+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2022 Citizenship Applications

Emmemm07

Jan 24, 2018
I don’t know what’s happening. We all got aor but guess they haven’t started processing our applications. . Please let me know if you can sign up in the coming days . It would be really great. Thanks
I don’t think that’s the case. Reasons being, I received an email that my application is in progress after the AOR email. It also mentioned that the application can now be tracked online. Some of the members here would’ve received it as well.
The new tracker is a version of the old tracker, which didn’t work for many. Not surprising, that a good chunk of us cannot access it.
Additionally, the users that couldn’t access the old tracker still received timely updates on their application. I’m not too worried honestly. CIC will establish correspondence when they need to.

kexx999

Star Member
Oct 31, 2022
I don’t think that’s the case. Reasons being, I received an email that my application is in progress after the AOR email. It also mentioned that the application can now be tracked online. Some of the members here would’ve received it as well.
The new tracker is a version of the old tracker, which didn’t work for many. Not surprising, that a good chunk of us cannot access it.
Additionally, the users that couldn’t access the old tracker still received timely updates on their application. I’m not too worried honestly. CIC will establish correspondence when they need to.
I didn’t get the email though. Is it normal that everyone should get the email ?

chavoshi

Star Member
Nov 7, 2018
I didn’t get the email though. Is it normal that everyone should get the email ?
I just got the email, but still couldn't register:

Dear Client,
Thank you for submitting your application for a grant of Canadian citizenship. Your application was created in our system on November 15, 2022 and is currently in progress.

You can now follow the progress of your application with our Citizenship Application Tracker.

jm90

Jan 10, 2019
I just got the email, but still couldn't register:

Dear Client,
Thank you for submitting your application for a grant of Canadian citizenship. Your application was created in our system on November 15, 2022 and is currently in progress.

You can now follow the progress of your application with our Citizenship Application Tracker.
Yes, received the same thing, but can't create an account for tracking. What are they doing, lol. Its a mess...

We applied for citizenship in https://citapply-citdemande.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/sign-in but can't track it there. Why can't they just have us track there.

Reactions: chavoshi

jackbauer

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Other
Hi All,

We submitted application on Oct 26 & got air in Nov 4. When I try to create an account in tracker website, its saying invalid details & maybe your info not in our system yet.

strangely, I got an email from ircc saying application created in their system on Nov 10 & is in progress. How can I login to see my status?

Hurricane207

Aug 21, 2018
Hello,
I have a question when the application is returned (incomplete because of a missing document), should I include the explanation letter, which was sent with the returned application?
Thanks
Yeah sounds good. If you want you can also add information about why the particular document was missing, if that helps.

Reactions: MZ1971

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Yes, received the same thing, but can't create an account for tracking. What are they doing, lol. Its a mess...

We applied for citizenship in https://citapply-citdemande.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/sign-in but can't track it there. Why can't they just have us track there.
This is a great point... this would make it so much more simple. I guess they are having a separate portal until they stop accepting paper applications

hey_1r1s

Oct 26, 2022
We were finally able to access ECAS as of yesterday but still no AOR. How long does AOR usually arrive when ECAS access goes first for those who had the same experience?

disp.31089

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Updates on the app tracker situation - still not able to register - says invalid information.

Nov 9 - Received AOR
Nov 16 - Follow your application email -1
Nov 23 - Follow your application email -2

I can access ECAS since I put a paper application and the status reads-
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 3, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 9, 2022.
Thinking about going through the webform, although I've seen folks here not have a lot of success yet with that.
I'm not too worried though - if they need something, they will send an email.
Would have been good if they streamlined this a bit.

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Updates on the app tracker situation - still not able to register - says invalid information.

Nov 9 - Received AOR
Nov 16 - Follow your application email -1
Nov 23 - Follow your application email -2

I can access ECAS since I put a paper application and the status reads-
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 3, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 9, 2022.
Thinking about going through the webform, although I've seen folks here not have a lot of success yet with that.
I'm not too worried though - if they need something, they will send an email.
Would have been good if they streamlined this a bit.
I would definitely recommend submitting a webform. The more people that complain, more attention is called for to fix it. If we don't complain, they are not going to do anything about it

disp.31089

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
I would definitely recommend submitting a webform. The more people that complain, more attention is called for to fix it. If we don't complain, they are not going to do anything about it
@shiremag Fair point. But I also didn't want to take away from folks who have more serious issues to tackle via the webform.
In any case, I will submit a webform and see what happens. I hope they read it. :)

Reactions: shiremag

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019
@shiremag Fair point. But I also didn't want to take away from folks who have more serious issues to tackle via the webform.
In any case, I will submit a webform and see what happens. I hope they read it. :)
I submitted my 2nd webform today complaining their generic response on the first webform and to look into the actual issue.

Reactions: shiremag