+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCTOBER 2020 OUTLAND Spousal Sponsorship

codase42

Sep 27, 2020
Hello October 2020 Outland Applicants!

We finished our application package tonight and will be putting it in the mail today. Canadian Citizen (wife) sponsoring US Citizen (me) and two Canadian citizen (application submitted for proof) dependents.

For those posting that their application was received already, I am assuming you are taking the "received" part as delivered to Sydney? I am curious if the clock starts then or if the 12 months average processing time starts once the AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt) is received is the day the clock starts. Anyone have any information on the distinction there?

Glad to finally be in this group. We've been talking about this since 2017!

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Hello October 2020 Outland Applicants!

We finished our application package tonight and will be putting it in the mail today. Canadian Citizen (wife) sponsoring US Citizen (me) and two Canadian citizen (application submitted for proof) dependents.

For those posting that their application was received already, I am assuming you are taking the "received" part as delivered to Sydney? I am curious if the clock starts then or if the 12 months average processing time starts once the AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt) is received is the day the clock starts. Anyone have any information on the distinction there?

Glad to finally be in this group. We've been talking about this since 2017!
It starts when app received at Sydney. That said, ircc has said since beginning pandemic that it cannot process app normally. It really depends which Visa Office u get after Sydney. For example New Delhi VO isnt issuing PPR for people who are done due to shutdown...
London is a crap shoot and Mexico is hopeless. Singapore they also say is terribly slow. Dakar is a hellhole...etc

Reddeer_1

Sep 24, 2020
Submitted my application today after a long and tedious spell of document collection and organization. I hope for the best. Finally, I am in the queue.

Reactions: Austnadian

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hi guys,

I m in the process of arranging the supporting documents. can anyone please tell me whether i need to submit the PA's employment letters and education certificates, even though they are not listed in the checklist?

I already answered in other thread; it doesn't hurt at all rather helps them to match certain columns your applicant filled in Schedule A and so on. I attached wife's few extra certificates. Worst come they can shred those but no adverse effect

Reactions: Mirza41

deepak vemula

Oct 17, 2020
Hello guys,
Hope everybody is doing good

I’m in process of collecting documents for spousal sponsorship.
Is there any what’s app or messenger group for October applicants?
Would be ideal to have one

I have queries about few things
- how many months bank statement is required?
- how long is the current processing time?
- if it is taking way too long are there any other ways to bring her here. Something like study permit?
Are there any chances of speeding up of application process

Thanks,

Mirza41

Jan 17, 2020
I already answered in other thread; it doesn't hurt at all rather helps them to match certain columns your applicant filled in Schedule A and so on. I attached wife's few extra certificates. Worst come they can shred those but no adverse effect
yes its always better to provide extra, Thanks for the reply and i mailed my app yesterday.

Reactions: singleman

deepak vemula

Oct 17, 2020
Hello Guys,

I have a question, I'm a Indian origin Canadian Permanent Resident. My wife is in India. And I'm in process of collecting documents, one of my friends suggested to have back home bank joint account or life insurance coverage for both. Is it really necessary to have it? Currently I'm in Canada my presence is required in India to get these documents?

I'm reach out here for any suggestions please

Thanks

Last edited:

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Hello Guys,

I have a question, I'm a Indian origin Canadian Permanent Resident. My wife is in India. And I'm in process of collecting documents, one of my friends suggested to have back home bank joint account or life insurance coverage for both. Is it really necessary to have it? Currently I'm in Canada my presence is required in India to get these documents?

I'm reach out here for any suggestions please

Thanks
No it's not necessary... Include as much proof of relationship you have stated in the guide. You can always add your wife to any insurance you have here in Canada if you have any.

deepak vemula

Oct 17, 2020
Hello Guys,

Recently
No it's not necessary... Include as much proof of relationship you have stated in the guide. You can always add your wife to any insurance you have here in Canada if you have any.
Thanks a lot for prompt reply DiiDii. Yes I have added her to my canadian insurance plans and also pension plans

Reactions: DiiDii

deepak vemula

Oct 17, 2020
Another question, I visited to India in September 2020 under covid 19 restrictions and I was asked to home quarantine myself for 14 days. But I met my fiance very next day of course with proper care

when asked in the application ": Describe the circumstances of your first meeting."?

Is it okay if I mention the same thing?

If not please provide me with any other suggestions?

RaeK

Oct 19, 2020
Hello everyone - our application was received Oct 6th! I'm expecting 6-8 months before I hear anything. Seems like a lot is happening for the inland folks but the outlanders are progressing very slowly...
Us too! Same date :)

divoojay

Nov 29, 2018
After months of working on the application, finally mailed the package in today! Hopefully, everything is in there and everything goes well! Now, the most tortuous task of waiting begins:) happy to be part of this forum!

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
After months of working on the application, finally mailed the package in today! Hopefully, everything is in there and everything goes well! Now, the most tortuous task of waiting begins:) happy to be part of this forum!
yeah We are all suffering