+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2022 Citizenship Applications

sibnadian

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Certificate received today and applied for passport in-person. Set to pick it up Friday afternoon as an Express service.
Congrats.
Did you receive a physical or electronic cert?
How to opt for a physical one?

Reactions: ambq91

ambq91

Jan 29, 2019
Congrats.
Did you receive a physical or electronic cert?
How to opt for a physical one?
For applicants before 2023 only paper certificate is an option unless they invite you for electronic which is random. Mine was paper certificate but requested urgent for my US work.

Reactions: sibnadian

svcanadapr

Mar 12, 2019
It appears as though it takes 7-10 days to receive the certificate after the Oath ceremony. I am actively working in the US on an H1B visa. Can I leave Canada right after the Oath ceremony using my previous nationality passport, make a friend ship the certificate to my address in the US, and apply for a Canadian passport from the US? Please advise.

kamranrasul

Jan 2, 2014
It appears as though it takes 7-10 days to receive the certificate after the Oath ceremony. I am actively working in the US on an H1B visa. Can I leave Canada right after the Oath ceremony using my previous nationality passport, make a friend ship the certificate to my address in the US, and apply for a Canadian passport from the US? Please advise.
It is not recommended as you will lose your pass back into Canada. There are usually no complications.
Q1. But will you be able to get your new passport at a US address?
Q2. How safe is it?
Q3. God forbid, if something urgent happens and you have to come back to Canada before your passport comes?

The minimum time to get your passport from outside Canada is 20 business days, that is at least 30 days. Please think about these questions and decide.

svcanadapr

Mar 12, 2019
It is not recommended as you will lose your pass back into Canada. There are usually no complications.
Q1. But will you be able to get your new passport at a US address?
Q2. How safe is it?
Q3. God forbid, if something urgent happens and you have to come back to Canada before your passport comes?

The minimum time to get your passport from outside Canada is 20 business days, that is at least 30 days. Please think about these questions and decide.
Response to Q1 and Q2: I am looking for an answer to this.
Response to Q3: I have a job and a home in the US and none in Canada except for a mailing address (a friend's home). Every day I spend in Canada costs me in terms of AirBnB or hotel expenses. Where as in the US I have already paid monthly rent for an active long-term lease.

dryiceman

Oct 4, 2015
For applicants before 2023 only paper certificate is an option unless they invite you for electronic which is random. Mine was paper certificate but requested urgent for my US work.
Are you located in Calgary? Which Passport Office did you go to and did you need an appointment or was it a walk-in? Thanks.