+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

ragam.19

Sep 11, 2019
Hi! I have a couple of questions.
I'm sponsoring my husband and the last update we received was an invitation for pre-arrival services on March 3rd.
His medical - pass, biometric - done. We're waiting for CoPR (I don't know if there's anything else before that)

1st question - Can I apply for my husband to come on a vistor's visa while waiting for the CoPR? He's currently unemployed so he doesn't have a real reason to go back other than his family. Of course, we understand that if he got his CoPR he would need to re-enter the country.

2nd question - what is ecas and is it different then GCKeys?
2a) I tried to apply for 'ghost notes'/ GCMS notes but i'm a little confused. Is this only provided if there is an issue with one of the checks or if they notify for additional documents? Also when i tried to apply its asking for a file number - is that the same as application number?

Reactions: Yasminakb

Yasminakb

Star Member
Nov 5, 2019
Of course anything is possible, but FAR more likely is that it's sitting in a pile or a mail room waiting for somebody to get to it - at a time when the immigration offices are mostly closed or working only on urgent matters - AND the person responding either did not have access or did not see or know the code saying it was received.

You can order GCMS notes. There will be multiple entries (that are hard to understand) about the file's movements and registration in various locations, 'inventory', etc.

Also almost everything is scanned and filed digitally (in parallel with the physical copies). So if you received the AOR (the first one) and notice it was being transferred, your application has not just 'disappeared.'

In short, relax. It's most likely covid related delays.
Thanks alot for your explanation! :D Yes we’re ordering the notes today actually. Have you ordered them before with the new template?
As the sections are confusing.
Section 1: individual in Canada
Section 2: applicant being me but no “relationship to applicant” is indicated
So who’s info do I fill in section 2.1?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks alot for your explanation! :D Yes we’re ordering the notes today actually. Have you ordered them before with the new template?
As the sections are confusing.
Section 1: individual in Canada
Section 2: applicant being me but no “relationship to applicant” is indicated
So who’s info do I fill in section 2.1?
Sorry, don't understand your questions. THere is a GCMS thread, perhaps someone there will know. (I also don't know what you mean by 'new' template (when did it change?).

Mannkaur2591

Star Member
May 30, 2020
App. Received- 15 Oct. 2019
No AOR 1
SA-17 Nov. 2019
BR-27 Nov. 2019
MR-29 Nov.2019
Medical done on 10 dec
file transfer to NDVO 9 DEC. 2019
Medical passed on 24 DEC. 2019,
File status in GCMS notes. INVENTORY
till now no updates.
Do you get any update i means is ur status changed Or not because my profile is similar to yours...

Mannkaur2591

Star Member
May 30, 2020
still no update,file 62 prcnt completed,4 monthes left. dont know when NDVO will start work? whats your update.
Same as yours my last status changed in 8jan2020 from INPROCESS to APPLICATION RECEIVED... And only 4months are left because they receive my file on 30sept2019...

Anne16

Star Member
Oct 13, 2016
Philippine
Category........
FAM
Hi

Any updates? Is the CIC work back as normal? Hoping that we can receive our COPR as soon as possible. We only have 4 more months. By the way, is anyone receive an update DECISION MADE?

Thanks

Reactions: wbenamara