+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2019 Inland Spousal Sponsorship****

sbkind

Mar 26, 2020
I just got a ghost update on my application, no email, no new message, only the current status changes to "Application/Profile updated" but no changes whatsoever in the application info, my guess is that they are reviewing it or going through my documents somehow. Has anyone else seen this today? My PR app was received October 9th, and my Sponsorship app started processing on November 26th.
Have you noticed anything with regards to your background check? I had the same status (”Application/Profile updated“) when they started processing my background check in February.

Amy23

Feb 19, 2020
Have you noticed anything with regards to your background check? I had the same status (”Application/Profile updated“) when they started processing my background check in February.
My BC started around February 24th, so this wasn't it, but I did get my GCSM notes about 20mins ago so it might be related to that, I requested them on May 21st. and saw the ghost update this morning without any changes on the app (other than now the estimated time remaining says 18 weeks instead of 4 months). Also, according to my notes, the last time my app was touched was May 25th, which is the last entry shown for updates

sbkind

Mar 26, 2020
My BC started around February 24th, so this wasn't it, but I did get my GCSM notes about 20mins ago so it might be related to that, I requested them on May 21st. and saw the ghost update this morning without any changes on the app (other than now the estimated time remaining says 18 weeks instead of 4 months). Also, according to my notes, the last time my app was touched was May 25th, which is the last entry shown for updates
That sounds like good news! Seems like they are working on October applications then. May I ask what they have worked on when they updated it on May 25?

kashatxx

May 8, 2014
Anybody know when CIC will get back to work?
Are they doing anything right now? Like dealing with straightforward cases and the like?

End of October will mark a year of the process and end of November is when my PGWP expires.
Will I need to submit an extension at end of July or do you think that everything will be done by then?

Thanks!

Amy23

Feb 19, 2020
That sounds like good news! Seems like they are working on October applications then. May I ask what they have worked on when they updated it on May 25?
Its just a note added by the webform people (im guessing) that just said “applicant submited a marriage certificate. To be reviewed by PO”. So i sent my marriage certificate through web form because we applied as common law in October and included our papers and bookings for our legal wedding on April 4, when is when we actually got marrried so once we got the marriage registered I sent the certificate

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Its just a note added by the webform people (im guessing) that just said “applicant submited a marriage certificate. To be reviewed by PO”. So i sent my marriage certificate through web form because we applied as common law in October and included our papers and bookings for our legal wedding on April 4, when is when we actually got marrried so once we got the marriage registered I sent the certificate
possible. Husband got ghost update when he applied for visa in another country because they have agreement and they probably sought info from IRCC. Also BGC gives 2 or 3 ghost updates I think.

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
It's an automatic calculation of days elapsed since they received your app, and the time remaining to the 12 month estimate for processing
@Mapl3cat

Yes, and I've heard that if you hit 100% at the 12-month mark and your PR isn't approved by that point, the countdown just stops (not the application processing, just the automated countdown). It doesn't reset or give an new estimated completion date. So it's nothing to rely on at any stage.

Reactions: TriniKRN

pxlxyp

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
Hello everyone, just wanted to check on what is everyone's application status at the moment? I just checked and ours is at 71% - estimated approval time is 16 weeks.

Amy23

Feb 19, 2020
Hello everyone, just wanted to check on what is everyone's application status at the moment? I just checked and ours is at 71% - estimated approval time is 16 weeks.
Exact same boat, 70% for me, 16 weeks to go, almost the exact same timelines as you

TriniKRN

Jun 20, 2019
Just remember that that's an automatic counter. It measures from your start date to an exact year. I've seen posts by others stating that when it goes past, the counter just remains at 100%. It basically reflects the 'current' processing trend. That said, IRCC has stated that all the trends are currently irrelevant due to COVID-19. So I wouldn't rely on that metric.

I recommend you keep track of the spreadsheet. Everything had stalled in mid August. Lately there has been movement for the August folks. Someone from August 27 got AIP, SA and DM on June 19, and got COPR today without interview. So the wheels are turning.

If you're not already familiar with the spreadsheet, go here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gm315tmNKWoywb7PwZBiE67fUmznYQrNhYVWXPXXJBw/edit#gid=249911375

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
hello everyone I just saw my Wifes Backgroud check moved to " We are processing your background check" yesterday after no activity since Feb 28th 2020
Is it the first time that it changed to We are processing... ?

mosiahfine

Oct 10, 2019
Is it the first time that it changed to We are processing... ?
yes this is the first time it has changed to processing the last update was done in Feb when i got a medical pased update then covid hit and i heard nothing till yesterday seeing the backgroud check has started