+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****October 2020 Inland Spousal Sponsorship****

cad0420

Oct 8, 2020
Sign in to the PR Confirmation Portal received today June 26, 2021. Provided the following:
Step 1. In-Canada Declaration.
Step 2. Documents Required:
a. Provide Mailing Address.
b. Upload Photo
My conformation portal email didn’t ask me to upload photo, but ask me to send them the following info:
-Name:
-UCI:
-Email (as set out in this message):
-Original entry date:
-Date of last time you entered Canada:
-Location where you last entered:

What did I miss...

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
My conformation portal email didn’t ask me to upload photo, but ask me to send them the following info:
-Name:
-UCI:
-Email (as set out in this message):
-Original entry date:
-Date of last time you entered Canada:
-Location where you last entered:

What did I miss...

Nothing! The next email from them will contain a temporary password for you to create your PR portal account. There you will upload your photo.

Arctichare

Mar 28, 2021
Did you click the upload document button in your CIC? The next page should suppose to have a list of what documents you need to upload.
I did that before. It says no documents are needed for this application. I managed to speak to the immigration on the phone and after they checked my profile, they said they didn't need anything additional at the moment and that message is basically generic and doesn't mean they'll request for something so that's a relief.

Reactions: Clairenguyen

cad0420

Oct 8, 2020
Nothing! The next email from them will contain a temporary password for you to create your PR portal account. There you will upload your photo.
Thank you! And I got the AIP and SA later in the same day. Also the credentials of the portal in the same day too, for anyone’s reference.

cad0420

Oct 8, 2020
I did that before. It says no documents are needed for this application. I managed to speak to the immigration on the phone and after they checked my profile, they said they didn't need anything additional at the moment and that message is basically generic and doesn't mean they'll request for something so that's a relief.
I guess it’s just a glitch in their system, the same as many of those happen lately . Don’t worry!

bcpnppr000

Oct 20, 2016
Hey, no, they haven't requested any documents yet. I did both medical and the biometrics and all that info was updated on my account, but no news about the additional documents for about a month now. Tried calling them, it's impossible to get connected, but I honestly don't think it would help much talking to an agent. I really hope this doesn't delay the entire process for months longer...
Did you get the sponsorship approved?
Yes i got medical and eligibility approved and also sponsorship approved. I am worried because in my online tools it says that they sent me a corresponce on May 27 but i haven’t receive any. I was trying to call them but its impossible to get connected.

Clairenguyen

Jan 2, 2020
Yep, my representative also told me similarly, it is basically generic, just wait and

Clairenguyen

Jan 2, 2020
Yes i got medical and eligibility approved and also sponsorship approved. I am worried because in my online tools it says that they sent me a corresponce on May 27 but i haven’t receive any. I was trying to call them but its impossible to get connected.
Hi, i linked my application in June xx and later received a message to say a correspondence on that day, so I assumed that why the message pop up. Take ir easy

itspossible9

Feb 17, 2021
After submitting a webform (about OWP Application) today June 30, 2021, I immediately received a Letter from IRCC and they answered my query. Since I have the PR already, OWP will no longer be required and that the file will now be closed. Payment done through credit card will be credited to the same card used and if paid by cash (through Debit Card) a cheque will be issued and mailed to the payee's address. Refund will be in 6 to 8 weeks.
Did you get your refund yet?

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
hey guys, can someone direct me please ..
these are the applicable forms that need to be filled out. But I dont see a form for an open work permit?

As of February 14, 2018, we’ve improved this application package based on your feedback. Revised guides and checklists are now available below. Find out more about what we’ve changed.

Application guide
Checklist
Forms for the sponsor to fill out
For the person being sponsored (principal applicant):

MushroomBB

Jun 9, 2021
hey guys, can someone direct me please ..
these are the applicable forms that need to be filled out. But I dont see a form for an open work permit?

As of February 14, 2018, we’ve improved this application package based on your feedback. Revised guides and checklists are now available below. Find out more about what we’ve changed.

Application guide
Checklist
Forms for the sponsor to fill out
For the person being sponsored (principal applicant):
Just search work permit and select the situation applied to you.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/apply.html

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
I found this .. so after filling out all required forms , Do I need to fill out IMM5710 and send it to Edmonton? or this is the case for those ones who didn't submit open work permit with the initial application and wants to do it later, right?

Can my spouse or partner work in Canada?
If your spouse or common-law partner already has a work permit, they may continue to work as long as the permit is valid.
If your spouse or common-law partner is living in Canada with you and is applying as a member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada class, they can also apply for an open work permit when they apply for permanent residence. They must include a completed Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker form [IMM 5710] (PDF, 484.21KB) and the correct fee, explaining that they are applying for an open work permit.
If your spouse or common-law partner has already submitted an application for permanent residence but hasn’t applied for an open work permit, they can submit a completed IMM 5710 and the correct fee to this address:
  • Case Processing Centre in Edmonton
    Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada
    c/o Work permits for spouses or common-law partners, Station 777
    9700 Jasper Avenue NW, Suite 55
    Edmonton, AB T5J 4C3

MushroomBB

Jun 9, 2021
I found this .. so after filling out all required forms , Do I need to fill out IMM5710 and send it to Edmonton? or this is the case for those ones who didn't submit open work permit with the initial application and wants to do it later, right?

Can my spouse or partner work in Canada?
If your spouse or common-law partner already has a work permit, they may continue to work as long as the permit is valid.
If your spouse or common-law partner is living in Canada with you and is applying as a member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada class, they can also apply for an open work permit when they apply for permanent residence. They must include a completed Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker form [IMM 5710] (PDF, 484.21KB) and the correct fee, explaining that they are applying for an open work permit.
If your spouse or common-law partner has already submitted an application for permanent residence but hasn’t applied for an open work permit, they can submit a completed IMM 5710 and the correct fee to this address:
  • Case Processing Centre in Edmonton
    Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada
    c/o Work permits for spouses or common-law partners, Station 777
    9700 Jasper Avenue NW, Suite 55
    Edmonton, AB T5J 4C3
Are you inland applicant? What is your status in Canada?
Mine is inland and I need to extend my work permit so I fill IMM 5710, the first time I send to Mississauga together with the whole sponsorship package. And then get return because of insufficient processing fee. The second time I send the forms to Edmonton since Mississauga location just accepts OWP with the sponsorship together (not a single OWP application).
However, I get my PR approval but the OWP is still in process. I am thinking can I get a refund.