+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2019 Inland Spousal Sponsorship****

Deb214

Star Member
Aug 25, 2020
@BB802 & @Deb214, I am at the same point as you both. Received SA and the letter requesting more proof of relationship & cohabitation on September 17th. Uploaded all docs to GC Key that day. It's only been a few days, but I am was hoping I'd hear back this week...maybe early next...but now not so sure after seeing Deb214's dates.

Today we received a piece of mail that has our address on it, and both mine and my husband's name listed as spouses. This is a great piece of proof, so I did upload that separately via Web Form. I don't know if it'll slow the review of my documents down, but I would be remiss if I didn't send that over, too.
The anxiety and anxiousness is killing :(

Deb214

Star Member
Aug 25, 2020
I am in the same boat as well.submitted proof of relationship on 12 th but no response yet.Btwn wondering how did u guys upload the additional proof through gc key.i did thru wenform.thanks
Did mine through webform only..

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
I am in the same boat as well.submitted proof of relationship on 12 th but no response yet.Btwn wondering how did u guys upload the additional proof through gc key.i did thru wenform.thanks
Via GC Key, I uploaded through the underlined link after the first sentence at the top of the webpage:

Check the status, review the details and read messages for your application. View submitted application or upload documents.

When you click on the underlined link there is a chart with the headers: Details, Document Name, Instructions, Options, Required by. Under Details you could upload your file (1 file that must be <4MB). The Required By field is populated until your document is uploaded, then the date goes away.

I also had a request for Additional Information back on March 3, and submitted it that way. I never heard anything back, but since my app. has moved along since then, I'm assuming it was received and accepted.

Last edited:

sbkind

Mar 26, 2020
Good morning,

I just wanted to give you a brief update. Since I have received my COPR, I have

- Applied for OHIP. This is possible with your COPR, one proof of residence document (like utility bill, rental contract, tax documents) and an identity document (passport, driver’s licence...). If you don’t yet have your COPR, you can also use your AIP letter, and they will issue your health card for one year.

- Applied for a permanent SIN number. You can do this online. Make sure you follow the online guide. You will need to upload your COPR together with a corresponding identity or travel document, proof of address, and a document that verifies your identity. Note that technically they ask for both an identity document on its own and an identity document together with your COPR, so I have provided two just in case.

- Sent a photo to IRCC for PR card processing. I will keep you updated on this process.

I have a couple of questions as well: Was anybody successful with linking their PR card application to GCKey or see status updates on ECAS? How long did it take you to do this?

From my understanding, work permits/study permits etc. should be invalid automatically after your status changes to PR. Is this reflected for you guys on GCKey (I.e. are old study/work permits on GCKey still listed as valid or did the status change to invalid)? Just curious!

Congratulations to everybody who’s done with this process and good luck to everybody who is still waiting.

Reactions: PrincessButtercup

Mapl3cat

May 28, 2019
Good morning,

- Applied for OHIP. This is possible with your COPR, one proof of residence document (like utility bill, rental contract, tax documents) and an identity document (passport, driver’s licence...). If you don’t yet have your COPR, you can also use your AIP letter, and they will issue your health card for one year.

- Applied for a permanent SIN number. You can do this online. Make sure you follow the online guide. You will need to upload your COPR together with a corresponding identity or travel document, proof of address, and a document that verifies your identity. Note that technically they ask for both an identity document on its own and an identity document together with your COPR, so I have provided two just in case.

- Sent a photo to IRCC for PR card processing. I will keep you updated on this process.

I have a couple of questions as well: Was anybody successful with linking their PR card application to GCKey or see status updates on ECAS? How long did it take you to do this?

From my understanding, work permits/study permits etc. should be invalid automatically after your status changes to PR. Is this reflected for you guys on GCKey (I.e. are old study/work permits on GCKey still listed as valid or did the status change to invalid)? Just curious!

Congratulations to everybody who’s done with this process and good luck to everybody who is still waiting.
Hey just curious, when you say use your COPR, is it just the number ID that is provided? There is no actual document available in my account.

sbkind

Mar 26, 2020
Hey just curious, when you say use your COPR, is it just the number ID that is provided? There is no actual document available in my account.
Give them a couple of days. They sent a COPR document to me via email AND uploaded it to GCKey. The document was listed on GCKey a couple of hours before it was actually uploaded/sent out.

Mapl3cat

May 28, 2019
Give them a couple of days. They sent a COPR document to me via email AND uploaded it to GCKey. The document was listed on GCKey a couple of hours before it was actually uploaded/sent out.
Weird, I got the GCkey version 3 days ago. Nothing in email as of yet though. Hopefully soon...!

donad

Jan 26, 2020
Canada
Via GC Key, I uploaded through the underlined link after the first sentence at the top of the webpage:

Check the status, review the details and read messages for your application. View submitted application or upload documents.

When you click on the underlined link these is a chart with the headers: Details, Document Name, Instructions, Options, Required by. Under Details you could upload your file (1 file that must be <4MB). The Required By field is populated until your document is uploaded, then the date goes away.

I also had a request for Additional Information back on March 3, and submitted it that way. I never heard anything back, but since my app. has moved along since then, I'm assuming it was received and accepted.
Great thanks for the response.

rmassey1984

Sep 15, 2020
Hi all

I know I'm kinda new here but just figured I'd post timeline for info:
Application sent: 11 Oct 2019
Acknowledgement of Receipt: 14 Nov 2019
Medicals Requested: 24 Feb 2020
Medicals Passed: 31 Mar 2020
Mexican Police Certificate Requested: 29 April 2020
Confirmation of Received fingerprints/photos for PCC at Canadian HC in CDMX: 14 May 2020
Sponsor Approval: 28 August 2020
Approval in Principle: 28 August 2020
BGC Passed: 17 Sept 2020
Decision Made: 21 Sept 2020

Yesterday we recieved a mail from CIC asking to confirm our address, that we are still in Canada, date of first entry, date of last entry. We replied and I can see today that application is complete

No email with COPR yet ...we used a representative. Does anyone know if this goes to the representative email only or their gckey login?

Stormie

Star Member
Aug 8, 2019
Good morning,

Good morning,

Hi!
- To answer your question: my work permit is still listed as valid on my GCkey. I got my CoPR and DM a few days ago tho so maybe it’s still too early to tell if the work permit will get changed to invalid, but as of now it still says valid.
- I linked my PR card application to my GCkey and it took me less than 5 minutes. Just go through your account > add/link application >put in the necessary information, it’ll find your application and get linked.
Hope this helps! :)
- Quick question for you: what office did you send your photo and CoPR to and do you know how long it’s taking to get the card?
I know it says 100+ days on their website but I just want to know if that’s set in stone.

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....