Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Hi october 23rd applicant.Got SA and request for additional proof of relationship a month ago.Just received bothAIP and COPR today .Thanks all of you for being there and helping whenever necessary.Happy thanksgiving
FINALLY! That's awesome, congratulations! :D

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Hi guys!
I am an October applicant from Toronto, my medical results were received in the beginning of March, and that was the last thing I heard from IRCC. Do you think I should get worried since I still haven’t heard anything? Reading this thread, it just seems like everyone who applied in October 2019, have already received something, at least...
Thank you for the answers in advance and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
I wouldn't be worried, but if you want to submit a Webform or try to call and get a status update, that might put you at ease.

I'm guessing you're at about the 12-month mark right now. That's within normal processing times, but I totally understand how easy it is to compare your timeline against others, even though all applications move at a different pace. Good luck!

nf_sedaghat

Feb 22, 2020
Hi guys!
I am an October applicant from Toronto, my medical results were received in the beginning of March, and that was the last thing I heard from IRCC. Do you think I should get worried since I still haven’t heard anything? Reading this thread, it just seems like everyone who applied in October 2019, have already received something, at least...
Thank you for the answers in advance and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Hi,
I am Oct 30th applicant here and have not heard back from early August when I sent FBI clearance. At the end of September I asked for GCMs note and have not yet heard back for it as well.
You are not alone. :)

mosiahfine

Oct 10, 2019
Hello
I got SA and AIP recently but with a request to submit a Cuba original contract which would facilitate a background check which we submitted on Friday. Does anyone know if they would still like request other documents or something else like more proof after already sending SA and AIP or whatever they needed to continue thats where they would have asked?

Last edited:

saitesovsri

Sep 4, 2019
Hello
I got SA and AIP recently but with a request to submit a Cuba original contract which would facilitate a background check which we submitted on Friday. Does anyone know if they would still like request other documents or something else like more proof after already sending SA and AIP or whatever they needed to continue thats where they would have asked?
Since you have received SA and AIP that means, the sponsor met all the eligibility requirements as well as the applicant. AIP proves that the applicant is ready to become a permanent resident and have met all the necessary requirements including relationship and cohabitation requirement. The final decision is usually withheld until the following requirements are met:
  • Background
  • Security
  • Medicals
Police clearance is part of the background check and falls in the "Criminality Check" category. As soon as it's done, I believe a final decision will be made assuming medicals and security is completed.

If they needed more proof of relationship or cohabitation they would have asked before issuing AIP. At this point they won't ask you additional documents related to the aforementioned pointers, but they can ask you documents related to Background Check if needed.

I am on the same boat.

Reactions: mosiahfine

mosiahfine

Oct 10, 2019
Since you have received SA and AIP that means, the sponsor met all the eligibility requirements as well as the applicant. AIP proves that the applicant is ready to become a permanent resident and have met all the necessary requirements including relationship and cohabitation requirement. The final decision is usually withheld until the following requirements are met:
  • Background
  • Security
  • Medicals
Police clearance is part of the background check and falls in the "Criminality Check" category. As soon as it's done, I believe a final decision will be made assuming medicals and security is completed.

If they needed more proof of relationship or cohabitation they would have asked before issuing AIP. At this point they won't ask you additional documents related to the aforementioned pointers, but they can ask you documents related to Background Check if needed.

I am on the same boat.
out of curiousity are you still waiting on your documents to submit to IRCC or have you already submitted your infomation and waiting if so how long have you been waiting since submission

saitesovsri

Sep 4, 2019
out of curiousity are you still waiting on your documents to submit to IRCC or have you already submitted your infomation and waiting if so how long have you been waiting since submission
I received the request for a police clearance certificate on September 08 same day I received AIP and SA. Submitted the file through WebForm on September 23. IRCC acknowledged the receipt of the file on October 02. No update yet.

Yoshida25

Jul 14, 2020
I have applied for SIN online, and am waiting for it to come. I am definitely using it to expand my banking portfolio and I already know which credit card I want to apply for, LOL!

Also got my health insurance with my COPR letter, hooray! That was a long wait since I never did get that OWP. :mad:
Same thing as you happened to me. I never got the OWP ( was definitely in status when I applied) they just never worked on it and I simply got approved for PR, which I definitely prefer. I'm interested in applying for a refund, do you think that's even feasible? I could always use that $255. Any advice on how I should go about asking for a refund since they never processed the OWP application?

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Same thing as you happened to me. I never got the OWP ( was definitely in status when I applied) they just never worked on it and I simply got approved for PR, which I definitely prefer. I'm interested in applying for a refund, do you think that's even feasible? I could always use that $255. Any advice on how I should go about asking for a refund since they never processed the OWP application?
You can request to cancel an application via Webform: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=741&top=23

I am going to cancel my OWP application as soon as I receive my SIN (applied online 9/28). Don't know if we'll get any kind of refund, but I figure it's worth a try. As far as I can tell, except for answering a couple of Webfoms I submitted inquiring on it's status, they did nothing with it.

Reactions: Yoshida25

Alex1985

Oct 13, 2020
Hi October 20th-2019 applicant,Friday received SA,request for additional proof of relationship since COVID-19 we moved to our family house and we dont have lease or bills under our name except cell phones bills,pay stubs,cheque joint bank account and car registration insurance ID photo a bunch of pictures with our family that’s will be enough guys?

Golden_islandgal

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
Hi October 20th-2019 applicant,Friday received SA,request for additional proof of relationship since COVID-19 we moved to our family house and we dont have lease or bills under our name except cell phones bills,pay stubs,cheque joint bank account and car registration insurance ID photo a bunch of pictures with our family that’s will be enough guys?
Got the same request and based on other pesons post who received similar requests i suggest you submit as much as you that proves your relationship. You could also include life insurance, whatsapp, text messages, call logs, Google location history, uber.....anything that shows you reside together

Deb214

Star Member
Aug 25, 2020
Got the same request and based on other pesons post who received similar requests i suggest you submit as much as you that proves your relationship. You could also include life insurance, whatsapp, text messages, call logs, Google location history, uber.....anything that shows you reside together
Hey did you hear back?

CynthiaL

Sep 14, 2020
Hi All, I got Copr last week. Do we need to mail an empty return envelope for Immigration office to send our PR? I am currently visiting my family in another province for one month, can I ask them to mail my PR here rather than my address in Toronto? Can anyone also tell me if I have to apply for OHIP and Sin Number in person? Can I do it online with COPR? Thanks a lot.

Reactions: mosiahfine

mosiahfine

Oct 10, 2019
Hi All, I got Copr last week. Do we need to mail an empty return envelope for Immigration office to send our PR? I am currently visiting my family in another province for one month, can I ask them to mail my PR here rather than my address in Toronto? Can anyone also tell me if I have to apply for OHIP and Sin Number in person? Can I do it online with COPR? Thanks a lot.
thats funny but good question. IRCC will only mail out with the correct IRCC envelops. and they would only mail it to the address on your file. how ever you can go to you local post office where you are and signup to have yourmail transferd to that new address. the onus would be on you to meet the requirement the post office would need to have your mail redirected