+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****October 2020 Inland Spousal Sponsorship****

sandy92

May 8, 2018
He
FINALLY....COPR received today June 24, 2021....received application October 14, 2020....Timeline below.
Hey congratulations
May i ask you how was your officer
You can see that on the end of SA or AIP letter in the end with officier Initials
And when did your background check started ?

Reactions: CocoWin16

CocoWin16

Oct 15, 2020
He

Hey congratulations
May i ask you how was your officer
You can see that on the end of SA or AIP letter in the end with officier Initials
And when did your background check started ?
Officer LL

Background Check started on May 28, 2021 when I sent my Biomentrics.

CocoWin16

Oct 15, 2020
Congratulations!!

Did you not apply for an OWP? If I did and get the PR first would I get a refund for that?
I heard and read that they will refund. I'm already happy with the PR....couldn't complain anymore. But the refund will be very nice.

JnYinCANADA

Jun 15, 2021
I’ve got an email from IRCC. That is to request the medical exam with apps number. But still I can’t link the apps to my account of IRCC. Anyone else on the same boat?? What can I do for it? I will try it tomorrow.

kpaxian

Star Member
Sep 13, 2020
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-11-2020
AOR Received.
10-07-2021
Med's Request
20-07-2021
Med's Done....
16-08-2021
Anyone else still waiting for AOR? :(
Yes. I contacted my MP who contacted IRCC and got this:
We can provide you with the following details for your constituent about the status of an application to sponsor a spouse living inside Canada:
  • The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M), Ontario on November 5, 2020.
  • The application is prospective. As soon as the verifications are completed, an acknowledgment of receipt letter will be sent to the applicant including the application number (with the X removed) and their unique client identifier (UCI) number.
  • The initial assessment to ensure the sponsor meets the eligibility criteria is in process.
  • The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if the sponsored person (the applicant) meets the eligibility requirements,
    • the assessment for the applicant is in process.
  • The medical examination results have not been requested for the applicant.
  • The criminality verifications are in process.
  • The security verifications have not been initiated.
  • Due to COVID-19, IRCC is experiencing processing delays and we can’t provide you with accurate processing times for this application. Rest assured that we understand how important this process is for the applicant and are making all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible
The interesting part of this, to me, is that they are apparently processing sponsorship eligibility, applicant eligibility, and criminality. That's interesting because those are substantial parts of the processing work and they are doing them before they've even sent the AOR.

Maybe, for whatever reason, they are now doing substantial work before they send an AOR. This might explain why we're still seeing reasonable processing times despite huge AOR delays. I have no idea why they would do it in this convoluted manner though; I think applicants would be much happier to have an AOR as assurance that their application is complete, as well as important numbers like the (non-prospective) application number and the UCI.

I don't understand IRCC at all.

sandy92

May 8, 2018
Yes. I contacted my MP who contacted IRCC and got this:

The interesting part of this, to me, is that they are apparently processing sponsorship eligibility, applicant eligibility, and criminality. That's interesting because those are substantial parts of the processing work and they are doing them before they've even sent the AOR.

Maybe, for whatever reason, they are now doing substantial work before they send an AOR. This might explain why we're still seeing reasonable processing times despite huge AOR delays. I have no idea why they would do it in this convoluted manner though; I think applicants would be much happier to have an AOR as assurance that their application is complete, as well as important numbers like the (non-prospective) application number and the UCI.

I don't understand IRCC at all.
Hey
How did you contact MP?
And i am in Canada so i have to contact canadian MP?
How can i find my local MP ?