+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2022 Citizenship Applications

hossamo33

Mar 17, 2015
Hello team, my GCMS notes says Location: E-Grant Interview Scheduled. What does that mean? I already had my interview in June, and the notes were generated in August. Any ideas?

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Hello team, my GCMS notes says Location: E-Grant Interview Scheduled. What does that mean? I already had my interview in June, and the notes were generated in August. Any ideas?
it means you are approved to be granted citizenship and in queue to be scheduled for oath.

When did you apply for GCMS Notes? I applied on July 14 and i still dont have them.

moandtonic

Star Member
Jun 2, 2019
Update on my application, scheduled for oath!!

Type - Online application
Office - Vancouver
Application Type - Single
(AR) Application Received - Oct 25th 2022
(AoR)Acknowledgement of Receipt - Nov 10th 2022
Fingerprint Request - Jan 30, 2023
Citizenship Test Complete - Feb 10, 2023
Fingerprints Received - Feb 20, 2023
Background Verification Complete - Feb 21, 2023
Language Skills Complete - July 20, 2023
Physical Presence Complete - July 20, 2023
Prohibitions Complete - Aug 1, 2023
Citizenship oath - Aug 11, 2023 (In Progress)
Oath Invitation Letter - Aug 14, 2023
Citizenship Ceremony - Aug 22, 2023

octcitizen

Oct 28, 2022
Guys, let's change our strategy. I've posted in a couple of other threads but for Sydney office folks,
I propose we all send a letter to Minister Marc Miller complaining about the delay of the Sydney office. If his office receives multiple letters about the same issue, they're bound to look into it.
Paper & Voice
Ottawa

Marc Miller
House of Commons
Ottawa, ON
K1A 0A6
(No postage required!)
Phone: 613-995-6403

You can reach the office of Marc Miller at Marc.Miller@parl.gc.ca
I agree, my primary office is also Sydney while I live in Hamilton (Secondary office). Test completed status since Feb 27 th and then no update at all. Nothing moved after that. While other who applied before and after already are citizens. This is total mockery.

Mogish

Aug 15, 2019
Is anybody still stuck at the background check? I passed my exam, and the last update was from April 1st.

kamalnba

Star Member
Oct 27, 2011
Finally I have LPP cleared today, Citizenship Oath status says no started "Not started". I am switching my home on 30th August, do i still need to report the address change?

Also, What happens if I am not available in the City for Oath ceremony, can I take online oath ?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Finally I have LPP cleared today, Citizenship Oath status says no started "Not started". I am switching my home on 30th August, do i still need to report the address change?

Also, What happens if I am not available in the City for Oath ceremony, can I take online oath ?
If it's online oath there is no issue but if it's in person you may have to travel. Not sure from your message how far you shifting. It's better to report as certificate goes via mail and if the ceremony is only paper certificate specific you might have issues.

kexx999

Star Member
Oct 31, 2022
Guys just a quick question. My oath is tom and it's says 10 :15 am time zone (canada). Ngf is my office. I live in ontario so 10:15 my local time right the oath is ?

kamalnba

Star Member
Oct 27, 2011
If it's online oath there is no issue but if it's in person you may have to travel. Not sure from your message how far you shifting. It's better to report as certificate goes via mail and if the ceremony is only paper certificate specific you might have issues.
Thanks for quick reply. How do i know if its online oath or in person. I am setting up mail forward to my new address via Canada post so if its coming via mail, it will automatically redirected to my new address. Can i request for new dste of Oath if I am not in town?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Thanks for quick reply. How do i know if its online oath or in person. I am setting up mail forward to my new address via Canada post so if its coming via mail, it will automatically redirected to my new address. Can i request for new dste of Oath if I am not in town?
Oath email has the detail about ceremony. These days they are not accepting request for reschedule if the reason is not serious one. So go with the one they give you.