Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Once you get your PR, the only thing you have to worry about is to keep the status (by not living outside Canada more than the amount of time required, not committing a crime, etc).. no more Work Permit, Study permits or anything like that.. you can work and study wherever and whenever you please. A PR basically has the same rights as a citizen (except for voting, running for office, and living outside Canada for extended periods of time).

Even renewing your PR card is not mandatory.. the PR card expires but the PR status doesn't. Of course, you need an up-to-date PR card to reenter the country if you travel outside Canada.
Thank you for confirming and the explanation!

KuroNeko26

Mar 12, 2018
California
Hey! I've been trying to call again, as I still haven't received anything in the mail, and I can't see anything online. I last spoke to them two weeks ago (Jan 13) when they told me it was approved and still nothing received.. I think it may take some time..
Did you ever get through over the phone/did they update you? Getting so nervous as our baby is due in 6 weeks lol, not for the work permit to actually work prior lol, just do not want to deal with it anymore!
I believe i called around the 13th as well. The lady I spoke with said she could see my owp on my profile and that it was waiting to be processed and told me how they have to make sure the sponsor is eligible before issuing out the owp, etc. I once again stressed myself out so much though to the point that the whole phone call is a blur now and I don't remember the small details except for that pretty much.

Katt

Feb 10, 2019
Once you get your PR, the only thing you have to worry about is to keep the status (by not living outside Canada more than the amount of time required, not committing a crime, etc).. no more Work Permit, Study permits or anything like that.. you can work and study wherever and whenever you please. A PR basically has the same rights as a citizen (except for voting, running for office, and living outside Canada for extended periods of time).

Even renewing your PR card is not mandatory.. the PR card expires but the PR status doesn't. Of course, you need an up-to-date PR card to reenter the country if you travel outside Canada.
Does it means we don't have to renew our OWP anymore once we got our PR?

Aaqil1

Nov 10, 2018
Hi All

I became a permanent resident in Canada last year, but for my accompanying children, I have not yet got their passport request from the embassy. My question is how long does it take to get passport request? Now it has taken three months I became a permanent resident, I have sent the email and web form asking them about this issue but no response about their visa's.

Any help would be appreciated

Kind regards

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Hey I only have the first one, and i dont have the second one, is it normal??
You showed points 1 and 2. What do you mean you have only first one?

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Any PA/Sponsor living in China? I saw that AC and many other airlines will stop to fly to China for now. I think the applications may be delayed?

KuroNeko26

Mar 12, 2018
California
Still haven't been able to link my OWP and no approval news about it yet. Really stressing out. I don't even know what to do at this point. I don't know if I should wait a little while longer or if I should call again to inquire about the OWP? I've already called about two weeks ago and I don't want to keep bugging them.

Last edited:

strssincanada

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
Ok, so I guess my wife OWP will not be approve before her visitor visa expiration.

Can someone answer me this question when filling out Visitor Record pre questionnaire.

How long are you planning to stay in Canada?
There are Two option
1. Less than 6 months
2. More than 6 months

Now, my wife is British citizen and she never got stamped on her passport, which means she can stay up to 6 months in Canada however end of March 2020 her 6 months will be over, so which option should I chose, Option 1 (bec most likely her OWP will approve within next two months) or 2 (because she will be staying over 6 months now after March 2020)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

KuroNeko26

Mar 12, 2018
California
Ok, so I guess my wife OWP will not be approve before her visitor visa expiration. I am filling it out online. Can some one answer me this question when filling out Visitor Record pre questionnaire.

There are Two option
1. Less than 6 months
2. More than 6 months

Now, my wife is British and she never got stamped on her passport, which means she can stay up to 6 months in Canada however end of March 2020 her 6 months will be over, so which option should I chose, Option 1 (bec most likely her OWP will approve within next two months) or 2 (because she will be staying over 6 months now)?

When did your owp/pr get recieved if I can ask?

KuroNeko26

Mar 12, 2018
California
it was received on Nov 9 2019, we applied on Paper however after linking it shows as received on Oct 31 2019 and it says we applied "online" instead of paper. Wonder if other have same experience.
Mine was recieved on October 17th and I still haven't been able to link mine at all or anything. I hope you get yours soon.

Aaqil1

Nov 10, 2018
Hi All

I became a permanent resident in Canada last year, but for my accompanying children, I have not yet got their passport request from the embassy. My question is how long does it take to get passport request? Now it has taken three months I became a permanent resident, I have sent the email and web form asking them about this issue but no response about their visa's.

Any help would be appreciated

Kind regards

Katt

Feb 10, 2019
Ok, so I guess my wife OWP will not be approve before her visitor visa expiration.

Can someone answer me this question when filling out Visitor Record pre questionnaire.

There are Two option
1. Less than 6 months
2. More than 6 months

Now, my wife is British citizen and she never got stamped on her passport, which means she can stay up to 6 months in Canada however end of March 2020 her 6 months will be over, so which option should I chose, Option 1 (bec most likely her OWP will approve within next two months) or 2 (because she will be staying over 6 months now after March 2020)?

Hi, I chose less than six months when I applied for extension. I also didnt get any stamp when I entered here. I think less than 6 months would be enough for the OWP approval cuz even if it gets returned (well hope not) you still have enough time to re-apply.

Reactions: strssincanada