+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2019 Inland Spousal Sponsorship****

BB802

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Hi..i just got medical request. The thing is i consumed some marijuana few days before so i am little nervous now that it going to effect my medical. So my question is does medical include drug test too? Or is there any way that they will kno that i hv consumed the drug? Please help
Its legal in Canada.

Reactions: RAMAN2633

Cedric91

Mar 16, 2020
Hello everyone,
A quick question please, i came in as a student but due to some health issues I was unable to go to school and right now my status has expired but I had a Humanitarian and Compassionate application in before it did expired.
but after waiting for too long, my wife has decided to sponsor me.
My question is, since I already have another application in which got in before my status expired, do I need to apply for thé reinstating of my status or I should just go ahead and apply for my PR and OWP.

Just waiting for our marriage certificate to go ahead with the application process
Thanks

Amy23

Feb 19, 2020
Hi..i just got medical request. The thing is i consumed some marijuana few days before so i am little nervous now that it going to effect my medical. So my question is does medical include drug test too? Or is there any way that they will kno that i hv consumed the drug? Please help
Nop, I did my medical in February and I am a regular user of cannabis for sleeping problems, nothing wrong with my tests, passed my medicals a week after completing them. I also saw the requisition form for bloodwork and they were only asking for tests to rule out diabetes, HIV, STDs, heart diseases and kidney failures mostly, no drug testing included. The doctor will likely ask you if you consume alcohol or drugs when you go in for the exam so just say "socially"

treesonfleet

Mar 16, 2020
Hi, looking for some advice.

Did anybody do an upfront medical request, which was sent in with the application? I just received a Medical Request yesterday (March 15, 2020). Application sent October 31, 2019 with an upfront medical check. The medicals are valid for up to 12 months which I am well within the time frame. I have just tried calling IRCC, but all agents are busy. I'll try again later, but figured I would ask you all. Has anybody resolved this issue and what did they do?

Amy23

Feb 19, 2020
Hi, looking for some advice.

Did anybody do an upfront medical request, which was sent in with the application? I just received a Medical Request yesterday (March 15, 2020). Application sent October 31, 2019 with an upfront medical check. The medicals are valid for up to 12 months which I am well within the time frame. I have just tried calling IRCC, but all agents are busy. I'll try again later, but figured I would ask you all. Has anybody resolved this issue and what did they do?
Try contacting them through the webform and send them your medicals again, it might be a matter of an error in the initial application, ask them if you actually need to do the medicals again and provide your upfront medical as an attachment

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
FYI, regarding COVID-19 workplace closures:

My husband works for Canada Revenue Agency. Last night he was told not to come into work for 2 weeks. And he is not able to work remotely. I state this because I don't know if IRCC is the same and if anyone in this forum's PR or OWP paperwork will be affected (set back, namely). This is what is currently up on their website (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship.html):

COVID-19: safety measures Lastest update: March 15, 2020

To keep everyone safe, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada is cancelling all:

To know when we’ll resume services and to get up-to-date information, see IRCC’s special measures to help clients affected by COVID‑19.

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Did you have valid status? As a visitor?
@Rajaharry I'm no lawyer, but once you were getting close to being out of status, with no OWP, did your lawyer have you file paperwork to extend your stay in Canada (see: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/extend-stay.html)?

Once you do this and your visitor status has ended, you have implied status until you receive a decision from them. AND note online that it currently takes 106 days to hear a decision for those applications submitted online. So there is about another 3 1/2 months of implied status for peace of mind.

Don't want to step on your lawyer's toes, but to wanted to make sure you're in status and aware of this option.

Golden_islandgal

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
Hello everyone,
A quick question please, i came in as a student but due to some health issues I was unable to go to school and right now my status has expired but I had a Humanitarian and Compassionate application in before it did expired.
but after waiting for too long, my wife has decided to sponsor me.
My question is, since I already have another application in which got in before my status expired, do I need to apply for thé reinstating of my status or I should just go ahead and apply for my PR and OWP.

Just waiting for our marriage certificate to go ahead with the application process
Thanks
I am not sure if you can apply for PR and OWP while the humanitarian and compassionate application is pending. However, I say for sure that you have to apply to restore your status within 90 days of expiration otherwise you will remain out of status (if you apply they will deny the restoration application and ask you to leave the country). As far as it relates to PR and OWP application if you choose to apply for that based on public policy guidelines you will not be deported until a final decision is made on your application. Note however, you will not receive the OWP until AIP because you are out of status

RAMAN2633

Oct 6, 2016
Nop, I did my medical in February and I am a regular user of cannabis for sleeping problems, nothing wrong with my tests, passed my medicals a week after completing them. I also saw the requisition form for bloodwork and they were only asking for tests to rule out diabetes, HIV, STDs, heart diseases and kidney failures mostly, no drug testing included. The doctor will likely ask you if you consume alcohol or drugs when you go in for the exam so just say "socially"
Thanku

Ladydelay

Jul 27, 2017
Hi everyone,

I’ll be sending my application by the end of the week so I’m starting a new thread.

Please use the following link to update your timeline.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gm315tmNKWoywb7PwZBiE67fUmznYQrNhYVWXPXXBw

Good luck to everyone!
Awesome! I applied in August but my entire application was returned on October 2nd, and was corrected and returned on October 4th. They returned the application, Just because my brother's address overseas was not given in it's entirety.
November 19th I received an email requesting a medical- medical was done December 6th and they received it on December 15th. Bio request Feb.6th - got it done on Feb 14th they received it same day. Feb 18th request for a new and updated Sechedule A form- they received it on Feb 28th. I also applied to extend my time twice- first one was approved, awaiting the 2nd . Did not apply for an OWP but think I need to.. tired just sitting around...driving me nuts! Waiting continues!

Reactions: Laurahd

Ladydelay

Jul 27, 2017
Hello,

I am bringing my wife to Canada on Visitor Visa (Which she already have) and then applying for Inland Sponsorship. My question is does she need to have return ticket back to India, since she is on Visitor visa? The officer at the airport when we land will ask for return ticket?

Pleas help me the answer.
Yes, a return Ticket is needed as visitor. I'm sure you got that sorted by now.

abeagomez

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
Yes, a return Ticket is needed as visitor. I'm sure you got that sorted by now.
I have come several times as a visitor to Canada, they never asked by my return ticket, only how long I was planning to stay. If you are planning to stay a short time makes sense to have a return ticket, but if you are planning to stay 2 or 3 months is normal not to have a return ticket yet, you can buy it while you are in Canada

SolaceSkyWolf

Jun 5, 2019
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
My husband and the kids did the medicals March 10 2020 and it says they did not recieved the results on the GCKey. I tried to call to see what is going on but the lines are closed till april. I've sent two emails asking about it but nothing yet. I'm wondering if there is any delays because of this Covid 19 stuff because the drs offices confirmed that the medicals were sent.

KuroNeko26

Mar 12, 2018
California
So my wife is about to get laid off really soon because they are shutting down her store because of the virus and we are freaking out because she's the only one that earns income. What are we supposed to do?? We can't go on any financial benefit because won't that mess up our PR application and get it denied? Extremely stressed.

Last edited: