+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2022 Citizenship Applications

skuser

Mar 3, 2023
We received our certificates today, Oath date 31 May, Edmonton office,

tracker updated on 06-Jun.
Good luck to every one, it is wonderful experience to track our progress here thanks for all info too

lcpng

Star Member
Sep 30, 2022
We received our certificates today, Oath date 31 May, Edmonton office,

tracker updated on 06-Jun.
Good luck to every one, it is wonderful experience to track our progress here thanks for all info too
Nice! If you don't mind me asking how long did it take for your certificates to mail out?

Reactions: sibnadian

lcpng

Star Member
Sep 30, 2022
Exactly three months today, after DM. We finally received our oath date on June 27. I am happy and panicking at the same time as we have booked our travel for July 15, hopefully we can get our certificates and passport before July 15th. Anyone requested to expedite your certificates before, how did it go?

Reactions: sibnadian

Greninja

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
Exactly three months today, after DM. We finally received our oath date on June 27. I am happy and panicking at the same time as we have booked our travel for July 15, hopefully we can get our certificates and passport before July 15th. Anyone requested to expedite your certificates before, how did it go?
better postphone your travel plan .... this question will be asked during the oath as well.

Reactions: sibnadian and lcpng

h3xx_r_d

Star Member
May 10, 2019
If it’s a virtual ceremony, it will take about a week to receive the certificate in the mail. In-person ceremonies give it same day.
Once you receive your certificate, you can walk-in to a passport service office (not a regular Service Canada office) and do an urgent application. You will have to pay more and show proof of travel, but you can get it within 2 days then. Check the passport application page for details on this.

Reactions: sibnadian and lcpng

Babybae

Jan 15, 2018
Canada
Heaven knows that if I get called for oath, even on the day I am traveling, I am taking that oath! Even if it means connecting to internet on the aircraft.
The wait for my LPP to complete since February hasn’t been fun. So if I get oath date, even during time to say my vows, I’m pausing the priest to take my citizenship oath!:D

kaelsaye

Jun 13, 2023
Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1250
Application: Family
Application sent: October 1,2022
Application received: October 6, 2022
AOR: November 21,2022

We received AOR for 3 of the 4 applicants. Mine (1 Adult) is still pending.
Has anyone else faced this scenario? Any suggestions?
Hi @somerandomusername :

May I ask how you situation was resolved? Did you get your AOR? OR did you call the IRCC to get your application number?

I am in the same situation, family of 5, 3 minors got their AOR and I and my wife didn't get ours

Your response will be of great help to me

Thanks in advance

Joship33

Star Member
May 18, 2019
Hello Everyone,

Is there anyone who applied for passport, express service at Kelowna ? What's the processing time ? Thank you.

trice4

Feb 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-10-2018
Med's Done....
26-11-2018
Vancouver office is waking up. Today I got LPP completed as of June 12th.
Although they only updated to me, for my wife they're still in progress (we applied as a family).

chavoshi

Star Member
Nov 7, 2018
And finally the journey got almost over by attending the ceremony and taking the oath.

We just had our ceremony today which took around an hour, 5 minutes of registration and admin stuff, staying for 25 minutes in waiting room, 10 minutes of judge speech about citizenship rights and responsibilities and the clerk about the ceremony rules and regulations, and finally taking the oath and singing the national anthem. At the end there was also some information has given about the certificate and in general the steps after receiving it by clerk.

I wish this moment for all of you guys as it's a really glorious occasion
In tracker, citizenship oath status has been updated to completed just now and the application has been officially closed :)

Your citizenship application status: Closed
Reason: We have approved your application to become a Canadian citizen.
Congratulations!
You are now a Canadian citizen. Welcome to the Canadian family!
Within the next few weeks, you’ll receive documents and information for your next steps as a new citizen.

Full timeline:

Applied on October 30, 2022
Type:
Online application
Case Processing Centre: Scarborough
Physical Presence Days: 1,133
Application: Couple
AOR: November 15, 2022
Ghost Update: Dec, 16, 2022
Ghost Update: February 3, 2023
Background check completed: February 3, 2023
Citizenship test in progress: Feb 14, 2023
Citizenship test scheduled: Feb 17, 2023 to March 9, 2023
Test taken: February 22, 2023
Test completed: February 24, 2023 for me and February 25, 2023 for my wife
Ghost Update: March 2, 2023
LPP: May 15, 2023 (Tracker updated on May 17, 2023)
Citizenship Oath: June 8, 2023
Citizenship Oath Completed: June 12, 2023 (Tracker updated on June 15, 2023)

• Love
Reactions: Greninja and lcpng

utdrub

Mar 16, 2019
A summer miracle, now I'm excited. you were part of the group that almost had exact dates to myself.

Vancouver office is waking up. Today I got LPP completed as of June 12th.
Although they only updated to me, for my wife they're still in progress (we applied as a family).

trice4

Feb 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-10-2018
Med's Done....
26-11-2018
A summer miracle, now I'm excited. you were part of the group that almost had exact dates to myself.
Fingers crossed!