+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2022 Citizenship Applications

Ceredigion

Mar 10, 2023
Newcomer here. I have applied in late October and after I submitted my application I changed jobs [in early Feb] and therefore, I was wondering if I have to inform IRCC about my job change post application? My contact info [address, email, contact numbers] have not changed.

Citizenship Application Type: online
Physical Presence Days: 1,989
No of Applicants: Single
Application sent: Oct 26, 2022
Application delivered: Oct 26, 2022
AOR: Nov 15, 2022
Background Complete: Jan 16 2023
Test Invitation: Feb 18. 2023 - Window ~ Feb 27 - March 14 2023?
Test Taken: March 03, 2023
Test change from In Progress to Complete: March 06, 2023
LLP: In progress since Jan 16, 2023
Oath: Not started
Processing office: Scarborough
Oy Vey- IRCC have been b*lls achingly slow. Still waiting for LPP to turn green (7 months and counting). I got fed up and ordered GCMS notes it came a month later and surprise surprise, my primary processing center is Sydney. Some things i learned from GCMS note:

Although on my online tracker LPP says in progress, GCMS notes says it has not started. Due date for LPP is Nov 20 2023
Clearance request; RCMP/CSIS check: Yes
Criminal Check by RCMP is complete and is valid until 30/Jan/2024. Does this mean i will need additional check with CSIS or is this part done now? even if they check Criminality now, it will still come clean and clear.
Security clearance page is empty
On the one hand Location says CPC Sydney e-grant and Citizenship Certificate Type: Paper. A tad confused
On the one hand Location says CPC Sydney e-grant due date, Assigned by and Assigned to is empty :(

I know this is like asking how long is a piece of string but, reckon all will be complete by the due date in Nov 2023 or is this a pipe dream?

veniCA

Feb 3, 2023
cinthiapucv
AOR: oct 14, 2022
in process: Nov 21, 2022
Test requested: Apr 12, 2023
Test completed: May 3, 2023
No news since then :(
only test and background completed
ANYONE WITH SAME SITUATION ?
AOR a few days after you in Oct. Test marked complete Feb 8. No news since then. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Sad
Reactions: Cinthiapucv
Aug 6, 2023
Oy Vey- IRCC have been b*lls achingly slow. Still waiting for LPP to turn green (7 months and counting). I got fed up and ordered GCMS notes it came a month later and surprise surprise, my primary processing center is Sydney. Some things i learned from GCMS note:

Although on my online tracker LPP says in progress, GCMS notes says it has not started. Due date for LPP is Nov 20 2023
Clearance request; RCMP/CSIS check: Yes
Criminal Check by RCMP is complete and is valid until 30/Jan/2024. Does this mean i will need additional check with CSIS or is this part done now? even if they check Criminality now, it will still come clean and clear.
Security clearance page is empty
On the one hand Location says CPC Sydney e-grant and Citizenship Certificate Type: Paper. A tad confused
On the one hand Location says CPC Sydney e-grant due date, Assigned by and Assigned to is empty :(

I know this is like asking how long is a piece of string but, reckon all will be complete by the due date in Nov 2023 or is this a pipe dream?
Got very similar resonses in my GCMS notes, and my due date for LPP is in Oct-2023. To me, it's a 50/50 chance that IRCC respects the Due Dates. Some posts are showing the clearances were done around the due date, but others were delayed by several months after the due dates.

jjep

Feb 5, 2023
Finally did my Oath today. Thanks for all the help and guidance from this group. Timeline on my sig.
Got my ecert today; my citizenship journey has officially ended. Good luck to all still waiting for the completion of theirs; wishing for the speedy progress of your applications. Thanks again!

Reactions: hossamo33

Tokitae

Sep 24, 2023
Why are October applications being processed so much slower than September and even November and December applications according to the tracker

Haytham gamal

Oct 27, 2016
I received my note today and i am still stuck with the security check from January 2023. but i found in the last page that, This citizenship application has been scheduled for virtual citizenship event. and the date of this was 06/02/2023.
anyone saw something like that in his note ?
very strange
AOR 16/9/2022
Test 28/2/2023
nothing after that
please advice
Thanks

ukgenie

Nov 21, 2017
Still no movement for my family’s app since test completed in March. What’s baffling is lot of 2023 applicants are getting it faster - just curious how that is possible. I understand there can be variance between say Dec 2022 vs Oct 2022 but seeing May 2023 apps processing faster than ours is weird.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Still no movement for my family’s app since test completed in March. What’s baffling is lot of 2023 applicants are getting it faster - just curious how that is possible. I understand there can be variance between say Dec 2022 vs Oct 2022 but seeing May 2023 apps processing faster than ours is weird.
Is background completed?