File Transfer...
12/2020
Med's Request
11/2020
Med's Done....
12/2020
Passport Req..
27-08-2020
You are Inland application? Asking because usually only Outland applicants have a PPR (passport request). If you are Outland, you might find someone with a similar situation in one of those threads.

If Inland, what this in response to a letter requesting additional proof of relationship and cohabitation, usually coming in conjunction with SA?
So when I first applied I was outland and lived in Indiana USA and then we moved to BC Canada in July so then I think I turned into inland. My case is in New York but because I am in Canada I had to send passport copies to Ottawa. I guess this is probably a very unique situation. Maybe I will check the inland forums and see if I can find anything. Thank you.

cjchurch

Jun 12, 2020
Visa Office......
New York
File Transfer...
12/2020
Med's Request
11/2020
Med's Done....
12/2020
Passport Req..
27-08-2020
Can you copy and paste the letter here (of course without your personal information)?
Yes it says

Good Day,
The following is in reference to your app for PR.
Please note we are returning your original documents without COPR or a permanent resident visa being issues. We want to assure you that this does not affect the decision of your application. A visa office will contact you with info on confirming your status as a PR. Visit our website to to get up to date info on COVID-19.

That is what the note said.

Sprotte

Aug 30, 2020
I don’t know if people have ever landed in Canada without seeing an officer in person.

Looks like I can change that? haha

We used a representative, it updated early September that a decision was made, and on the 18th my profile (on the "check the status of your application" page since I don't have access to the GCKey, but only our rep) it said this (above).

I'd be curious to hear/see what it looked like for other applicants who "recently"(ish) received their CoPR. I've read about some people on Facebook who got their CoPR but weren't able to activate it, since flagpoles are currently prohibited?

Is this what it always looks like, or did they really just skipped the landing and activated my PR without me actually .. having to show up anywhere, sign anything,..? lol This feels so odd compared with what everyone always talks about..

In the GC Key it looks like this (screenshot comes from the representative):

But so far we haven't received any email/mail/call/whatevers. Is the Document Number (starting with T, then a bunch of numbers) the final thing / the # of my CoPR, that I can use to apply for perm. SIN? *much confuse*

cjchurch

Jun 12, 2020
Visa Office......
New York
File Transfer...
12/2020
Med's Request
11/2020
Med's Done....
12/2020
Passport Req..
27-08-2020
I got it on the 18th. Glad I am not the only one. Kind of seems like that have stopped in person landing.

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
So when I first applied I was outland and lived in Indiana USA and then we moved to BC Canada in July so then I think I turned into inland. My case is in New York but because I am in Canada I had to send passport copies to Ottawa. I guess this is probably a very unique situation. Maybe I will check the inland forums and see if I can find anything. Thank you.
Unless you specifically resubmitted another application when you moved to BC, you're probably still processing as an Outland app (my guess). The requirements for Inland vs. Outland apps are different, and I don't think IRCC will just reclassify an ongoing application, even if you have informed them that you've moved into Canada. Sorry I don't have more answers for you!

Reactions: cjchurch

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Did you submit your proof through your account or the specific inquiry form?
I did mine though my account and then submitted a late piece that I really wanted them to have via Webform since you can only upload once through your account. But I know others did theirs through Webform.

KuroNeko26

Mar 12, 2018
California
Hey through the link (case specific enquiry).. have you submitted yours yet?
Yes I did I submitted it a day after I got my letter (September 2nd) since it was really easy to gather what I needed. It got "officially" received on September 10 via confirmation email but nothing since then.

Stormie

Star Member
Aug 8, 2019

Looks like I can change that? haha

We used a representative, it updated early September that a decision was made, and on the 18th my profile (on the "check the status of your application" page since I don't have access to the GCKey, but only our rep) it said this (above).

I'd be curious to hear/see what it looked like for other applicants who "recently"(ish) received their CoPR. I've read about some people on Facebook who got their CoPR but weren't able to activate it, since flagpoles are currently prohibited?

Is this what it always looks like, or did they really just skipped the landing and activated my PR without me actually .. having to show up anywhere, sign anything,..? lol This feels so odd compared with what everyone always talks about..

In the GC Key it looks like this (screenshot comes from the representative):

But so far we haven't received any email/mail/call/whatevers. Is the Document Number (starting with T, then a bunch of numbers) the final thing / the # of my CoPR, that I can use to apply for perm. SIN? *much confuse*
Hi!
To answer your question:
- You can use your CoPR to apply for your permanent SIN (it says so on service Canada website). I did same (I applied online so I’m still waiting on it being mailed to me)
But the document was accepted.
- secondly, I don’t know anything about “activating” your CoPR. If there were further instructions I believe IRCC would have stated so.
All I did (with regards to IRCC) was send my passport picture and a copy of my CoPR as stated on the letter.
Try not to overthink stuff, these are different times for sure and everyone is adapting. I believe if there Is anything else we need to do, they’ll contact us.
Congratulations on your approval and hope this helps! :)