+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2021 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

SLCtoYEG

Oct 1, 2021
Category........
FAM
Hi everyone,
We applied on oct 28th ,2021 -- online --outland. no update since then.
How long will it take for aor?
AOR is usually 30-90 days but they are running at the high end of that. They are currently working on mid to late Dec apps. Yours is way late. You might want to check in with IRCC or your MP to see what is happening with your file.

Uzi13

Apr 5, 2021
Hello all,
People who has submitted their online application how did you able to get your spouse's photo uploaded on portal with exact physical dimensions front and back? Did you guys just scan both sides and uploaded it or used any online tool?

Anjan18

Oct 27, 2018
Hi All, How does your COPR looks like ?
As I received my wife’s COPR saying,

When you're approved for permanent residence in Canada, you'll get a Confirmation of Permanent Residence document.
And at the bottom there was document number starting with T. Expiry date on document says a day before the passport expires. It’s not as per passport’s expiry date.
So just wondering is this any typo error or it’s confirmed letter.

Parhampix

Mar 23, 2022
Hello guys, my wife’s medical was sent to CIC on March 7th (based on eMedical). No updates since then. I wonder how long it will take to be passed?

Paper application received: October 27, 2021
AOR: 29 January
Medical request: 28 February, 2022
SA: February 28, 2022
Biometric: No Needed
Medical Sent: March 07, 2022

sibin123

Apr 6, 2022
Hi,
I submitted the application for sponsoring my wife on October 1st and no update so far. I called CIC in January and they provided a temporary file number. But no update after that. It has been six months, and no AOR yet. Kind of getting nervous now. Could you please someone let me know if this is normal?

SLCtoYEG

Oct 1, 2021
Category........
FAM
Hi,
I submitted the application for sponsoring my wife on October 1st and no update so far. I called CIC in January and they provided a temporary file number. But no update after that. It has been six months, and no AOR yet. Kind of getting nervous now. Could you please someone let me know if this is normal?
It is not "normal" in that the average wait time for AOR for outland is 80-90 days currently. Try connecting with your MP or calling IRCC because 6 months is crazytown.

sibin123

Apr 6, 2022
It is not "normal" in that the average wait time for AOR for outland is 80-90 days currently. Try connecting with your MP or calling IRCC because 6 months is crazytown.
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I contacted MP office and they said they couldn’t do anything as the application is still within the normal processing time. I am feeling really stressed out.

SLCtoYEG

Oct 1, 2021
Category........
FAM
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I contacted MP office and they said they couldn’t do anything as the application is still within the normal processing time. I am feeling really stressed out.
Yes there are many of us in the name boat as you. I'm at 4 months myself waiting for AOR. When I contacted my MP I got the response that it is in the system but has yet to be opened up by an officer. Their timeline just went from 12 to 19 months so according to their logic we have nothing to worry about until 2023 even though hundreds or thousands of others will have landed before they even open our applications to give them a first perusal. IRCC is a dumpster fire that has 0 efficiency and even less transparency in their process. But let me tell you how I really feel.....

sibin123

Apr 6, 2022
Yes there are many of us in the name boat as you. I'm at 4 months myself waiting for AOR. When I contacted my MP I got the response that it is in the system but has yet to be opened up by an officer. Their timeline just went from 12 to 19 months so according to their logic we have nothing to worry about until 2023 even though hundreds or thousands of others will have landed before they even open our applications to give them a first perusal. IRCC is a dumpster fire that has 0 efficiency and even less transparency in their process. But let me tell you how I really feel.....
That is so true. It is really frustrating

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi,
I would go back to your MPs office and ask for specific information: yes, you know it is still within the normal processing time. But you need to confirm whether or not the application is still 'in the system', as you have not received AOR yet. I.e. your concern is that it could have been returned to you for some mistake with the file and you may not have received for some reason (either by email or by post).

The MPs office can ask about the status (and therefore determine whether it has been returned for error).

My understanding is that guidelines for MPs offices are to understand that files take 12 months or less typically, and that they will try not to overload the system with standard "what's with my file" inquiries. (And of course if you look at most of these threads, they are indeed mostly posts/requests about "how much longer / where's my file / can anyone tell me anything)

But these are not strict rules and they can ask. You have to ask more than once. Every MPs office gets dozens and dozens of these requests and they have little way to distinguish routine 'status checks' from ones with real issues. You have to help them understand that hyou may have a real issue. You may have to try more than once. Look at the tracker spreadsheet and use that info (eg. 95% of those who applied at same time as me have already got AOR - it's not just a routine delay now).

Reactions: sibin123