+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2019 Inland Spousal Sponsorship****

sbkind

Mar 26, 2020
Hi!
- To answer your question: my work permit is still listed as valid on my GCkey. I got my CoPR and DM a few days ago tho so maybe it’s still too early to tell if the work permit will get changed to invalid, but as of now it still says valid.
- I linked my PR card application to my GCkey and it took me less than 5 minutes. Just go through your account > add/link application >put in the necessary information, it’ll find your application and get linked.
Hope this helps! :)
- Quick question for you: what office did you send your photo and CoPR to and do you know how long it’s taking to get the card?
I know it says 100+ days on their website but I just want to know if that’s set in stone.
Thanks for letting me know. I just linked the PR card app to GCKey. I sent the photo to IRCC NHQ in Ottawa. How about you?

sbkind

Mar 26, 2020
Same thing happened to me. I can see the document name in the account but no document linked to it.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think the reason is as follows: The COPR has to be signed by either an officer at an IRCC office (inland) or an officer at the POE (outland). I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think outland applicants actually receive their COPR via mail, take it to the POE, and the moment the document is signed by the officer, you are a PR.

I would assume something similar happens at the moment. Somebody creates the COPR for you (maybe CPC-M), forwards it to the officer to sign off on it (at your local IRCC office), and they will let you know when you're a PR. As we all live in different regions, we probably have different landing offices, that take more or less time to do this final step (In fact, some offices ask for address verification,some call you, some just send the COPR document out right away). Does that make sense? My understanding is that having a COPR does not automatically mean that you are a PR if it hasn't been "signed" yet.

Reactions: roney_usask

roney_usask

Jun 26, 2020
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think the reason is as follows: The COPR has to be signed by either an officer at an IRCC office (inland) or an officer at the POE (outland). I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think outland applicants actually receive their COPR via mail, take it to the POE, and the moment the document is signed by the officer, you are a PR.

I would assume something similar happens at the moment. Somebody creates the COPR for you (maybe CPC-M), forwards it to the officer to sign off on it (at your local IRCC office), and they will let you know when you're a PR. As we all live in different regions, we probably have different landing offices, that take more or less time to do this final step (In fact, some offices ask for address verification,some call you, some just send the COPR document out right away). Does that make sense? My understanding is that having a COPR does not automatically mean that you are a PR if it hasn't been "signed" yet.
That totally make sense. Thanks for your thoughtful explanation. I got an email yesterday asking for reconfirm my address. I have replied back to that email. don't know if I will get my CoPR doc in my mail or email.

Stormie

Star Member
Aug 8, 2019
That totally make sense. Thanks for your thoughtful explanation. I got an email yesterday asking for reconfirm my address. I have replied back to that email. don't know if I will get my CoPR doc in my mail or email.
It could still come to your email.
They probably want your current address so they address/print the CoPR document accurately. Mine included my details and current address.

sbkind

Mar 26, 2020
If they have your email, they will not send you anything via regular mail. You should receive an email soon confirming you are a PR. In the meantime, you could get some photos taken for your PR card (they can't be older than 6 months). You will have to send your COPR document together with a photo to Ottawa.

roney_usask

Jun 26, 2020
If they have your email, they will not send you anything via regular mail. You should receive an email soon confirming you are a PR. In the meantime, you could get some photos taken for your PR card (they can't be older than 6 months). You will have to send your COPR document together with a photo to Ottawa.
Thanks. Do I have to send the original CoPR doc or photocopy? The original CoPR copy might need during citizenship exam/interview

sbkind

Mar 26, 2020
Since it’s just a PDF file, every print out would be a copy. I don’t know if they have already thought of what would happen during citizenship applications or PR renewals, but they will probably have a process in place by the time the first COVID impacted PRs start applying for it ;-) Those are unprecedented times. I don’t know if people have ever landed in Canada without seeing an officer in person.

cjchurch

Jun 12, 2020
Visa Office......
New York
File Transfer...
12/2020
Med's Request
11/2020
Med's Done....
12/2020
Passport Req..
27-08-2020
Can anyone shed any insight? I recieved a letter asking for pictures and copies of passports. I sent them off then a week later i recieve them back without COPR and a letter that states they will contact me and that not reciving COPR and does not effect their decision.

saitesovsri

Sep 4, 2019
Can anyone shed any insight? I recieved a letter asking for pictures and copies of passports. I sent them off then a week later i recieve them back without COPR and a letter that states they will contact me and that not reciving COPR and does not effect their decision.
Can you copy and paste the letter here (of course without your personal information)?

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
You are Inland application? Asking because usually only Outland applicants have a PPR (passport request). If you are Outland, you might find someone with a similar situation in one of those threads.

If Inland, what this in response to a letter requesting additional proof of relationship and cohabitation, usually coming in conjunction with SA?

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
I don’t know if they have already thought of what would happen during citizenship applications or PR renewals, but they will probably have a process in place by the time the first COVID impacted PRs start applying for it ;-)
*insert uncontrollable laughter* :D

RAMAN2633

Oct 6, 2016
Hi, i just got email from Mississauga office that my application has transferred to Etobicoke office. What does it means? I am so worried