+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2019 Inland Spousal Sponsorship****

Tony95

Jan 26, 2020
this is odd. i read so many on the forum that are just waiting and waiting after their representative. sometimes the application is returned and they have no idea. im wondering why did you decide to go with a representative? have you checked your ecas or have you called ircc?

I check on ecas, it stated
Sponsorship
  1. We received your application to sponsor “..” on October 2, 2019.
  2. We started processing your application on November 19, 2019. Should it be fine? I am so nervous

KuroNeko26

Mar 12, 2018
California
App received October 17th and still no owp approval email or anything like that and still haven't been able to link it. I hope It'll just show up in the mail soon.

Deany

Dec 16, 2019
Did anyone submit proof of status in Canada along with their OWP application? I am not referring to copies of stamps in your passport that you submitted with the PR application. I mean if you specifically sent proof of status for the work permit...

Deany

Dec 16, 2019
Did anyone submit proof of status in Canada along with their OWP application? I am not referring to copies of stamps in your passport that you submitted with the PR application. I mean if you specifically sent proof of status for the work permit...

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Since we are talking about OWPs, a question dawned on me.
  • Assume we all (in this forum) submitted our PR & OWP applications in October 2019
  • Assume a majority of us receive OWP approval in January-February 2020
  • Assume a majority of us are approved for PR in October 2020 (~12 months post-submission)
My question is: once we have received PR, do we need to renew/extend our OWPs upon expiration (work permits are grated for 2 years or until your passport expires, whichever comes first)? As PRs, we should be able to work anywhere without needing a work permit, is this correct? If not, can anyone please clarify?

Thanks!

Conaider

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
Since we are talking about OWPs, a question dawned on me.
  • Assume we all (in this forum) submitted our PR & OWP applications in October 2019
  • Assume a majority of us receive OWP approval in January-February 2020
  • Assume a majority of us are approved for PR in October 2020 (~12 months post-submission)
My question is: once we have received PR, do we need to renew/extend our OWPs upon expiration (work permits are grated for 2 years or until your passport expires, whichever comes first)? As PRs, we should be able to work anywhere without needing a work permit, is this correct? If not, can anyone please clarify?

Thanks!
Once you get your PR, the only thing you have to worry about is to keep the status (by not living outside Canada more than the amount of time required, not committing a crime, etc).. no more Work Permit, Study permits or anything like that.. you can work and study wherever and whenever you please. A PR basically has the same rights as a citizen (except for voting, running for office, and living outside Canada for extended periods of time).

Even renewing your PR card is not mandatory.. the PR card expires but the PR status doesn't. Of course, you need an up-to-date PR card to reenter the country if you travel outside Canada.

Reactions: PrincessButtercup

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Sponsorship
  2. We started processing your application on November 19, 2019. Should it be fine? I am so nervous
No. It’s same for me, just different dates.

Crystel13

Star Member
Sep 8, 2019
Sponsorship
It means it won't get returned. You should have received AOR by then

mitchelllindu

Nov 9, 2019
Never mind guys I just login with my girlfriend's info,
Sponsorship
  1. We received your application to sponsor ... on October 3, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 4, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on December 3, 2019.

paglimi

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
App received October 17th and still no owp approval email or anything like that and still haven't been able to link it. I hope It'll just show up in the mail soon.
Hey! I've been trying to call again, as I still haven't received anything in the mail, and I can't see anything online. I last spoke to them two weeks ago (Jan 13) when they told me it was approved and still nothing received.. I think it may take some time..
Did you ever get through over the phone/did they update you? Getting so nervous as our baby is due in 6 weeks lol, not for the work permit to actually work prior lol, just do not want to deal with it anymore!