+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2019 Inland Spousal Sponsorship****

zxya024

Sep 16, 2019
Yes, just as kathie said, it's which ever applies. My husband sent three though, all countries where he stayed for more trhan 6 months but that's not what it says on the checklist. We got confuse because when we called, she said every country where you stayed for more than 6 months. Just provide the PCC for which ever situation on the checklist applies: if they need another PCC when they go through background checks, they will contact you.
I have the same doubt, why it doesn't show up on the checklist saying that you need to provide all the coutries you've been over 6 months. Did you ask them why by the phone? Because I didn't do that, just follow what the checklist says. Meanwhile I'm afraid that they gonna ask for that extra PCC later, because the one in Spain takes long (im not the citizen, quite annoying). Not sure if I can make it within the time they might give me later. Also I was thinking to do it anyways, but still don't know how I gonna submit it? Though webform or another mail.

Katt

Feb 10, 2019
Oh then I was silly to think that courier would be faster. I'm based in Vancouver and it costed me around 40$ with taxes :eek:
Hi, I also used courier under Xpresspost and it cost us $37 after tax and signature request. Sent Oct.8 and received Oct.10. I lived here in Vancouver too.

Kishorekish

Aug 21, 2014
My wife is coming to Canada on visitor visa and then applying for In canada spousal sponsership. Can she get Indian PCC at consulate General downtown office? Or she should bring one from india?

Please suggest.

sheetanshu

Oct 17, 2019
Hi, I am new to this thread. Just about to send my wife's Inland spousal PR + OWP application today. I have 2 queries:
1. Regarding OWP, in the checklist which option is to be selected to include my PR documents on basis of which she should get OWP. (I see only the options of spouse of WP, PNP, refugee, student, etc. No mention of 'spouse of PR'). Does this mean I need not include my (sponsor) documents in OWP package?
2. If its just me who would be handling my spouse's application that too from her account (so it would be unofficial). Do I need to fill forms Use of a Representative (IMM 5476) and Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual (IMM 5475)?

kathie16

Star Member
Mar 10, 2019
My wife is coming to Canada on visitor visa and then applying for In canada spousal sponsership. Can she get Indian PCC at consulate General downtown office? Or she should bring one from india?

Please suggest.
If it’s faster to get it in India I would suggest do it there because at the consulate it will probably take longer to request. If she is applying as a visitor the soonest you can send your application, the better. Unless she also applies for an extension then it should be fine.

kathie16

Star Member
Mar 10, 2019
Hi, I also used courier under Xpresspost and it cost us $37 after tax and signature request. Sent Oct.8 and received Oct.10. I lived here in Vancouver too.
Well if for some reason they return my application (which i hope not!) now i know which service to use

Hi, I am new to this thread. Just about to send my wife's Inland spousal PR + OWP application today. I have 2 queries:
1. Regarding OWP, in the checklist which option is to be selected to include my PR documents on basis of which she should get OWP. (I see only the options of spouse of WP, PNP, refugee, student, etc. No mention of 'spouse of PR'). Does this mean I need not include my (sponsor) documents in OWP package?
2. If its just me who would be handling my spouse's application that too from her account (so it would be unofficial). Do I need to fill forms Use of a Representative (IMM 5476) and Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual (IMM 5475)?
hello, i think you are supposed to add your marriage certificate, that is actually in the checklist. In that particular form IMM5556 most of the “if you are...” don’t apply for pr applications so what we did is left those boxes blank after ticking the “document list” ones.
For the second question, are you both living in different addresses? Because if not i dont think that form would be necessary unless she wont be able to deal with IRCC and you’ll do it on her behalf

sheetanshu

Oct 17, 2019
Well if for some reason they return my application (which i hope not!) now i know which service to use

hello, i think you are supposed to add your marriage certificate, that is actually in the checklist. In that particular form IMM5556 most of the “if you are...” don’t apply for pr applications so what we did is left those boxes blank after ticking the “document list” ones.
For the second question, are you both living in different addresses? Because if not i dont think that form would be necessary unless she wont be able to deal with IRCC and you’ll do it on her behalf
Thanks Kathie, I am sure about the second point now that i need not fill those forms. But about my first point:
So in the application package of OWP, just like you I checked until 'Document List' section. Added my wife's documents after that according to the checklist (passport all pages and marriage certificate) and DID NOT keep any of my documents in there. Is this the way it should be?
Or should I keep my documents like copies of PR card, DL, employment docs in there as well. I am confused as I called their customer center today and was told that I should keep OWP package within a separate envelope inside the bigger envelope (under PR checklist) that would got to a different immigration officer, other than the guy who is handling the PR application. So concerned about it.

test1155

Star Member
Jul 6, 2019
Hi Everyone
My application submitted August 8th but returned yesterday due to the incomplete processing fee.

I am working in Canada, so I applied open work permit + spousal sponsorship.

Can anyone tell me how much I have to pay for it?
We paid $1,280.00 CAD for PR and Open Work permit.

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Hi everyone, the whatsapp group link has been added on the October Inland tab of the spreadsheet like the other inland batches.

ALso don't forget to update your timeline.

@kathie16 : your Received date is not updated in the spreadsheet

zxya024

Sep 16, 2019
Thanks Kathie, I am sure about the second point now that i need not fill those forms. But about my first point:
So in the application package of OWP, just like you I checked until 'Document List' section. Added my wife's documents after that according to the checklist (passport all pages and marriage certificate) and DID NOT keep any of my documents in there. Is this the way it should be?
Or should I keep my documents like copies of PR card, DL, employment docs in there as well. I am confused as I called their customer center today and was told that I should keep OWP package within a separate envelope inside the bigger envelope (under PR checklist) that would got to a different immigration officer, other than the guy who is handling the PR application. So concerned about it.
Concerned too..... I only attached OWP application form..
on IMM5556E checklist it requires any marked pages of passport which I didn't provide. About marriage certificate, I put it for PR application, not with OWP. I didn't even sent this checklist. No idea now.

RoxasTheNobody

Apr 10, 2019
on IMM5556E checklist it requires any marked pages of passport which I didn't provide. About marriage certificate, I put it for PR application, not with OWP. I didn't even sent this checklist. No idea now.
I'm a little worried too! I attached all the PR stuff but for the OWP I just attached the application to change conditions form and that was it. I had no idea that there was an additional checklist and documents for that!

strssincanada

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010

Please suggest.
Yes. You can but its long and tedious process. Just get it before she comes here. It should be valid for few months. I have been trying to deal with bls india and consultate india in toronto. Unfortunately, it sad to say. Indians can come to western countries but most dont adapte their customer service motto. They still run according to Indian time line, no coutesy, no customer service, no effort to help. They will make you run around and of course, Indian process is never straight forward. May be bribe will work here as well...

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Are you sure it asks for any marked page? We sent owp with PR and follow the 5556 checklist and only put the visa pGd and biodata page.

I checked other threads and many said they only sent the 5710 form plus payment and got it. I was unsure so we printed the 5556 checklist and include all documents required. Let’s see in January when the owp start. coming out.

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
I used Post Canada service too. It's xpress. But the officer told me that it's courier. They received 2 weeks ago. I hope it's the same
Oh I didn’t ask if they consider courier. The only courier service with post Canada as far as I know is when you use Priority service as it’s handled by FeDex. Let’s see if it affects when we get our AOR.

Reactions: zxya024

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
I have the same doubt, why it doesn't show up on the checklist saying that you need to provide all the coutries you've been over 6 months. Did you ask them why by the phone? Because I didn't do that, just follow what the checklist says. Meanwhile I'm afraid that they gonna ask for that extra PCC later, because the one in Spain takes long (im not the citizen, quite annoying). Not sure if I can make it within the time they might give me later. Also I was thinking to do it anyways, but still don't know how I gonna submit it? Though webform or another mail.
If they request, normally you submit it by webform. Yes I ask them by phone and she said normally we ask all countries you lived more than 6 months in the last 10 years. So we just followed that to avoid delays.

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. As discussed, you will find below complementary information to our conversation:

Police certificates

In general, if you and your family members want to immigrate to Canada, a police certificate is an essential part of your application.

Some countries may ask you to provide fingerprints, photos or a letter from Canadian immigration authoritiesexplaining why you need a police certificate.

For more information on police certificates*:

• Verify the sections Police certificates of the Instruction guide and the Document checklist of your application kit,
  • Police certificates are generally valid for one year from the date they are issued,
  • You do not need to provide a police certificate for your time in Canada, and
  • Please visit our website for more details.
*If you cannot get a police certificate, we invite you to include a written explanation with your application and an original letter from the police authorities confirming that they will not issue a certificate.

Reactions: zxya024