+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2022 Citizenship Applications

riverbird

Feb 16, 2023
We have not been able to reach an agent via phone yet. But we did send a follow up web form and got an interesting response.

The response basically says the correspondence was sent on Feb 15, 2023 and we should be able to see it in the Messages section of the IRCC secure account (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html). But since our application is paper based, we don't have an account here.

We went ahead and created an account, but in that site there is no way to link a citizenship application in this account. Overall, we still don't know what correspondence was sent on Feb 15th and what they need in terms of information from us.

We have again explained the situation via web form, but has anyone else faced a similar issue? Is there any way to link a paper application to the IRCC account so we can view messages? Thanks in advance!
Hi, as far as I can understand, the IRCC secure account is not to be linked to a citizenship application. There are only limited types of applications that be linked, such as PR, family sponsorship, etc, according to this website.

Reactions: ukgenie

ukgenie

Nov 21, 2017
Hi, as far as I can understand, the IRCC secure account is not to be linked to a citizenship application. There are only limited types of applications that be linked, such as PR, family sponsorship, etc, according to this website.
Correct, that is what we replied in the web form again yesterday. The web form requests have had decent turnaround - we have been getting responses in 24-48 hours though not been very helpful in getting the issue on hand resolved.

Meanwhile we will keep trying to call and get hold of an agent too.

mar_canada

Oct 31, 2022
the ecas changed to in-process, below updated time

Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1100
Application: Family (3)
Application sent: 27 OCt 2022
Delivered: 31 Oct 2022
AOR: 16 Dec 2022
Application Filed (in Tracker): 12 Dec 2022
ECAS changed to in-process: 27 Feb 2023
Background check completed!

Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1100
Application: Family (3)
Application sent: 27 OCt 2022
Delivered: 31 Oct 2022
AOR: 16 Dec 2022
Application Filed (in Tracker): 12 Dec 2022
ECAS changed to in-process: 27 Feb 2023
Background check completed: 01 Mar 2023

Faromag

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
I took the test on Feb 1 and completed status didn't happen until Feb 8. It's perfectly normal.
Thanks for your answer. Yes, 8 days is pretty normal, however, my question was related to why for me and my son the test is completed on the tracker after 5 days but not for my wife because we took the test on the same day. Now are already passed 10 days..

YvChakaChaka

Jan 15, 2016
Ghost Update: January 18, 2023

The message reads: We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon.

Probably a fingerprint request or additional documents needed.
Another update on March 2: Background complete - Jan 19, 2023

pnmj87

Star Member
Apr 18, 2018
@admin

Update on my application,
Background Complete: February 9, 2023 (no email- as seen in tracker)
Test Invite: February 23, 2023
Test Window: February 27 - March 20, 2023
Test Taken: February 27 2023 (both me and spouse)

No update on completion date. Still eagerly waiting for it to be changed to completed.

Reactions: sibnadian

riverbird

Feb 16, 2023
Correct, that is what we replied in the web form again yesterday. The web form requests have had decent turnaround - we have been getting responses in 24-48 hours though not been very helpful in getting the issue on hand resolved.

Meanwhile we will keep trying to call and get hold of an agent too.
I called IRCC again today, as an FYI. The agent stated that no additional information is required from me, despite what the tracker indicates. Last week when I called, a different agent told me the same thing. Now I can assume that IRCC is not currently wating for any documents from me. I will continue monitoring though.

Reactions: sibnadian