+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2019 Inland Spousal Sponsorship****

rockT

Oct 19, 2015
Hi Guys,

I get SA in Sept 9th and until now I didn't get any information from CIC yet? Is that normal ?

Thanks

saitesovsri

Sep 4, 2019
Hi Guys,

I get SA in Sept 9th and until now I didn't get any information from CIC yet? Is that normal ?

Thanks
Can you copy paste the SA message here (of course hide your personal info)?

Anything in ECAS?

Anything in PA's IRCC account messages?

LaLondon

Apr 24, 2019
Hi Guys,

Thanks
Sorry to dissapoint you, but I am april 2019 applicant, I received SA in october last year and from then nothing changed .I am still waiting for AIP and DM,, every case is different so hopefully you will receive soon good news! Good luck!

rockT

Oct 19, 2015
Can you copy paste the SA message here (of course hide your personal info)?

Anything in ECAS?

Anything in PA's IRCC account messages?
nothing on ECAS or CIC account
here is the SA letter and I didn't get any request for supporting documents etc

Wife name
This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class you submitted to this office on behalf of My Name and family (if applicable). You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent Residence (APR) for your relative will be processed separately and they will be contacted shortly. If you received this communication via email, please note that another copy will not be mailed to you.
Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)
The Right of Permanent Residence Fee is applicable to your application. If you have chosen to defer payment of that fee, you will be contacted to make the payment at a later date. Your family member(s) cannot become a permanent resident of Canada until this payment is made. It is strongly recommended that you pay this fee as soon as possible. By doing so, the processing time of your application may be reduced. For further information on how to pay this fee, please visit the CIC website at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp?. IMPORTANT: Passport(s) for your sponsored family member(s) must be valid for the duration of their stay in Canada.
When should I contact IRCC? You must also notify IRCC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:  Change in status in Canada: you must submit a written statement to this office and ...... more about contact IRCC

saitesovsri

Sep 4, 2019
nothing on ECAS or CIC account
here is the SA letter and I didn't get any request for supporting documents etc

Wife name
This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class you submitted to this office on behalf of My Name and family (if applicable). You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent Residence (APR) for your relative will be processed separately and they will be contacted shortly. If you received this communication via email, please note that another copy will not be mailed to you.
Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)
The Right of Permanent Residence Fee is applicable to your application. If you have chosen to defer payment of that fee, you will be contacted to make the payment at a later date. Your family member(s) cannot become a permanent resident of Canada until this payment is made. It is strongly recommended that you pay this fee as soon as possible. By doing so, the processing time of your application may be reduced. For further information on how to pay this fee, please visit the CIC website at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp?. IMPORTANT: Passport(s) for your sponsored family member(s) must be valid for the duration of their stay in Canada.
When should I contact IRCC? You must also notify IRCC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:  Change in status in Canada: you must submit a written statement to this office and ...... more about contact IRCC
Seems like a very standard SA. Generally speaking, a decision maker will review your case and notes put in by VO and issue SA, AIP. They have deadlines in place for each case, the decision maker has to respond to your file within this said deadline. In most cases, the decision maker issues SA if he/she is satisfied with sponsor and also issues AIP if he/she is satisfied with principal applicant, relationship and cohabitation proof, BCG, security and medicals. If any additional documents are required, the decision maker will send in the request for the documents on the same day as SA and will not issue an AIP.

Lately, we are seeing this trend where AIP is being issued without the completion of BCG and final decision is withheld until BCG is completed. But your case could be following the original trend which is: AIP after BCG completion.

There's three ways to find out what's really going on:

1. Contact IRCC via telephone: please keep in mind the agents do not work in the same building as VO and they will only see your case through GCMS (Global Case Management System) which is a CRM system for handling cases. So, there's actually no way to contact the VO's but you will get some decent info about your application.

2. Order your GCMS notes: a complete breakdown of you application which reveals the notes and steps taken by the VO's in each step of your application. This is the best way to find out what's going on.

3. Contact your local MP: reach out to your local MP and they will call IRCC through their internal channel to get a real time update of your case.

I hope this helps and keep us posted. We are here if you need any help. Best of luck!

P.S. the webform will not give you a real time update, they simply copy paste pre-written info.

saitesovsri

Sep 4, 2019
Sorry to dissapoint you, but I am april 2019 applicant, I received SA in october last year and from then nothing changed .I am still waiting for AIP and DM,, every case is different so hopefully you will receive soon good news! Good luck!
This is very odd, what does your GCMS notes say? Have you reached out to your local MP to escalate this? Do you need a CSQ?

Looking at the April 2019, May 2019 threads a lot of people are waiting for AIP since they require a relationship interview to issue an AIP. Since, relationship interviews are still yet to resume due to the COVID situation, it's causing huge delays.

Last edited:

LaLondon

Apr 24, 2019
No, but I ordered gcm notes and it’s still showing under secondary review, and eligibility havent started yet?? Additional doc requested september, october 2019 and still nothing??

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
I just received COPR!

On Saturday I checked ECAS and noticed that the Spousal Application and PR Application had been updated to "Decision Made." But no changes in GC Key. I've been stalking GC key all day and it finally changed to "Final Decision."

But there is no COPR document linked. I know others have had this happen to them. What was the solution? Wait for it to come via email or be posted, or do I have to call IRCC to have it sent/resent?

rockT

Oct 19, 2015
Seems like a very standard SA. Generally speaking, a decision maker will review your case and notes put in by VO and issue SA, AIP. They have deadlines in place for each case, the decision maker has to respond to your file within this said deadline. In most cases, the decision maker issues SA if he/she is satisfied with sponsor and also issues AIP if he/she is satisfied with principal applicant, relationship and cohabitation proof, BCG, security and medicals. If any additional documents are required, the decision maker will send in the request for the documents on the same day as SA and will not issue an AIP.

Lately, we are seeing this trend where AIP is being issued without the completion of BCG and final decision is withheld until BCG is completed. But your case could be following the original trend which is: AIP after BCG completion.

There's three ways to find out what's really going on:

1. Contact IRCC via telephone: please keep in mind the agents do not work in the same building as VO and they will only see your case through GCMS (Global Case Management System) which is a CRM system for handling cases. So, there's actually no way to contact the VO's but you will get some decent info about your application.

2. Order your GCMS notes: a complete breakdown of you application which reveals the notes and steps taken by the VO's in each step of your application. This is the best way to find out what's going on.

3. Contact your local MP: reach out to your local MP and they will call IRCC through their internal channel to get a real time update of your case.

I hope this helps and keep us posted. We are here if you need any help. Best of luck!

P.S. the webform will not give you a real time update, they simply copy paste pre-written info.
Thank you so much for your help
May I know how to order this GCMS notes ?

roney_usask

Jun 26, 2020
I just received COPR!

On Saturday I checked ECAS and noticed that the Spousal Application and PR Application had been updated to "Decision Made." But no changes in GC Key. I've been stalking GC key all day and it finally changed to "Final Decision."

But there is no COPR document linked. I know others have had this happen to them. What was the solution? Wait for it to come via email or be posted, or do I have to call IRCC to have it sent/resent?
I just waited for 3 days. Then I got it in my email. Some people waited little bit more. So give it 5-7 days. it will be send to your email and will get a linked document in your account.

Reactions: PrincessButtercup

Conaider

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
I just received COPR!

Congrats! Now you will be able to get your OHIP in whichever office you want :p

Reactions: PrincessButtercup

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request