October 2022 Citizenship Applications

idavid

Nov 6, 2019
Test completed: Mar. 23, 2023
Language skills completed: Mar. 29, 2023
Physical presence completed: Mar. 29, 2023
Prohibitions completed: Mar. 29, 2023
Citizenship ceremony in progress: May 6, 2023
Citizenship ceremony: May 24, 2023 (in-person ceremony)
Cancelled citizenship ceremony: May 24, 2023 (Absence due to an international trip)
Requested rescheduling citizenship ceremony: June 21, 2023 (Boarding passes submitted by email)
Status tracker update: Oct 3, 2023 (No email yet)
Citizenship ceremony: Oct 20, 2023 (Called IRCC today and confirmed it's a virtual ceremony)
IRCC office: Mississauga

hossamo33

Mar 17, 2015
I applied on the 3rd of October. Exam in Jan, interview in June. Nothing since then until today. Security was cleared a few months ago according to an officer that I talked to over the phone. Not sure what BG check is or if it is connected to security. My GCMS notes say due date is today. Maybe that’s why it updated today. Who knows.

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
I applied on the 3rd of October. Exam in Jan, interview in June. Nothing since then until today. Security was cleared a few months ago according to an officer that I talked to over the phone. Not sure what BG check is or if it is connected to security. My GCMS notes say due date is today. Maybe that’s why it updated today. Who knows.
- Do you mean the agent told you CRIMINALITY was cleared?
- What is the update date of criminality in GCMS? Should be around Feb prior to test date.
- Can you share your timeline and screenshot of tracker.
- what is your visa office? Primary office in GCMS.
As far as I understood from your comments,
you applied in Oct, and took test in Feb, and had an interview in June, your security screening is completed now, thus the BG. LPP is in process (gcms shows review ready now instead of earlier status of interview ready), and oath is not started. Correct??

Asking because we haven't seen any SS cleared in Sept. Hence your BG competion giving a hope to folks who are stuck in SS since 6-8 months.

hossamo33

Mar 17, 2015
- Do you mean the agent told you CRIMINALITY was cleared?
- What is the update date of criminality in GCMS? Should be around Feb prior to test date.
- Can you share your timeline and screenshot of tracker.
- what is your visa office? Primary office in GCMS.
As far as I understood from your comments,
you applied in Oct, and took test in Feb, and had an interview in June, your security screening is completed now, thus the BG. LPP is in process (gcms shows review ready now instead of earlier status of interview ready), and oath is not started. Correct??

Asking because we haven't seen any SS cleared in Sept. Hence your BG competion giving a hope to folks who are stuck in SS since 6-8 months.
The agent told me my security was cleared when I called around two months ago. He also told me my criminality wasn't cleared yet. Even though my GCMS says criminality passed. According to my GCMS notes, my primary is Montreal, and my secondary is Sydney. I live in Sydney too. All due dates showing on my GCMS are assigned to Sydney from Montreal. I don't know how to upload an image, so I copied and pasted my timeline.

Application history
  • Oct 4, 2023
    Activity status updated: Background verification
    Background verification
    Background verification status has been updated to Completed.
  • Jun 21, 2023
    Interview required
    You've been scheduled to attend an interview with our official on June 21, 2023. Information and instructions will be sent to you.
  • Feb 8, 2023
    Activity status updated: Citizenship test
    Citizenship test
    Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed.
  • Jan 27, 2023
    Scheduled for citizenship test
    Citizenship test
    You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between January 27, 2023 and February 16, 2023. Information and instructions will be sent to you.
  • Jan 11, 2023
    Citizenship test
    Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress.
  • Oct 11, 2022
    Application filed
    We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon.

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
The agent told me my security was cleared when I called around two months ago. He also told me my criminality wasn't cleared yet. Even though my GCMS says criminality passed. According to my GCMS notes, my primary is Montreal, and my secondary is Sydney. I live in Sydney too. All due dates showing on my GCMS are assigned to Sydney from Montreal. I don't know how to upload an image, so I copied and pasted my timeline.

Application history
  • Oct 4, 2023
    Background verification
  • Jun 21, 2023
    Interview required
    You've been scheduled to attend an interview with our official on June 21, 2023. Information and instructions will be sent to you.
  • Feb 8, 2023
    Citizenship test
  • Jan 27, 2023
    Citizenship test
    You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between January 27, 2023 and February 16, 2023. Information and instructions will be sent to you.
  • Jan 11, 2023
    Citizenship test
  • Oct 11, 2022
    Application filed
    We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon.
OK, thanks for sharing details, so seems your criminality was passed in earlier Jan (in gcms your gcms passed date should be 10 or 11 Jan), then test invite came, perhaps Agent was half sleep and mixed up, as both criminality and security are two components of BG, and criminality triggers FP Request thru RCMP, while security goes to CSIS. If no FP req then criminality is usually passer within 24 hrs. You havent received any FP req. your primary office was Montreal, from where the test invite came, all later stages LPP by defualt triggered by RC-8090 CPC sydney thats why you see Sydney in assigned dates. So it took around 9 months for SS. Nonetheless good to know your bg got completed. It gives us hope, and you will see soon the LPP possibly in two weeks, and eventually the oath invite after that. Good luck!

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016

Application history
  • Oct 4, 2023
    Background verification
  • Jun 21, 2023
    Interview required
  • Feb 8, 2023
    Citizenship test
  • Jan 27, 2023
    Citizenship test
  • Jan 11, 2023
    Citizenship test
  • Oct 11, 2022
    Application filed
And if you can pls check in ur GCMS notes these two things:

- Criminality status update date.
- Security update date.

it would give us idea whats your SS start date, and end date was OCT 4, so within 8-9 months.

hossamo33

Mar 17, 2015

Application history
  • Oct 4, 2023
    Background verification
  • Jun 21, 2023
    Interview required
  • Feb 8, 2023
    Citizenship test
  • Jan 27, 2023
    Citizenship test
  • Jan 11, 2023
    Citizenship test
  • Oct 11, 2022
    Application filed
My GCMS also says
OK, thanks for sharing details, so seems your criminality was passed in earlier Jan (in gcms your gcms passed date should be 10 or 11 Jan), then test invite came, perhaps Agent was half sleep and mixed up, as both criminality and security are two components of BG, and criminality triggers FP Request thru RCMP, while security goes to CSIS. If no FP req then criminality is usually passer within 24 hrs. You havent received any FP req. your primary office was Montreal, from where the test invite came, all later stages LPP by defualt triggered by RC-8090 CPC sydney thats why you see Sydney in assigned dates. So it took around 9 months for SS. Nonetheless good to know your bg got completed. It gives us hope, and you will see soon the LPP possibly in two weeks, and eventually the oath invite after that. Good luck!
Thanks for the input. If BG is criminality and security, what’s prohibitions then? Why isn’t my physical presence and language not cleared yet? I was absent for zero days, and I had the interview so I assume my language was also ok?

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
My GCMS also says

Thanks for the input. If BG is criminality and security, what’s prohibitions then? Why isn’t my physical presence and language not cleared yet? I was absent for zero days, and I had the interview so I assume my language was also ok?
OK so prohibition assessment is about the situations that may prevent one to become Canadian Citizen. Sometimes completed background status also reverts back to in-process during prohibition assessment and then both gets completed together. Some people also see Language and Phys Presence completed while prohibition being in process. Most of the time they get completed altogether on tracker. Language is different from the test. Its about your IELTS or language proof you submitted. Once BG check completed, the case moves to next stage of assessment - the LPP and then decision is made and finally oath scheduling.

I asked in above reply the criminality and security dates from your notes, pls check and reply as well. So that we can assess how long it took for you to complete the SS.

Good luck!

hossamo33

Mar 17, 2015
And if you can pls check in ur GCMS notes these two things:

- Criminality status update date.
- Security update date.

it would give us idea whats your SS start date, and end date was OCT 4, so within 8-9 months.
Security section is empty. Can't see anything. Criminality says Passed in August.

riverbird

Feb 16, 2023
Hi, just a quick update to share my application.

The status of my family's application has not been updated since Feb. We have yet to receive any invitation for a citizenship test.

My personal page still has the "send us additional information" alert, but I just called IRCC again this morning and the officer told me there is nothing required from us. He claimed that our application is being processed and everything looks normal.

somerandomusername

Nov 21, 2022
Hi, just a quick update to share my application.

The status of my family's application has not been updated since Feb. We have yet to receive any invitation for a citizenship test.

My personal page still has the "send us additional information" alert, but I just called IRCC again this morning and the officer told me there is nothing required from us. He claimed that our application is being processed and everything looks normal.
I would suggest ordering GCMS notes.

Reactions: riverbird