+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCTOBER 2020 OUTLAND Spousal Sponsorship

jakez1314

Star Member
May 29, 2020
I don't understand this...how some people are still waiting for AOR from October but some December apps already have Pre-Arrival/PPR. I hate this process.
wellas u may already noticed this whole appliction processing has nothing to do with chronological order or first come first serve. Sometimes it just depends on luck alone and if the officer is bias or not. Sad but it's true lol

Reactions: Nailah

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
wellas u may already noticed this whole appliction processing has nothing to do with chronological order or first come first serve. Sometimes it just depends on luck alone and if the officer is bias or not. Sad but it's true lol
I 100% agree and understand. I'm not expecting everyone to be processed in the same amount of time. What I don't understand is why so many have to wait 12+ months when they're fully capable of processing within 3 months. If they can acquire all security/background clearances for some in that period then surely they can in more cases.

frange

May 25, 2018
I 100% agree and understand. I'm not expecting everyone to be processed in the same amount of time. What I don't understand is why so many have to wait 12+ months when they're fully capable of processing within 3 months. If they can acquire all security/background clearances for some in that period then surely they can in more cases.
I think they have a number of RP by category to be granted for each year. This number is set by the parliament each year, though.
In that case, they do not allocate the number fairly between regions or visa offices. That's why you see some are at the final stage and others are at the early stage. Nowadays, COVID pays the price but it was always like that..... This is Unfair process!!!

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
I think they have a number of RP by category to be granted for each year. This number is set by the parliament each year, though.
In that case, they do not allocate the number fairly between regions or visa offices. That's why you see some are at the final stage and others are at the early stage. Nowadays, COVID pays the price but it was always like that..... This is Unfair process!!!
So are you saying, in their totals they allocated how many permanent residents they want to accept from each region? I think this process is fine for experience class/workers etc. but, this shouldn't even be a consideration for family class. Anyways, I'll stop whining I'm just really aggravated - again exacerbated by not seeing my husband in a year - with no freaking idea when that's even a possibility again.

Reactions: davidtal2406

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
So are you saying, in their totals they allocated how many permanent residents they want to accept from each region? I think this process is fine for experience class/workers etc. but, this shouldn't even be a consideration for family class. Anyways, I'll stop whining I'm just really aggravated - again exacerbated by not seeing my husband in a year - with no freaking idea when that's even a possibility again.
It does not apply to family class. I'm not even sure there are such allocations for other classes. Government does have targets for total numbers and reports projections (estimates) for regions, but targets and projections are different things.

Reactions: his*marty

sgp1986

Star Member
Jan 2, 2020
I just checked on ECAS, my application has gone from in progress to application received. Does anyone know what this means?

Reactions: his*marty

kanislupos

Star Member
Jan 22, 2017
Singapore
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
I called IRCC today and the nice lady gave me a temporary application number, Starting with XF followed by 9 digits. She says it's in queue for completeness checks...

sgp1986

Star Member
Jan 2, 2020
My status has gone from received back to in progress. Guess the VO has checked it out and gotten started on it :)