Aor October 10th 2020
Doc's Request.
Rcmp
AOR Received.
October 10th 2020
Med's Request
November 20th 2020
@stefi2020

IF your PR application is being processed, you can apply for BOWP, extend your WP. There is nothing that forbids you from that .
Thank you but I read that if I apply with the new pathway (which I am entitled to), there is no BOWP available. @legalfalcon

Reactions: upon

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

stefi2020

Nov 23, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Aor October 10th 2020
Doc's Request.
Rcmp
AOR Received.
October 10th 2020
Med's Request
November 20th 2020
@legalfalcon My AOR is october 10th. Found out that my file is review required since march 9th as per GCMS notes (mid-april) (Government letter of reference doesn't shos duties- other information are provided such as title TEACHER). I knew it might be a issue and provided from the beginning 36 payslips, employment letter, Canadian certificate to teach...

My CRS score then dropped and look like I no longer meet the cut off. As soon as I found out, I sent webform with LOE (april).

I called IRCC last monday, looks like it is still review required, no decisions made (of rejection).

Please help, do you think it might be rejected? With the new pathway my NOC (teacher) and French is among the list of jobs.

- new program ends november.
- eligible for BOWP in december
- Current EE file is review required.

Not sure what to do? wait?.....

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
The issue is if your WP is expiring, and a decision on your TR to PR application is not made, then you will be out of status.

What the tweet says is that you cannot apply for BOPW, if you only applied under TR to PR, and not under EE. If you have filed an EE application you are eligible for BOWP.

One of the prerequisites for BOWP is that you should have applied for one of the following:

EE
PNP
Home Child-Care Provider Pilot or Home Support Worker Pilot
Home Child-Care Provider Pilot or Home Support Worker Pilot; or
Agri-Food Pilot

And your application should have crossed R10.

Given that EE and TR to Pr are separate pathways, applying under TR tp PR does not make you eligible for BOWP, but you have to be in status by renewing your WP or applying under a public policy, for eg. policy that allows eligible PGWP holders and former PGWP holders, including those who changed their status to visitor or fell out of status, to apply from inside Canada for an open work permit for a period of up to 18 months or until the expiry of the applicant’s passport, whichever is shorter).

Since you posted in the thread for EE Oct 2020, I was under the impression that you have applied for EE and thus your are eligible for BOWP. But if you have not applied for EE and only applied under TR to PR, then you cannot apply for BOWP, and you will have to renew your WP or extend it and be in status.

In conclusion, If you only applied for TR to PR pathway, then you cannot apply for BOPW.
If you have applied for EE, then you are eligible for BOWP, even if you applied for EE and TR to PR. The application for TR to PR does not grant you a right to apply for BOWP, bit it neither bars you from applying if you have applied under EE also.

see the requirements for BOWP:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html

Hope this clears the confusion.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon My AOR is october 10th. Found out that my file is review required since march 9th as per GCMS notes (mid-april) (Government letter of reference doesn't shos duties- other information are provided such as title TEACHER). I knew it might be a issue and provided from the beginning 36 payslips, employment letter, Canadian certificate to teach...

My CRS score then dropped and look like I no longer meet the cut off. As soon as I found out, I sent webform with LOE (april).

I called IRCC last monday, looks like it is still review required, no decisions made (of rejection).

Please help, do you think it might be rejected? With the new pathway my NOC (teacher) and French is among the list of jobs.

- new program ends november.
- eligible for BOWP in december
- Current EE file is review required.

Not sure what to do? wait?.....
You have to provide job duties. If your work reference does not show job duties, you can ask a colleague (former or current) to provide them on a white piece of paper. The pre-requsites of a work reference that include the following have to be met:

a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
  • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
  • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits

stefi2020

Nov 23, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Aor October 10th 2020
Doc's Request.
Rcmp
AOR Received.
October 10th 2020
Med's Request
November 20th 2020
The issue is if your WP is expiring, and a decision on your TR to PR application is not made, then you will be out of status.

What the tweet says is that you cannot apply for BOPW, if you only applied under TR to PR, and not under EE. If you have filed an EE application you are eligible for BOWP.

One of the prerequisites for BOWP is that you should have applied for one of the following:

EE
PNP
Home Child-Care Provider Pilot or Home Support Worker Pilot
Home Child-Care Provider Pilot or Home Support Worker Pilot; or
Agri-Food Pilot

And your application should have crossed R10.

Given that EE and TR to Pr are separate pathways, applying under TR tp PR does not make you eligible for BOWP, but you have to be in status by renewing your WP or applying under a public policy, for eg. policy that allows eligible PGWP holders and former PGWP holders, including those who changed their status to visitor or fell out of status, to apply from inside Canada for an open work permit for a period of up to 18 months or until the expiry of the applicant’s passport, whichever is shorter).

Since you posted in the thread for EE Oct 2020, I was under the impression that you have applied for EE and thus your are eligible for BOWP. But if you have not applied for EE and only applied under TR to PR, then you cannot apply for BOWP, and you will have to renew your WP or extend it and be in status.

In conclusion, If you only applied for TR to PR pathway, then you cannot apply for BOPW.
If you have applied for EE, then you are eligible for BOWP, even if you applied for EE and TR to PR. The application for TR to PR does not grant you a right to apply for BOWP, bit it neither bars you from applying if you have applied under EE also.

see the requirements for BOWP:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html

Hope this clears the confusion.
Yes I did apply under express entry, received aor October 10th. I can apply for bowp under express entry but I am thinking of applying with the new pathway. You re saying I can still apply for bowp if ircc did not make a decision on my express entry file (which is now review required)?. Thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Yes I did apply under express entry, received aor October 10th. I can apply for bowp under express entry but I am thinking of applying with the new pathway. You re saying I can still apply for bowp if ircc did not make a decision on my express entry file (which is now review required)?. Thanks
Yes. Only if you apply for TR to PR alone and not EE then you are. It eligible for BOWP. Since you applied for EE, you are eligible for BOWP

Reactions: stefi2020

stefi2020

Nov 23, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Aor October 10th 2020
Doc's Request.
Rcmp
AOR Received.
October 10th 2020
Med's Request
November 20th 2020
Yes. Only if you apply for TR to PR alone and not EE then you are. It eligible for BOWP. Since you applied for EE, you are eligible for BOWP
Thank you!!!