NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-07-2018
AOR Received.
02-08-2018
Med's Done....
24-08-2018
Hi All,

I am also Oct 2019 inland applicant (rec. Oct 21, 2019). Not on Spreadsheet.
Do we have any timeline on how much time it takes to get the OWP stamped after its received in mail.
Anyone who has done this, will appreciate their response.
Thanks

Crystel13

Star Member
Sep 8, 2019
Hi Laurahd, as we submitted our CSQ around the same date, i wanted to know if they debit your card already ? and what you mean in your time line by (Registered on January 13, 2020) ? I heard they are pretty quick to debit the money but of course the process after that take so long ..

thanks
My envelope was opened on Dec. 20 and they only charged my credit card on January the 17th. Be patient. They take forever haha

Reactions: Shanghai911

Crystel13

Star Member
Sep 8, 2019
Hi All,

Do we have any timeline on how much time it takes to get the OWP stamped after its received in mail.
Thanks
I'm not sure what you mean with having the OWP stamped after its received. You don't need to have it stamped.

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
I'm not sure what you mean with having the OWP stamped after its received. You don't need to have it stamped.
I'm wondering as well what it means to have it stamped. Just curious do all permit come as a document? And also once you go to service Canada and get your SIN, it means you can do your taxes? Regarding citizenship, the taxes y you fill before PR, do they count?

Crystel13

Star Member
Sep 8, 2019
I'm wondering as well what it means to have it stamped. Just curious do all permit come as a document? And also once you go to service Canada and get your SIN, it means you can do your taxes? Regarding citizenship, the taxes y you fill before PR, do they count?
my husband got his work permit which was a sheet of paper and an ETA which is online. And yes, once you have your SIN, you can do your taxes. I do believe the taxes you fill before PR counts but you have to divide it by half. So for example, if your husband was here 400 days before PR, 200 of those days counts toward the citizenship (although i'm not 100% sure what I say is write).

rv8089

Jul 17, 2018
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-07-2018
AOR Received.
02-08-2018
Med's Done....
24-08-2018
Well. We need to get it stamped on passport as a visa. In case have to travel outside of Canada.

Don't we need to?
Not Sure.

Shanghai911

Star Member
May 19, 2019
Well. We need to get it stamped on passport as a visa. In case have to travel outside of Canada.

Don't we need to?
Not Sure.
No because OWP is not a VISA, it doesn't allow you to enter the country. You need to have a valid visa at the same time. Normally your OWP validity date won't be further than your current VISA anyway. It allows you to stay longer than 6 month and basically that's all for the "status"

Once you receive the OWP by mail, you go to service canada to request your SIN. You will get a temporary number,and will receive the card by mail. Once you got the temporary number you can start working

Last edited:

rv8089

Jul 17, 2018
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-07-2018
AOR Received.
02-08-2018
Med's Done....
24-08-2018
No because OWP is not a VISA, it doesn't allow you to enter the country. You need to have a valid visa at the same time. Normally your OWP validity date won't be further than your current VISA anyway. It allows you to stay longer than 6 month and basically that's all for the "status"

Once you receive the OWP by mail, you go to service canada to request your SIN. You will get a temporary number,and will receive the card by mail. Once you got the temporary number you can start working
Thanks for the info.

So to Wrap. Once we have visa in mail. and say we need to go out of country. on return you only need OWP Letter and Visitor Visa on passport ? Correct.

Thanks

Shanghai911

Star Member
May 19, 2019
Hi All,

Thanks
To
Thanks for the info.

So to Wrap. Once we have visa in mail. and say we need to go out of country. on return you only need OWP Letter and Visitor Visa on passport ? Correct.

Thanks
No ! thats the point, custom officer won't even look your OWP letter, it has no meaning for them. WHile you are processing you PR, they not recommand going out of the country (OWP or not) because you could be deny re-entry and get your application cancelled.

Since you are in canada now you already have a valid visa in your passport right ? this is the only thing that you get you back in the country IF YOU take that risk.

Crystel13

Star Member
Sep 8, 2019
To

No ! thats the point, custom officer won't even look your OWP letter, it has no meaning for them. WHile you are processing you PR, they not recommand going out of the country (OWP or not) because you could be deny re-entry and get your application cancelled.

Since you are in canada now you already have a valid visa in your passport right ? this is the only thing that you get you back in the country IF YOU take that risk.
My husband OWP is valid for 2 years. The stamp in his passport is not good after march of this year. What should we do?

Shanghai911

Star Member
May 19, 2019
My husband OWP is valid for 2 years. The stamp in his passport is not good after march of this year. What should we do?
THe stamp is how long you can stay, the OWP allow you to stay over march without problem. If he get out of the country, they can stamp him again for 6 months (but it would be irelevant as your OWP allows you to stay 2 years without going out) The visa validity in the passport is the date you must check before going out. And remember that it is a risk management, if you think the customs will let him in when he come back .. then ok.. but there is always a chance he got denied even with the OWP in his pocket.

Reactions: kathie16

rv8089

Jul 17, 2018
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-07-2018
AOR Received.
02-08-2018
Med's Done....
24-08-2018
To

Thank You for the information Shanghai911

Reactions: Shanghai911

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
my husband got his work permit which was a sheet of paper and an ETA which is online. And yes, once you have your SIN, you can do your taxes. I do believe the taxes you fill before PR counts but you have to divide it by half. So for example, if your husband was here 400 days before PR, 200 of those days counts toward the citizenship (although i'm not 100% sure what I say is write).
I heard about the days counting for 1/2 but I'm referring to the tax filing, does it count as I know you need to make 3 for citizenship.

Shanghai911

Star Member
May 19, 2019
I heard about the days counting for 1/2 but I'm referring to the tax filing, does it count as I know you need to make 3 for citizenship.
That's what i saw too, that each day you spend here before PR counts for 1/2 day to complete the X number of days to request your citizenship.

About tax filling, my understanding is : 1-You MUST start as soon as you earn your first dollar, or 2- as soon as you get PR.