+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>OCTOBER 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

rajesh020285

Mar 12, 2019
@legalfalcon

My kid's passport is expired and is awaiting a new passport which is expected to take at least another 4 weeks due to Covid, today I received a request from IRCC to update the passport details as the one on file is expired, so what would be my correct response to this query, just want to make sure I have the information articulated in the right way to update my situation about the passport.

Following is the email that I received

------------------------------------------
Thank you for your interest in Canada.
We have begun processing your application for permanent residence and in order to make a decision we require the following information/documents:

 Passport/Travel Document: The passport that you have provided is expiring soon or is already expired. We require a passport with a validity of greater than six (6) months in order to assess your application. Please renew your passport, and provide a scanned copy of your new passport. Please submit copy of an updated passport for XXXXXX .
Please note that the requested information/documents must be received within 30 days from the date of this correspondence. Please upload these documents to your MyCIC account.
If we do not receive the information/documents within 7 days, your application will be asses
--------------------------------------
Thanks
Rajesh

requiemforadream

Star Member
Oct 28, 2020
Did you give Biometrics? I see your timeline that BIL is 7 Dec and Bio completed 8 Dec. I'm also FSW-Inland, my Medical already passed on Dec 22 but have not received any BIL
Yes, I have provided my biometrics. That is odd, as what I've heard is usually BIL and Medicals are triggered along the same days. Did you give them a call?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon , When are the travel restrictions expected to be lifted so that IRCC can start issuing PPRs? Any expert opinion..
That is a great questions, and only the federal government has the answer to that.

I don't speculate, but what I can say is not before majority of the population is vaccinated, so expect mid-late summer.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

My kid's passport is expired and is awaiting a new passport which is expected to take at least another 4 weeks due to Covid, today I received a request from IRCC to update the passport details as the one on file is expired, so what would be my correct response to this query, just want to make sure I have the information articulated in the right way to update my situation about the passport.

Following is the email that I received

------------------------------------------
Thank you for your interest in Canada.
We have begun processing your application for permanent residence and in order to make a decision we require the following information/documents:

 Passport/Travel Document: The passport that you have provided is expiring soon or is already expired. We require a passport with a validity of greater than six (6) months in order to assess your application. Please renew your passport, and provide a scanned copy of your new passport. Please submit copy of an updated passport for XXXXXX .
Please note that the requested information/documents must be received within 30 days from the date of this correspondence. Please upload these documents to your MyCIC account.
If we do not receive the information/documents within 7 days, your application will be asses
--------------------------------------
Thanks
Rajesh
Send a webform and inform that you have requested for the passport to be renewed and will take longer than expected, so this time line be extended. If you have any documents showing that you have applied for renewed, you can include that too.

The 30 days is usually the time frame given, but the last 2 statements are self contradictory.

As long a you inform and ask for an extension, you will be fine.

shank15

Mar 3, 2020
That is a great questions, and only the federal government has the answer to that.

I don't speculate, but what I can say is not before majority of the population is vaccinated, so expect mid-late summer.
Hopefully, it's before winter... Don't want to go job hunting in the snow.

Reactions: CarlCoco

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I have sent a webform a month ago to know my application status at London LVO.

This was their reply.

"Your application is currently awaiting further review. "

Kindly guide me what is this meant dear

@legalfalcon
Mostl likely your eligibility has been assessed and awaiting further review by an officer.

See #4,004

baryonix

May 21, 2019
Yes, I have provided my biometrics. That is odd, as what I've heard is usually BIL and Medicals are triggered along the same days. Did you give them a call?
Yeah I called them and they said just stay put. But my Eligibility has passed, Criminality in Progress, Security not Started. That's all I know

I just thought because I already gave my bio within 10 years (for Study Permit), they dont want it again due to the new exemption

Tayo01

Aug 21, 2019
Can anyone please tell me if I can call IRCC for update outside Canada? Also, any Oct AOR from South Africa?

Tayo01

Aug 21, 2019
Yes, you can using the TextNow app. Is your VO Pretoria?
please explain how the TextNow app works. I don’t know my VO. I raised a webform but there was no response. I am becoming anxious about this whole process even though it is not 6 months yet. It’s quite distracting.

NewUser-18-Feb-2021

Feb 18, 2021
Hi, I uploaded Schedule A document based on the request and after a week, the status changed to "Review of additional documents - Not applicable". Is this an issue?

îleless

Jan 23, 2021
please explain how the TextNow app works. I don’t know my VO. I raised a webform but there was no response. I am becoming anxious about this whole process even though it is not 6 months yet. It’s quite distracting.
It's quite easy to use if you download the actual app and not the copycat ones. You'll know you have the right one when you are not being asked to pay for a subscription. You'll just have to pick a canadian number and make the call. However, if your VO is actually Pretoria, you might not get much information from them. I was told I couldn't get a status update because my file was being processed outside Canada (Pretoria) but it could be well different for you. So do try calling them to get an update and let us know how it goes!

blackknight12

Star Member
Aug 4, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-10-2020
Hi Guys, anyone from Oct 2020 applicants had their Background Check status changed from IP1 (Your application is in progress, we will send you a message when we start) to IP2 (we are processing your background check) in the last 3 months since 15 Dec? I am stuck on IP1 since 5 Jan, VO: London, UK @Rémi Beauséjours @wallp92 @grace1057 @datguytomi ??

Last edited:

stefi2020

Nov 23, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Aor October 10th 2020
Doc's Request.
Rcmp
AOR Received.
October 10th 2020
Med's Request
November 20th 2020
Hi Guys, anyone from Oct 2020 applicants had their Background Check status from IP1 (Your application is in progress, we will send you a message when we start) to IP2 (we are processing your background check) in the last 3 months since 15 Dec? I am stuck on IP1 since 5 Jan, VO: London, UK @Rémi Beauséjours @wallp92 @grace1057 @datguytomi ??
Hi,

Mine changed end of november to "we are processing..." but nothing changed since then....