+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCTOBER 2020 OUTLAND Spousal Sponsorship

jakez1314

Star Member
May 29, 2020
SA Approval and Medical Request received today (03/29) was 3 days after Biometrics (03/26) and a little under a week after AOR1 (03/24). CIC received application 10/05/20, so things are moving along finally (probably because of extra workers they hired). Hopefully they move as quickly once Biometrics and Medical submitted. Our states USCIS booking out about 2 weeks for Biometrics (Outland in US), and unfortunately have to travel to Medical Exam - wish the border was open as Canadian Panel Physician is much closer than a US one. Keep your heads up!
thats some progress, not much on my side. application received Oct 02, 2020 AOR 1 received march 7 ,2021 with biometrics exempted, about 3 weeks now no sign of SA or medical request lol

constance23

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
Yknow this actually makes me feel better... not to say I'm glad but at least we don't feel so alone.
Exactly! Without this forum and without you guys chiming in - I would've probably lost it. lol

This sucks but oh well, it is what it is. I just hope we can hear from them soon.

Reactions: cjr

constance23

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
I don't understand this...how some people are still waiting for AOR from October but some December apps already have Pre-Arrival/PPR. I hate this process.
I feel you! Not sure what's happening to be honest or how they are processing things. No choice but to keep it together and hope that it comes through soon.

• Sad
Reactions: his*marty

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
I feel you! Not sure what's happening to be honest or how they are processing things. No choice but to keep it together and hope that it comes through soon.
I can't keep it together, really... If they can give someone decision made from NDVO in 3 months - including all their background checks, then it shouldn't take a year or longer for the other VO's. I'm thoroughly disgusted. From what I understand NDVO is also a very busy VO, so if they can do it, so can the others.

Reactions: esam99

trancemist

Aug 25, 2020
Category........
FAM
I can't keep it together, really... If they can give someone decision made from NDVO in 3 months - including all their background checks, then it shouldn't take a year or longer for the other VO's. I'm thoroughly disgusted. From what I understand NDVO is also a very busy VO, so if they can do it, so can the others.
As I mentioned earlier, they are prioritizing applications from Hong Kong and people exempt from travel restrictions. This is likely why you see some move so quickly.

Lets keep in mind that the office was basically shut down for many months due to COVID-19.

And... this is just the way some things work in the Government of Canada.
Just be glad you're not trying to get into the United States (for example) where the process is much worse.

Reactions: cjr and constance23

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
As I mentioned earlier, they are prioritizing applications from Hong Kong and people exempt from travel restrictions. This is likely why you see some move so quickly.

Lets keep in mind that the office was basically shut down for many months due to COVID-19.

And... this is just the way some things work in the Government of Canada.
Just be glad you're not trying to get into the United States (for example) where the process is much worse.
I understand they're prioritizing HK. But, all the people who have DM after 3 months are from India. Are HK applicants through NDVO too?