+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCTOBER 2020 OUTLAND Spousal Sponsorship

LalaPixie

Sep 30, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
yaayy thanks for setting up this thread and putting up the info!! My application landed yesterday morning and even though I know it's probably going to be a couple more months to hear anything back since they seem to just be getting to early March applicants, I can't stop obsessively checking my emails o_O Though on the "bright" side I think applications were significantly less than average the months inbetween then and now so we'll see!! Fingers crossed for everyone to hear some good news!!

katfernztan

Sep 10, 2020
Haha you are not alone. Our application has not even reached the visa office but we have been checking couple of times. I saw from the spreadsheet that there were two of the march applicants who are already on the passport step.

katfernztan

Sep 10, 2020

reesl

Oct 5, 2020
yaayy thanks for setting up this thread and putting up the info!! My application landed yesterday morning and even though I know it's probably going to be a couple more months to hear anything back since they seem to just be getting to early March applicants, I can't stop obsessively checking my emails o_O Though on the "bright" side I think applications were significantly less than average the months inbetween then and now so we'll see!! Fingers crossed for everyone to hear some good news!!
How did you hear that applications have been less than average inbetween March and now or is that just an assumption? :) My application was delivered today so fingers crossed!!

Jeyosman

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
How did you hear that applications have been less than average inbetween March and now or is that just an assumption? :) My application was delivered today so fingers crossed!!
I don't understand how come you know. Thanks

LalaPixie

Sep 30, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
It was just an observation from the tracking lists!! Sorry I should have been more clear ahh

The early part of this year had a huge number of applicants with there being about 166 in March, but then in April they dropped by about half, with only 80-something applications. 80 seems to be somewhere in the average so this isn't too indicative, but then in the summer it dropped to about only 50-something applicants and this last few months were only 30. Compared to last year the amount of applications never dipped below 70. I know it's probably not completely accurate to the amount of applications for sponsorship that go out in a given month, but I assume it's probably reflective in some manner to the actual volume especially with such a sharp difference.

And yay!! I hope you hear some good news relatively fast!!

Jeyosman

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
It was just an observation from the tracking lists!! Sorry I should have been more clear ahh

The early part of this year had a huge number of applicants with there being about 166 in March, but then in April they dropped by about half, with only 80-something applications. 80 seems to be somewhere in the average so this isn't too indicative, but then in the summer it dropped to about only 50-something applicants and this last few months were only 30. Compared to last year the amount of applications never dipped below 70. I know it's probably not completely accurate to the amount of applications for sponsorship that go out in a given month, but I assume it's probably reflective in some manner to the actual volume especially with such a sharp difference.

reesl

Oct 5, 2020

No problem, just thought you may have some insider knowledge haha

LalaPixie

Sep 30, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
Thanks. How long it is going take to get acknowledgement letter?
Not sure. Average used to be about 16-20 days, but it looks like they just started working through late February/early March again so it might be a few months before any of us get AOR1. I'm hoping early 2021 at the latest with their promise to speed things up...