+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2021 - Citizenship Applications

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
11th October 2021: Applied for Grant of Citizenship Online.
January 5th, 2022 AOR
July 27th, 2022. Passed the citizenship test
February 22, 2023 Background check is completed
March 8, 2023 LPP is Completed. Citizenship has not started yet.
March 9, 2023 Citizenship is n progress. The oath date is April 3, 2023
March 21st received the oath letter instructions.
Congrats! Your wait is finally over! My application is Sep 24 and BG Feb 13 and I should have had LPP by now as per other's recent timelines so I'm fearing a long delay (maybe because of travel or self employment). Very frustrating but it gives me some hope that other's files are moving.

sambibi

Star Member
Apr 29, 2018
Congrats! Your wait is finally over! My application is Sep 24 and BG Feb 13 and I should have had LPP by now as per other's recent timelines so I'm fearing a long delay (maybe because of travel or self employment). Very frustrating but it gives me some hope that other's files are moving.
Hi John, what is the average between BG and LPP? It seems Scarborough timeline is much
longer then the average. My BG is from early March. Nothing After. Thanks

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Hi John, what is the average between BG and LPP? It seems Scarborough timeline is much
longer then the average. My BG is from early March. Nothing After. Thanks
One month for most people in our situation (delayed background). if your file is straightforward (no residence complications like me), then you can expect LPP early to mid April

Jim robster

Mar 29, 2017
Hi guys,

I need some help and advice.
I have the following timelines
21st October 2021: Applied for Grant of Citizenship - paper based.
January 13th, 2022 AOR
February 3rd 2022: Background Verification completed

After that NOTHING - just silence. Rest is in progress.
No test invite for 13 months.

I called once in September , they said some things were completed - Now I cant get through anymore.
The Visa Office is Montreal.

What do I do guys?
I enlisted the local MPs help and they reached out to IRCC but even no news from IRCC to them for 2 months.

I feel really ignored and helpless as I need my passport to travel for my job etc.

Any advice guys?

Thank You :)

sambibi

Star Member
Apr 29, 2018
Hi guys,

January 13th, 2022 AOR

I called once in September , they said some things were completed - Now I cant get through anymore.

What do I do guys?
I enlisted the local MPs help and they reached out to IRCC but even no news from IRCC to them for 2 months.

I feel really ignored and helpless as I need my passport to travel for my job etc.

Any advice guys?

I undertand your frustration but know that many of us from Oct are still waiting. MPS are last resort and they Always get a quick response. Maybe you should ask cbsa notes. I have seen here people with BG completed who received later fingerprints request. All the best. Hope things move soon.

octadag

Oct 20, 2014
patiently waiting as well . happy for people from Oct 2022 to get oath now but annoyed that people from 2021 and 2020 are still waiting. It almost seems like a first in - last out randomized system :)

mmario

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
One month for most people in our situation (delayed background). if your file is straightforward (no residence complications like me), then you can expect LPP early to mid April
I contacted my MP. Maybe you could give it a try. At least they will know that you are actively waiting on this application.

ATKK_H

Sep 24, 2018
Ghost update on March 2, 2023, but nothing has changed.

Type: Online Application
Application Office: Vancouver
Application submitted: December 23, 2021
AOR: February 21, 2022
Test Marked Complete: September 22, 2022
Physical presence, Prohibitions, and Language Skills; Background verification is "In Progress."
Citizenship Oath: Not started
Application online status: "Waiting for additional documents," but I received no correspondence. I called IRCC they said nothing is pending, just a system glitch.

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Hi guys,

January 13th, 2022 AOR

What do I do guys?

Any advice guys?

Do you need a Canadian passport to enable work travel? Is your home country passport not sufficient for the travel (inability to get a visa etc)? If so, then you will be very likely approved for Urgent processing.

I have successfully helped a few people with this. Get a letter from your employer supporting your need for Canadian passport for work travel and you would likely be approved on the basis that you fear losing your current job due to not being able to travel. Write a letter describing this situation and submit both these letters via webform.

I totally empathise with your situation. I too submitted Oct 31, and seen no progress at all for 18 months now, not even BG complete or test invite… it does feel like we are being ignored.

Good luck and I hope we both see some progress soon.