+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2019 Inland Spousal Sponsorship****

Golden_islandgal

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
My husband and the kids did the medicals March 10 2020 and it says they did not recieved the results on the GCKey. I tried to call to see what is going on but the lines are closed till april. I've sent two emails asking about it but nothing yet. I'm wondering if there is any delays because of this Covid 19 stuff because the drs offices confirmed that the medicals were sent.
I would think covid has caused some delays so we just have to be patient. Based on posts on their website applications will still be processed however there may be some delays or a bit slower than the usual.

Reactions: SolaceSkyWolf

Golden_islandgal

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
So my wife is about to get laid off really soon because they are shutting down her store because of the virus and we are freaking out because she's the only one that earns income. What are we supposed to do?? We can't go on any financial benefit because won't that mess up our PR application and get it denied? Extremely stressed.
If she meets the requirements for EI she can apply for that. EI is not considered financial benefit and will not affect your application

Reactions: PrincessButtercup

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
If she meets the requirements for EI she can apply for that. EI is not considered financial benefit and will not affect your application
Second this. I'm seeing a lot of people ask this same question in the time of Coronavirus, so know what you are not alone. EI is not considered assistance in the Sponsor/PA immigration sense of the term. Also, sorry to hear about your wife's employment situation. :(

Reactions: Golden_islandgal

sbkind

Mar 26, 2020
Hi,
I hope you are all doing well at those difficult times of COVID-19.

I have also applied for PR in October 2019 and followed the posts here, but I have just registered on this forum now. I've seen that some of you were wondering whether we would have to give biometrics. I have received my AOR on December 13 and I have ordered GCMS notes in January. While I couldn't find anything in the notes that was particularly interesting (it was way too early to apply), I have seen that the status for Biometrics is "Assessment: Exempt - Pub Pol. (In-Canada)". IRCC could probably change this again at any time, but at least it seems like that when my application was put in the system on December 12, they have still made the decision to grant an exemption based on the date they originally received it.

I hope this helps!

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Hi,
I hope you are all doing well at those difficult times of COVID-19.

I have also applied for PR in October 2019 and followed the posts here, but I have just registered on this forum now. I've seen that some of you were wondering whether we would have to give biometrics. I have received my AOR on December 13 and I have ordered GCMS notes in January. While I couldn't find anything in the notes that was particularly interesting (it was way too early to apply), I have seen that the status for Biometrics is "Assessment: Exempt - Pub Pol. (In-Canada)". IRCC could probably change this again at any time, but at least it seems like that when my application was put in the system on December 12, they have still made the decision to grant an exemption based on the date they originally received it.

I hope this helps!
i have the same thing in my GCMS notes!

Katt

Feb 10, 2019
Hi guys!
I have a question, so I'm currently doing a 3 months online course as a Dental receptionist then on my OWP condition it says "Not authorized to work in a Health Service Field Occupation.. I just wanna know if working as a dental receptionist is consider a health field occupation?

Thank you in advance for those who will answer. :)

raman8310

Dec 13, 2012
Hello all ,

Below is the timeline for my spouse sponsorship application

Application Type :- Inland Spouse Application
Applied:- October 2019
Open Work Permit application approved :- Feb 2020.
Medical received :- 15th March ,2020

Query :- Due to ongoing COVID-19 conditions most of the authorized doctors clinic are closed and not accepting the new appointments for Medical examination and I am also reluctant to go for medical examination during ongoing high risk time .

As per the letter received from Immigration ,my wife has to complete the medical examination within 30 days of receiving the instruction for medical examination so my wife has to go for medical examination by 15th April,2020 .

But looking at the ongoing trends of COVID-19 , it does not seems to slow down by 15th April.

I tried calling CIC call center but they are also closed due to current scenarios

I sent my query to cic through online webform on Thursday and awaiting the response .

I appreciate if anyone else in this group is in similar situation or they have any information on COVID 19 update by CIC.

Take care and be safe

Golden_islandgal

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
Hello all ,

Below is the timeline for my spouse sponsorship application

Application Type :- Inland Spouse Application
Applied:- October 2019
Open Work Permit application approved :- Feb 2020.
Medical received :- 15th March ,2020

Query :- Due to ongoing COVID-19 conditions most of the authorized doctors clinic are closed and not accepting the new appointments for Medical examination and I am also reluctant to go for medical examination during ongoing high risk time .

As per the letter received from Immigration ,my wife has to complete the medical examination within 30 days of receiving the instruction for medical examination so my wife has to go for medical examination by 15th April,2020 .

But looking at the ongoing trends of COVID-19 , it does not seems to slow down by 15th April.

I tried calling CIC call center but they are also closed due to current scenarios

I sent my query to cic through online webform on Thursday and awaiting the response .

I appreciate if anyone else in this group is in similar situation or they have any information on COVID 19 update by CIC.

Take care and be safe
I think there is an automatic extension of 90 days to comply with requests in light of the covid situation. However, if the directions are not clear I would inform them via webform of the inability to get an appointment and will do so as soon as the offices reopen and as soon as you get an appointment you send proof via webform. Also note it takes a week or so for them to respond to you via webform. See links below with bulletins issued by IRCC

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/general-measures.html?fbclid=IwAR0PcefBMbRDYmexx1x0xDO7yrSupdE99_w7hBh96SNTB1LxjP6wy1IQQw4

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html

raman8310

Dec 13, 2012
I think there is an automatic extension of 90 days to comply with requests in light of the covid situation. However, if the directions are not clear I would inform them via webform of the inability to get an appointment and will do so as soon as the offices reopen and as soon as you get an appointment you send proof via webform. Also note it takes a week or so for them to respond to you via webform. See links below with bulletins issued by IRCC

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/general-measures.html?fbclid=IwAR0PcefBMbRDYmexx1x0xDO7yrSupdE99_w7hBh96SNTB1LxjP6wy1IQQw4

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html
Thank you very much for prompt reply . Yeah I also read the same on the above links and I am relying on this information
"Applications will not be refused for non-compliance, and all applications currently in progress at IRCC offices abroad, at case processing centres and within the Domestic Network will continue to be processed but may experience delays. "

But to be on safer side I have sent webform to CIC and hopefully will get the response coming next week.

I would appreciate if anyone else have more information or going through similar scenario please provide your valuable comments

Thanks

Reactions: Golden_islandgal

RAMAN2633

Oct 6, 2016
Her Foreign Passport should be sufficient. Though I had visitor visa stamped on the passport but that was not asked. Try Mississauga driving centre - longside drive. Its very spacious and normally less crowded.
Hi, i am going through same thing . My medical request came on 15th march n i booked an appointment on 20th mar at Toronto base physician.but got cancelled cuz of covid 19.n my 2nd appointment at different physician on 2nd April also got cancelled cuz of the same reason.my lawyer dont agrees with me that we need to inform cic about my delay as it is common knowledge. But then i see ppl whose medical request came on same date as me, already done it n even passed it. So should i call cic myself n inform them? because my lawyer is not going to it.

BB802

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Hi, i am going through same thing . My medical request came on 15th march n i booked an appointment on 20th mar at Toronto base physician.but got cancelled cuz of covid 19.n my 2nd appointment at different physician on 2nd April also got cancelled cuz of the same reason.my lawyer dont agrees with me that we need to inform cic about my delay as it is common knowledge. But then i see ppl whose medical request came on same date as me, already done it n even passed it. So should i call cic myself n inform them? because my lawyer is not going to it.
Who is your lawyer?

Golden_islandgal

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
The call centre is closed. I recall seeing a posts to that effect. There is an automatic extension from 30 to 90 days to complete medicals and biometric requests. They ask that contact be made with them via webform but only where necessary. A few posts above I posted the links from CIC website which details how applications are currently being handled so you can check those out for guidance

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Hi gang, I have a question for you all. I know a lot of you have received your OWPs, but am wondering if anyone has heard of the following situation:

After 5+ months of waiting for my OWP, I sent a webform the other day asking about it's status. Today I received an email from IRCC stating that "We verified the information on file. However, it has been determined that you do not meet the eligibility criteria." (I have read and re-read the eligibility requirements, and don't understand why or what makes me ineligible. But that's besides the point of my post).

However, in my GCKey my OWP Application status still says "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you."

Wouldn't my GCKey be reflective of a rejection if this were the case? And wouldn't IRCC send me a rejection email (and hopefully reason why), other than just an answer to my webform submitted inquiry? Or am I to take the email message as the final decision? I haven't tried calling yet, wanted to post here to see if anyone had any insight.

Thanks guys!

BB802

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Hi gang, I have a question for you all. I know a lot of you have received your OWPs, but am wondering if anyone has heard of the following situation:

After 5+ months of waiting for my OWP, I sent a webform the other day asking about it's status. Today I received an email from IRCC stating that "We verified the information on file. However, it has been determined that you do not meet the eligibility criteria." (I have read and re-read the eligibility requirements, and don't understand why or what makes me ineligible. But that's besides the point of my post).

However, in my GCKey my OWP Application status still says "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you."

Wouldn't my GCKey be reflective of a rejection if this were the case? And wouldn't IRCC send me a rejection email (and hopefully reason why), other than just an answer to my webform submitted inquiry? Or am I to take the email message as the final decision? I haven't tried calling yet, wanted to post here to see if anyone had any insight.

Thanks guys!
Hi. Ive heard there is slow communication between the IRCC contact centre (phone and webform) and the actual Work permit processing office in Edmonton. I would say the email decision is final and that they haven't updated it on your status yet. You could send another email asking which criteria you didn't meet.

Could you remind me of your status when you applied...

Visitor with eta or visitor visa?
Entry to Canada via land or airport?
Did you have a stamp in your passport on arrival?
And the date of your application received.