Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Hi. Ive heard there is slow communication between the IRCC contact centre (phone and webform) and the actual Work permit processing office in Edmonton. I would say the email decision is final and that they haven't updated it on your status yet. You could send another email asking which criteria you didn't meet.

Could you remind me of your status when you applied...

Visitor with eta or visitor visa?
Entry to Canada via land or airport?
Did you have a stamp in your passport on arrival?
And the date of your application received.
Ok, thanks!

• Visitor with eta or visitor visa?: Visitor
  • Entry to Canada via land or airport? Airport
  • Did you have a stamp in your passport on arrival? No; I am covered under visitors status for 6 months.
  • And the date of your application received.: Paper OWP received October 30, 2019, but IRCC backdated to October 23, 2019. AOR received Dec. 24, 2019.

Last edited:

ParagK0711

Jan 30, 2020
Hi Folks,

I submitted my PR + OWP in October (23rd) - Got an inquiry in Jan (1st week) and after that I have received nothing.
Now, I am not sure after so many months if its rejected, returned or anything.

Since, I have not even received an AOR so far don't know as what next to do.
Is anyone in the same situation??

BB802

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Hi Folks,

I submitted my PR + OWP in October (23rd) - Got an inquiry in Jan (1st week) and after that I have received nothing.
Now, I am not sure after so many months if its rejected, returned or anything.

Since, I have not even received an AOR so far don't know as what next to do.
Is anyone in the same situation??
what was the enquiry?

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Ok, thanks!

• Visitor with eta or visitor visa?: Visitor
  • Entry to Canada via land or airport? Airport
  • Did you have a stamp in your passport on arrival? No; I am covered under visitors status for 6 months.
  • And the date of your application received.: Paper OWP received October 30, 2019, but IRCC backdated to October 23, 2019. AOR received Dec. 24, 2019.
when did you enter Canada?

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
when did you enter Canada?
Late-October, 2019.

I entered into Canada and then mailed my PR & OWP applications a week later.

Last edited:

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Hi everyone!

Is @KuroNeko26 around? Wanted to ask you about your OWP--have you heard anything back yet? I've been chatting with some others in another thread about their delay in an approval/response and wanted to touch base since it seemed like yours was taking longer than normal, as is mine. Feel free to message me.

Thanks!

Reactions: CanUK333

abeagomez

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
Hey everyone, it seems like de OWP mistake (telling people they don't meet criteria when they actually had valid status at the time they applied) has being happening to many Oct/Nov/Dec applicants. If you are in the same situation you can join this thread https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/open-work-permits-not-being-approved-even-when-meeting-eligibility-criteria.684678/#post-8585760 So we can advice each other in our communication with IRCC regarding our OWP applications

nf_sedaghat

Feb 22, 2020
Hi everyone, I have two questions:

1) According to https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gm315tmNKWoywb7PwZBiE67fUmznYQrNhYVWXPXXJBw/edit#gid=249911375 seems that no medical examination has been requested since middle of March that hints me it is due to the pandemic. You think how long the immigration office want to stop these processes?

2) My current status in Canada is international student. At the time of sending my application I did not apply for work permit. If I do apply now, is it possible that I get accepted? I ask this because international students can work part-time (<20 hrs/w) during their studies in Canada.

Reactions: JohnCana123

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Quick question since most of us received OWP in January. Let say you entered Canada in 2019 on TRV (visit visa), applied in October 2019, do you fill 2019 tax return or you would fill 2020 tax return because you received the TRV and SIN in 2020? I know that you can fill the first tax return before receiving your SIN but I am not sure if it's when you entered, when you applied for PR or when you get the WP that you are resident for tax purposes?

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Quick question since most of us received OWP in January. Let say you entered Canada in 2019 on TRV (visit visa), applied in October 2019, do you fill 2019 tax return or you would fill 2020 tax return because you received the TRV and SIN in 2020? I know that you can fill the first tax return before receiving your SIN but I am not sure if it's when you entered, when you applied for PR or when you get the WP that you are resident for tax purposes?
Hi! My husband is with the CRA, and I asked him to answer this for you. Sorry if it gets a little complicated. It's taxes. ;)

To file taxes in Canada you must be a resident in Canada OR a non-resident who has Canadian-sourced income.

You become a resident of Canada when you sever your residential ties with your former country and establish residential ties with your new country. For most people it is the day they arrive. Therefore, if you are here, and you plan to stay forever, you file taxes starting with the year you entered even you if you have no SIN #. Even if you don't have a SIN the CRA will give you a temporary tax number (it'll come with the return).

Honestly, the CRA only cares if you have income to report.

Reactions: may2019

nf_sedaghat

Feb 22, 2020
Hi! My husband is with the CRA, and I asked him to answer this for you. Sorry if it gets a little complicated. It's taxes. ;)

To file taxes in Canada you must be a resident in Canada OR a non-resident who has Canadian-sourced income.

You become a resident of Canada when you sever your residential ties with your former country and establish residential ties with your new country. For most people it is the day they arrive. Therefore, if you are here, and you plan to stay forever, you file taxes starting with the year you entered even you if you have no SIN #. Even if you don't have a SIN the CRA will give you a temporary tax number (it'll come with the return).

Honestly, the CRA only cares if you have income to report.
Hi @PrincessButtercup
Could you please ask your husband about processing PR applications? Seems that since middle of March the CIC has not sent out any medical exam request due to coronavirus. How long this situation is going to take?