+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2022 Citizenship Applications

abhimanyu_ahlawat

Dec 6, 2021
Hello All,

I filed an online application in Oct and received AOR on Nov 10th. I haven't received any correspondence or test invite since then. What should I do? My background check still shows in progress on the tracker.

Reactions: sibnadian

Faromag

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
Hi,

If someone can help with
it:

I took a citizenship test on the same day with my wife and my son and after 5 days for my son and myself, we got a test completed in ecas tracker but nothing yet for my wife. From the day that we got a test completed two days are already gone. Is it normal that the status can be processed at a different time or it will be better to contact the officer?

Please if you have any experience?
Tx

theprairieboy

Apr 22, 2020
Hi,

If someone can help with
it:

I took a citizenship test on the same day with my wife and my son and after 5 days for my son and myself, we got a test completed in ecas tracker but nothing yet for my wife. From the day that we got a test completed two days are already gone. Is it normal that the status can be processed at a different time or it will be better to contact the officer?

Please if you have any experience?
Tx
Hi! could be a totally different scenario cos I am single though but I took and passed the test on the 20th of February and haven't heard from them since.

ukgenie

Nov 21, 2017
That is interesting. We used the web form to enquire, but got a response saying an email was sent to us on Feb 23rd and please check in your junk folder etc. But that is just the test invite and not related to the additional information request. Is 1-888-242-2100 the number to call, and how hard is it to get hold of an agent?
We have not been able to reach an agent via phone yet. But we did send a follow up web form and got an interesting response.

The response basically says the correspondence was sent on Feb 15, 2023 and we should be able to see it in the Messages section of the IRCC secure account (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html). But since our application is paper based, we don't have an account here.

We went ahead and created an account, but in that site there is no way to link a citizenship application in this account. Overall, we still don't know what correspondence was sent on Feb 15th and what they need in terms of information from us.

We have again explained the situation via web form, but has anyone else faced a similar issue? Is there any way to link a paper application to the IRCC account so we can view messages? Thanks in advance!

ozaN

Nov 29, 2018
We have not been able to reach an agent via phone yet. But we did send a follow up web form and got an interesting response.

The response basically says the correspondence was sent on Feb 15, 2023 and we should be able to see it in the Messages section of the IRCC secure account (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html). But since our application is paper based, we don't have an account here.

We went ahead and created an account, but in that site there is no way to link a citizenship application in this account. Overall, we still don't know what correspondence was sent on Feb 15th and what they need in terms of information from us.

We have again explained the situation via web form, but has anyone else faced a similar issue? Is there any way to link a paper application to the IRCC account so we can view messages? Thanks in advance!
Try this:
1(888)242-2100
2, wait a minute, 1-1-4, wait 20 sec., then 2
Easier to reach without excess wait time.

Reactions: ukgenie

veniCA

Feb 3, 2023
Hi,
If someone can help with
it:

I took a citizenship test on the same day with my wife and my son and after 5 days for my son and myself, we got a test completed in ecas
I took the test on Feb 1 and completed status didn't happen until Feb 8. It's perfectly normal.

Emmemm07

Jan 24, 2018
My tracker started showing BG completed yesterday but the completed date on the timeline is Jan 20th. Tracker updated the info today, There’s a GU (most likely a mass update)
Admin, please update the tracker. Thanks!

Last edited:

cbego318

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
09-04-2019
AOR Received.
02-05-2019
File Transfer...
10-05-2019
Med's Request
06-05-2019
Med's Done....
17-05-2019
Passport Req..
07-06-2019
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2019
LANDED..........
30-08-2019
BG completed today, but the status says it was completed on Jan 19 on the tracker. Please update the spread sheet. Thanks

Last edited:

Babybae

Jan 15, 2018
Canada
My timeline: Online application Vancouver office

submitted Oct 5, 2022 exactly 1095 days
Never received AOR, went straight to receiving email for test Jan 30.
I used test letter to create online tracker.
Took test Feb 4, 2023 score 17/20
Test completed Feb 9
BG completed Feb 9
Ghost update March 2
LPP - in progress