+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Glacier

Star Member
Jan 13, 2020
Hi everyone! News just came out that the border will be opening for family members and spouses to get into Canada. I was originally waiting on my CoPR so I could cross but now I can get in without it. The only issue I have is that I do not have a driver's license. I cannot fly in by plane because I have just a few too many belongings that I would not be able to fit on a plane, therefore I have to cross by land. My husband usually crosses into the states and we meet halfway, however, with the border being closed I'm not sure they will let him into the States to pick me up. Can anyone think of a way that I can cross by land without having a license and without knowing someone else who can cross in with me?
Sorry but as per my understanding States borders are yet not to be open till June 21,2020 and after that also I believe they are going to observe because states is epicenter for COVID.

Shanda4432

Oct 13, 2019
I may just have to go in by plane and leave a bunch of my stuff behind and come back for it later. Thank you for responding :)

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
I may just have to go in by plane and leave a bunch of my stuff behind and come back for it later. Thank you for responding :)
I know you didn't use the word but you can't "move" to Canada, as in bringing all your posessions, only after you get COPR can you bring all your stuff, you can come to be reunited with your spouse and stay as a visitor. One idea for you to follow up on, contact CBSA and see if you can walk across the border and your spouse could meet you on the other side. I don't know if it would work though.

Reactions: Shanda4432

Shanda4432

Oct 13, 2019
I know you didn't use the word but you can't "move" to Canada, as in bringing all your posessions, only after you get COPR can you bring all your stuff, you can come to be reunited with your spouse and stay as a visitor. One idea for you to follow up on, contact CBSA and see if you can walk across the border and your spouse could meet you on the other side. I don't know if it would work though.
Oh I know :) Almost all of my belongings are already in Canada. I just brought a tiny bit at a time every time I visited. I still have some big stuff like my desk and tv back home but I'm not bringing it with me. I'm actually in a kind of awkward situation. I was coming back home for a couple months while I waited on my decision made so I could go back across and apply for a visitors visa. I decided to visit my cousin first in Tennessee (I live in Michigan). All of a sudden covid-19 got serious and everywhere was in quarantine so I've been here ever since! So now I have a bit more than usual of luggage (several books, a few pairs of shoes, my switch, a couple water bottles, and a few other small items). None of the items I'm bringing back are large or furniture or anything like that. Just small items. However, I have just enough of them that I would need at least 3 or 4 bags. Maybe only 2 if they were large suitcases, but I have 1 suitcase and 2 carry-on size bags. Those were filled before I got the books while I was here. So I am assuming I would need a 4th bag or to buy a new suitcase. This is why I would prefer not to fly, as the cost of check-ins would quickly add up and I didn't want to have to mail all my extra items to my home in MI just to get them again later.

And I will for sure call and ask about walking across. I know you can in Niagra but I would be crossing from Michigan. Unsure if there is anywhere around there that I can cross as all the crossings in MI are by bridge and I'm not sure they have legal crossing by walking.

Last edited:

Shanda4432

Oct 13, 2019
Now its time to count down !! I hope New delhi visa office Will throw out all PR apps with DECISION MADE !!
wish you all the very best guys!!
I'm hoping this means that everything will start moving a little bit back to normal, or at least enough where they start sending out decision made and CoPR's again. I got decision made back in march and I'm just waiting on a CoPR. Would be great to have that so I don't have to cross the border twice!

Reactions: Mariaont5119

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Oh I know :) Almost all of my belongings are already in Canada. I just brought a tiny bit at a time every time I visited. I still have some big stuff like my desk and tv back home but I'm not bringing it with me. I'm actually in a kind of awkward situation. I was coming back home for a couple months while I waited on my decision made so I could go back across and apply for a visitors visa. I decided to visit my cousin first in Tennessee (I live in Michigan). All of a sudden covid-19 got serious and everywhere was in quarantine so I've been here ever since! So now I have a bit more than usual of luggage (several books, a few pairs of shoes, my switch, a couple water bottles, and a few other small items). None of the items I'm bringing back are large or furniture or anything like that. Just small items. However, I have just enough of them that I would need at least 3 or 4 bags. Maybe only 2 if they were large suitcases, but I have 1 suitcase and 2 carry-on size bags. Those were filled before I got the books while I was here. So I am assuming I would need a 4th bag or to buy a new suitcase. This is why I would prefer not to fly, as the cost of check-ins would quickly add up and I didn't want to have to mail all my extra items to my home in MI just to get them again later.

And I will for sure call and ask about walking across. I know you can in Niagra but I would be crossing from Michigan. Unsure if there is anywhere around there that I can cross as all the crossings in MI are by bridge and I'm not sure they have legal crossing by walking.
There are some ferries that will take pedestrians and buses and trains that cross. Don't know how practical now.

Reactions: Shanda4432

lchazl

Star Member
Jan 31, 2018
Originally outland applicant but then moved to Canada and let them know (on visitor visa, husband a citizen). Got an email with request for passport and sent to Ottawa. Got all the docs back today with one extra paper saying:

Please note that we are returning your original documents without a Confirmation of Permanent Residence or permanent resident visa being issued. We want to assure you that this does not affect the decision of your application.

then more to do about Covid etc etc.

Has anyone else gotten then? No reasons given....

Pranav123

Star Member
Jan 10, 2020
Originally outland applicant but then moved to Canada and let them know (on visitor visa, husband a citizen). Got an email with request for passport and sent to Ottawa. Got all the docs back today with one extra paper saying:

Please note that we are returning your original documents without a Confirmation of Permanent Residence or permanent resident visa being issued. We want to assure you that this does not affect the decision of your application.

then more to do about Covid etc etc.

Has anyone else gotten then? No reasons given....
What that means ? Your file has moved from NDVO to Canada ?