+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2019 Inland Spousal Sponsorship****

strssincanada

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
My wife (PA) mother and my father (sponsor) are cousins. My grandmother (my dad mom) is my wife mother's aunt.

So what to enter in "Relationship" column as this section has to be feel out by my wife (PA).

Should we write my wife (PA) mother name and Relations as Mother
Then write my father name and Relation as Uncle

Please someone tell this dumb IRCC to clarify things.

PART B – INFORMATION ABOUT THE PRINCIPAL APPLICANT – TO BE FILLED OUT BY THE PRINCIPAL APPLICANT

1. Before this relationship, was your sponsor related to you in any way? e.g.

l Your sponsor was related to a member of your family

l You sponsor’s family member was related to you or a member of your family

A table is like this:

Family name

Given name(s)

Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD)

Relationship

sheetanshu

Oct 17, 2019
For Inland Spousal PR + OWP application:
Do we get any notification through email, text message or correspondence from IRCC after the application has been received?
It has been 1 week since the application was received (checked through Canada post tracking) but I haven't got any communication from them.

JamesBarnes

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
Do we get any notification through email, text message or correspondence from IRCC after the application has been received?
It has been 1 week since the application was received (checked through Canada post tracking) but I haven't got any communication from them.
You won’t receive anything until AOR which is an email that goes to the sponsor’s email address. It usually comes between 4 - 6 weeks after the application was delivered to the office.

Reactions: reviv3r

reviv3r

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
The first piece of correspondence we receive from IRCC will be the AOR (acknowledgment of receipt) about 6-8 weeks after receiving your application package. :)

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Hi, everyone.

Wanna to share my timeline here
PR + OWP + Application to Restore Status submitted
Inland: Ontario
Mailed: Oct 17
Received: Oct 21

My husband is PA, he was previously holding open work permit. We applied bridge work permit extension when I was waiting my PR. His wp declined due to my status changed to PR and he is not qualify to apply open work permit which under the category of foreign worker. Then we applied restore status as visitor on Sept 27.
We submitted our application PR + OWP on Oct 17 by Canadapost, and documents received on Oct 21.

Fingercross.
Welcome! Please do not forget to update your timeline on the spreadsheet (link in the first post of this thread).

strssincanada

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
My wife (PA) mother and my father (sponsor) are cousins. My grandmother (my dad mom) is my wife mother's aunt.

So what to enter in "Relationship" column as this section has to be feel out by my wife (PA).

Should we write my wife (PA) mother name and Relations as Mother
Then write my father name and Relation as Uncle

Please someone tell this dumb IRCC to clarify things.

PART B – INFORMATION ABOUT THE PRINCIPAL APPLICANT – TO BE FILLED OUT BY THE PRINCIPAL APPLICANT

1. Before this relationship, was your sponsor related to you in any way? e.g.

l Your sponsor was related to a member of your family

l You sponsor’s family member was related to you or a member of your family

A table is like this:

Family name

Given name(s)

Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD)

Relationship
Ok, now that brings me to another question here. Below question is asked for PA
Do you have any relatives (including aunts, uncles, cousins, etc) living in Canada?

So as per above discussion we have determined that my father is considered My wife's 1st cousin 1 removed, does that mean PA has to include my father (stating as 1st cousin 1 removed) and his children in above question section?

Because that means all my (sponsor) siblings, including me will be my wife (PA) second cousin. Correct? Which should be included in that section as well? Any suggestion

Last edited:

chilld of God

Nov 15, 2012
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston (Jamaica)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 23 2012
File Transfer...
July 11 2012
Med's Request
November 27 2013
Med's Done....
Febuary 8 2012 & December 4 2013
Interview........
NO NEEDED
Passport Req..
November 27 2013 Thank you Lord Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
January 22 2014
LANDED..........
January 26 2014
Hi everyone. Just a quick question: I'm currently sponsoring my wife inland. I got a email from immigration say that the application has been sent to Etobicoke IRCC for further assessment. Does anyone knows what this means??? This was sent to us on october 10th 2019.

nav4321

Aug 25, 2016
Hey guys,

Just submitted our application on October 29th 2019.

I have couple of questions.

First, we paid $85 for biometrics fee and I have been reading that you dont have to pay biometrics for inland applications, if yes. Will I get a refund for the biometrics? I sent a webform but idk what will happen.

Second question, we did not include OWP checklist but we did include OWP application and additional documents, will that cause the application to be returned?

Thanks for your responses in advance!

KuroNeko26

Mar 12, 2018
California
Hey guys,

Just submitted our application on October 29th 2019.

I have couple of questions.

First, we paid $85 for biometrics fee and I have been reading that you dont have to pay biometrics for inland applications, if yes. Will I get a refund for the biometrics? I sent a webform but idk what will happen.

Second question, we did not include OWP checklist but we did include OWP application and additional documents, will that cause the application to be returned?

Thanks for your responses in advance!
I didn't put a checklist for the owp either since I didn't even know it existed I really hope it won't get returned but even if it does at least its an easy fix

S_Souki_7

Oct 26, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Not sure if this is useful to anyone but i sent in our application and they received it August 12. Just found out that they started processing last monday Oct 21 - so that means it took them exactly 2 mths and 9 days to open it. (Canadian wife sponsoring Moroccan Husband)

Reactions: Golden_islandgal

nav4321

Aug 25, 2016
I didn't put a checklist for the owp either since I didn't even know it existed I really hope it won't get returned but even if it does at least its an easy fix
Exactly, there was no such instruction in the original checklist so I guess many people dont put the checklist, the OWP checklist form says it to attach it together though. Hoping for the best!

Reactions: KuroNeko26

strssincanada

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
Man, just when I think I am done and it opens new can of questions. So, please questions as possible.

1. PA is British citizen- Do we have to include original PCC? Sorry I can't find correct question anywhere.

2. PA used to be Indian citizen (as she was born there), her Indian passport was cancelled when she received British passport, Indian Consular does not provide PCC to former Indian passport holder. So, I will write explanation letter. Anyone came across same situation? And what was their experience?

3. Important documents for you and your spouse showing that you are recognized as each other's spouse (such as Employment letter or insurance benefit). I have added PA as my beneficiary at my work, will that letter work?

4. other proof that your relationship is recognized by your friends and/or family (eg. letters, cards etc). Do we send original wedding greeting cards or copy it? If we send original wedding greeting cards, do IRCC send it back to us? We do not post our pictures on facebook, however we have tag our self as married to each other on facebook, but its private.

5. We got married in Canada, do we send original marriage certi or copy? I am pretty sure its copy, but I will appreciate your input.

Thanks

Last edited: