Anne16

Star Member
Oct 13, 2016
Philippine
Category........
FAM
Hi,

Good day,

We're interested in submitting GCMS note. Because since February 6, we did not receive any update on our application. My husband as my sponsor from Canada will submit it, does it need my signature? Or just his?

Thanks,

Anne

Reactions: wbenamara

wbenamara

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019
Hi,

Good day,

We're interested in submitting GCMS note. Because since February 6, we did not receive any update on our application. My husband as my sponsor from Canada will submit it, does it need my signature? Or just his?

Thanks,

Anne
both of u.sign it with blue pen,scan it. and send it back to him.I sent it but they told me until workers go back to work.still waiting more than 2months

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
both of u.sign it with blue pen,scan it. and send it back to him.I sent it but they told me until workers go back to work.still waiting more than 2months
Correct, everyone needs to sign it. In fact during COVID-19 electronic signatures will be accepted as well but you must then provide a copy of govt, ID. It takes about 30 days to get the file back but it can take longer. If IRCC needs more time to process the request they will notify you via email in the first 30 days.

wbenamara

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019
Correct, everyone needs to sign it. In fact during COVID-19 electronic signatures will be accepted as well but you must then provide a copy of govt, ID. It takes about 30 days to get the file back but it can take longer. If IRCC needs more time to process the request they will notify you via email in the first 30 days.
yes.they sent me this email
We are confirming that we have received the requested information.

We acknowledge that your request is now overdue. According to our records, your request was due on April 20, 2020. The delay is due to the fact that we are awaiting records from overseas.

Due to the current situation with Covid-19, most employees in offices overseas have been instructed to return to Canada. As a result, our office will not be able to retrieve the record until those employees have physically returned to work.

The information will be forwarded to you as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this situation may cause.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
yes.they sent me this email

We acknowledge that your request is now overdue. According to our records, your request was due on April 20, 2020. The delay is due to the fact that we are awaiting records from overseas.

Due to the current situation with Covid-19, most employees in offices overseas have been instructed to return to Canada. As a result, our office will not be able to retrieve the record until those employees have physically returned to work.

The information will be forwarded to you as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this situation may cause.
You must have also applied for the "supporting documents..."? Since such documents are held at overseas offices. GCMS notes are accessed within Canada.

wbenamara

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019
You must have also applied for the "supporting documents..."? Since such documents are held at overseas offices. GCMS notes are accessed within Canada.
I applied for Gcms note.but in march when I applied.they asked me to sign it with blue pen and send it again.after a month I sent them email to see if they reçeived it.and they send me this email

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
I applied for Gcms note.but in march when I applied.they asked me to sign it with blue pen and send it again.after a month I sent them email to see if they reçeived it.and they send me this email
CIC is picky about signatures but did you request "The electronic notes of the immigration or citizenship officer(s)" OR "he application, supporting documents and correspondences sent to and/or from IRCC" it looks like you requested the latter which is why CIC would mention overseas in the email. The latter are not GCMS notes but copies of documents submitted with your visa application.

wbenamara

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019
CIC is picky about signatures but did you request "The electronic notes of the immigration or citizenship officer(s)" OR "he application, supporting documents and correspondences sent to and/or from IRCC" it looks like you requested the latter which is why CIC would mention overseas in the email. The latter are not GCMS notes but copies of documents submitted with your visa application.
[/QUOTE]
this is 1st email
We are writing to inform you that we require further information in order to continue processing your request. Your request is being placed on hold for the following reason(s):

The consent provided is not valid because:
- It does not indicate to whom authority is given.
- Section 1 is blank.
- It appears to have been tampered with.
Therefore, a new consent containing the handwritten signature of your client is required in order for us to process your request.

For your convenience, here is the ATIP consent form: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5744.asp
TIP Officer
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

PLEASE QUOTE OUR FILE NUMBER IN ANY FOLLOWING CORRESPONDENCE

IRCC adheres to the “10 Principles for Assisting Applicants,” which are listed on the following website: www.cic.gc.ca/dutytoassist

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
this is 1st email
We are writing to inform you that we require further information in order to continue processing your request. Your request is being placed on hold for the following reason(s):

- Section 1 is blank.
Therefore, a new consent containing the handwritten signature of your client is required in order for us to process your request.

For your convenience, here is the ATIP consent form: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5744.asp
TIP Officer

IRCC adheres to the “10 Principles for Assisting Applicants,” which are listed on the following website: www.cic.gc.ca/dutytoassist
[/QUOTE]

Thanks. The tampering part is a fairly common issue, often happens when clients copy/paste images of signatures into the form. What did the beginning of the email look like or was it just like you have mentioned?

Emails generally start like this

Dear xxxx:

This is further to your request under the Access To Information Act*, which was received on xxxx, for the following records:

The electronic notes of the immigration or citizenship officer(s) for the xxxx file concerning xxxx.

or

Dear xxxx:

This is further to your request under the Access To Information Act*, which was received on xxxx, for the following records:

The application, supporting documents and correspondences sent to and/or from IRCC for the xxxx file concerning xxxx

wbenamara

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019
this is 1st email

- Section 1 is blank.

TIP Officer

Thanks. The tampering part is a fairly common issue, often happens when clients copy/paste images of signatures into the form. What did the beginning of the email look like or was it just like you have mentioned?

Dear xxxx:

The electronic notes of the immigration or citizenship officer(s) for the xxxx file concerning xxxx.

or

Dear xxxx:

The application, supporting documents and correspondences sent to and/or from IRCC for the xxxx file concerning xxxx
[/QUOTE]
This is further to your request under the Access To Information Act*, which was received on March 6, 2020, for the following records:

The application, supporting documents and correspondences sent to and/or from IRCC for the family class immigration file concerning ........

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY

Dear xxxx:

or

Dear xxxx:

This is further to your request under the Access To Information Act*, which was received on March 6, 2020, for the following records:

The application, supporting documents and correspondences sent to and/or from IRCC for the family class immigration file concerning ........

[/QUOTE]

Thanks. This tells me the request is NOT for the GCMS file but for copies of documents that were part of your application. If that's what you wanted then all is good.

wbenamara

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019

Dear xxxx:

or

Dear xxxx:

[/QUOTE]
and 2nd email starts with
Thank you for contacting the Access to Information and Privacy Office.

Canadacanadavisa

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
2021-06-14
AOR Received.
2021-11-09
VISA ISSUED...
18-02-2022
Hi guys ! We would like to know when can we really raise a webform about our application status ? I’ve seen posts where some people raised a webform after less than 12 months , even after less than half of the processing time. However, on the IRCC website, it says they won’t answer us if we raise a webform before the normal processing time (12 months). We have 4 months left (so 8 months done). Thanks !

Shanda4432

Oct 13, 2019
Hi everyone! News just came out that the border will be opening for family members and spouses to get into Canada. I was originally waiting on my CoPR so I could cross but now I can get in without it. The only issue I have is that I do not have a driver's license. I cannot fly in by plane because I have just a few too many belongings that I would not be able to fit on a plane, therefore I have to cross by land. My husband usually crosses into the states and we meet halfway, however, with the border being closed I'm not sure they will let him into the States to pick me up. Can anyone think of a way that I can cross by land without having a license and without knowing someone else who can cross in with me?