+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2019 Inland Spousal Sponsorship****

sbkind

Mar 26, 2020

Looks like I can change that? haha

We used a representative, it updated early September that a decision was made, and on the 18th my profile (on the "check the status of your application" page since I don't have access to the GCKey, but only our rep) it said this (above).

I'd be curious to hear/see what it looked like for other applicants who "recently"(ish) received their CoPR. I've read about some people on Facebook who got their CoPR but weren't able to activate it, since flagpoles are currently prohibited?

Is this what it always looks like, or did they really just skipped the landing and activated my PR without me actually .. having to show up anywhere, sign anything,..? lol This feels so odd compared with what everyone always talks about..

In the GC Key it looks like this (screenshot comes from the representative):

But so far we haven't received any email/mail/call/whatevers. Is the Document Number (starting with T, then a bunch of numbers) the final thing / the # of my CoPR, that I can use to apply for perm. SIN? *much confuse*
I think you quoted me out of context, or maybe I should have said “I don’t know if people have ever landed in Canada without seeing an officer in person before the COVID disruptions”.
At the moment, people do become PRs w/o landing interviews. From what I’ve read, some people were seeing their COPR number listed on GCKey before they receive the official document (which for me, was both uploaded to GCkey and sent via email a couple of hours after I first saw the number appear on my account). I would wait with applying for a permanent SIN etc. until you receive an official letter on IRCC letterhead (probably as a PDF) that confirms that you’re a PR.

roney_usask

Jun 26, 2020
Good morning,

I just wanted to give you a brief update. Since I have received my COPR, I have

- Applied for OHIP. This is possible with your COPR, one proof of residence document (like utility bill, rental contract, tax documents) and an identity document (passport, driver’s licence...). If you don’t yet have your COPR, you can also use your AIP letter, and they will issue your health card for one year.

- Applied for a permanent SIN number. You can do this online. Make sure you follow the online guide. You will need to upload your COPR together with a corresponding identity or travel document, proof of address, and a document that verifies your identity. Note that technically they ask for both an identity document on its own and an identity document together with your COPR, so I have provided two just in case.

- Sent a photo to IRCC for PR card processing. I will keep you updated on this process.

I have a couple of questions as well: Was anybody successful with linking their PR card application to GCKey or see status updates on ECAS? How long did it take you to do this?

From my understanding, work permits/study permits etc. should be invalid automatically after your status changes to PR. Is this reflected for you guys on GCKey (I.e. are old study/work permits on GCKey still listed as valid or did the status change to invalid)? Just curious!

Congratulations to everybody who’s done with this process and good luck to everybody who is still waiting.
Can you please share the online link for SIN update?

saitesovsri

Sep 4, 2019
Yes it says

Good Day,
The following is in reference to your app for PR.
Please note we are returning your original documents without COPR or a permanent resident visa being issues. We want to assure you that this does not affect the decision of your application. A visa office will contact you with info on confirming your status as a PR. Visit our website to to get up to date info on COVID-19.

That is what the note said.
This is very standard in outland applications. But they usually take the passport to add a Canadian visa that allows you to enter Canada. But your case is very unique in nature and I am sure they had to complete this passport request step to move forward. Hence the passport request. Hopefully, you will hear from them soon with some good news. Good luck and keep us posted :)

Reactions: cjchurch

adanthony90

Jul 23, 2018
Hi everyone! Has anyone sent in RCMP fingerprints and had their profile updated. I’ve sent mine on August 8th and they have received it and have not heard anything since.

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Good morning,an update happened for your OWP I’m sep 19th,2020 still waiting since then ?
One small update on my OWP but not really. Last week I submitted a Webform asking about it. This week I got a generic answer back, saying that "It was being processed and due to COVID things are taking longer ..." blah blah blah.

Ironically I just received AIP today, which is when I've been led to believe my OWP will be approved. But no movement on that so far.

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
I received AIP today!

I printed my letter and tried to apply for OHIP right away. After waiting in a socially distanced line for almost an hour, I was told I have to go to a full-service Service Ontario to get OHIP with the AIP letter. :-( I'm going to see if I get COPR next week, so then I can just return to the Service Ontario closest to me to take care of it. If not, I'll make the trek to City Hall.

Reactions: Golden_islandgal

Stormie

Star Member
Aug 8, 2019
I received AIP today!

I printed my letter and tried to apply for OHIP right away. After waiting in a socially distanced line for almost an hour, I was told I have to go to a full-service Service Ontario to get OHIP with the AIP letter. :-( I'm going to see if I get COPR next week, so then I can just return to the Service Ontario closest to me to take care of it. If not, I'll make the trek to City Hall.
This is great news! Congratulationsss!!! :)

Reactions: PrincessButtercup