+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2022 Citizenship Applications

JandR

Dec 9, 2013
Hi - In the invitation it looks like we can choose whether to receive e certificate or paper certificate at the time of oath registration. Some people in the forum are saying they also receive an email with e certificate download instructions in addition to oath invite email. Just checking to see if you have received the e certificate download instructions email .. thanks
it just said that a separate mail with e-certificate accessing information will be sent out after oath ceremony

hossamo33

Mar 17, 2015
Hello All,

I applied for citizenship online in October 2022. My citizenship test status was completed on the 8th of February 2023. I was scheduled for an interview on the 27th of June 2023. The interview was fine, and the lady said I should be getting a decision within 2 weeks and the invitation for ceremony will usually take 4 months after that. However, I haven't heard from anyone about anything yet. All my details of my application status says in progress except for test says completed.

Anyone in my situation? Or similar?

Thank you!

smal_can

Apr 1, 2018
it just said that a separate mail with e-certificate accessing information will be sent out after oath ceremony
Thanks .. we received some word document saying e certificate ceremony information.. assuming you are referring to this document right .. and there is no separate email apart from oath invitation.. please let me know.. thanks

JandR

Dec 9, 2013
Thanks .. we received some word document saying e certificate ceremony information.. assuming you are referring to this document right .. and there is no separate email apart from oath invitation.. please let me know.. thanks
yes..just the word document..

CHIOMA OSSAI

May 30, 2020
Hello All,

I applied for citizenship online in October 2022. My citizenship test status was completed on the 8th of February 2023. I was scheduled for an interview on the 27th of June 2023. The interview was fine, and the lady said I should be getting a decision within 2 weeks and the invitation for ceremony will usually take 4 months after that. However, I haven't heard from anyone about anything yet. All my details of my application status says in progress except for test says completed.

Anyone in my situation? Or similar?

Thank you!
I just did my interview today And I am hoping my application progress from here on in

Reactions: olayemo

mkayy89

Apr 6, 2016
AOR Received.
03-02-2017
Were anyone able to contact them by phone and get some additional info about their application? I know it will not speed up the process but was just wondering why there is a delay

swordenium

Aug 18, 2016
Dhaka
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
03-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2019
LANDED..........
24-09-2019
It has suffix in the email as "SCR" which is Scarborough office.
It is also written in the bottom of the Oath instructions letter.

hossamo33

Mar 17, 2015
Were anyone able to contact them by phone and get some additional info about their application? I know it will not speed up the process but was just wondering why there is a delay
I just called them. She basically said you'll have to wait 190 days. So keep waiting. After the 190 days pass, they'll probably say your application is non-routine. lol.

Sapru

Oct 11, 2017
Canada
That
Just called IRCC and know that I just got assigned a ceremony date yesterday for Aug 16 - tracker should hopefully be updated in the next few days.
That is awesome! I have been waiting for citizenship ceremony date from SCR office for the last 4 weeks (LPP got completed then) for my spouse and there has been no update.. quite random and frustrating!

Sapru

Oct 11, 2017
Canada
That

That is awesome! I have been waiting for citizenship ceremony date from SCR office for the last 4 weeks (LPP got completed then) for my spouse and there has been no update.. quite random and frustrating!
Called them today and they said that processing officer needs to do the "final-review" before they assign an oath date! The call center representative cannot do it anything about it at this point and it is upto the officer to do this so called final review.. so we need to wait (sigh!)..