Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Hi @Zalerinae0517, welcome to the forum! Feels free to post any questions or updates about your application here. We'll help if we can, and support you if we can't!

If you like, you can add your username and PR milestone dates to "the spreadsheet," a Google Docs form that most of us update and eye occasionally to check for updates, movements, and trends among us 2019 Inland applicants. It is completely private and voluntary. There is a tab for October Inland applicants if you'd like to include yourself.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gm315tmNKWoywb7PwZBiE67fUmznYQrNhYVWXPXXJBw/edit#gid=249911375

Reactions: Zalerinae0517

Zalerinae0517

Sep 15, 2020
Anything in your IRCC account inbox? What does the ECAS say? Generally speaking, AIP is issued fairly close to SA unless they request additional documentation. It could also be that they are working on your BGC to finish to issue you AIP. But looking at recent cases including mine, IRCC is issuing AIP without completion of BGC, they add a clause to AIP that DM will not me made unless BGC is complete.
I'm not sure what an ECAS is, I don't see anything about it in my account. It says my BGC is still in progress and they don't need any additional information. The last message I got in my inbox was the SA. I don't know when they started the BGC since it took me until Aug to get my paper application attached to my online account and it was already in progress at that point.

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
I'm not sure what an ECAS is, I don't see anything about it in my account. It says my BGC is still in progress and they don't need any additional information. The last message I got in my inbox was the SA. I don't know when they started the BGC since it took me until Aug to get my paper application attached to my online account and it was already in progress at that point.
ECAS = Electronic Client Application Status https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?app=ecas&lang=en

It's not as detailed as information entered into your GC Key, but is another resource to check your application's progress. You can can look into your ECAS status via Sponsor's or PA's info such as the UCI and Application number.
  • If you log in as the Sponsor, it will show you any updates for both the Sponsor and the PA application. If you log in as the PA, it will just show the PA's application.
  • Usually statues on GC Key and ECAS will match, but not always, especially if there's been recent movement on your app. Which is why I think @saitesovsri asked you about your IRCC inbox and ECAS messages.

CynthiaL

Sep 14, 2020
ECAS = Electronic Client Application Status https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?app=ecas&lang=en

It's not as detailed as information entered into your GC Key, but is another resource to check your application's progress. You can can look into your ECAS status via Sponsor's or PA's info such as the UCI and Application number.
  • If you log in as the Sponsor, it will show you any updates for both the Sponsor and the PA application. If you log in as the PA, it will just show the PA's application.
  • Usually statues on GC Key and ECAS will match, but not always, especially if there's been recent movement on your app. Which is why I think @saitesovsri asked you about your IRCC inbox and ECAS messages.
Hi,

I checked ECAS with logging in as PA and my sponsor. The information is totally different. Under PA, it shows started processing on Aug 29 2020, however, it is Nov 19, 2019, under the sponsor. It also mentions Sponsorship Application Status-Decision Made. But it does not say what decision.

Feeling confused.

Reactions: Zalerinae0517

saitesovsri

Sep 4, 2019
Hi,

I checked ECAS with logging in as PA and my sponsor. The information is totally different. Under PA, it shows started processing on Aug 29 2020, however, it is Nov 19, 2019, under the sponsor. It also mentions Sponsorship Application Status-Decision Made. But it does not say what decision.

Feeling confused.
If it says Sponsorship Application Status-Decision Made - please check your email for SA or additional info. They usually tell you on ECAS when they sent the email. Make sure to check your spam. This was on my ECAS and my sponsor received SA in her email inbox on September 8.

We sent you correspondence on September 8, 2020 about the decision on your application.

It's actually normal for the applicant's application to start at a later phase. My sponsor's application started processing on December 12, 2019 and mine started September 8, 2020 on ECAS. We both received SA and AIP on September 08, 2020.

kathie16

Star Member
Mar 10, 2019
Hi,

Feeling confused.
Same here
maybe the decision made is in regards of AIP and SA?

kathie16

Star Member
Mar 10, 2019
Is review of eligibility different than AIP?
Gckey page shows me this

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
but I already received the Eligibility Passed message

saitesovsri

Sep 4, 2019
Is review of eligibility different than AIP?
Gckey page shows me this

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
but I already received the Eligibility Passed message
Same here, received AIP on September 08 and GCkey says eligibility in progress. Called IRCC to ask about the discrepancy and I was told to ignore the GCkey. They confirmed me that, I passed the eligibility.

Reactions: kathie16

Zalerinae0517

Sep 15, 2020

Ok so I went through that link, put the info in and in the boxes it says applicant and my name, permanent resident application status "decision made". I click on that and it just says
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on October 24, 2019.
  2. We started processing your application on September 6, 2020.
  3. We sent you medical instructions on March 15, 2020. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. Medical results have been received
Whats that mean? Sorry I'm a bit lost on this stuff I only started following the online progress recently.

CynthiaL

Sep 14, 2020
If it says Sponsorship Application Status-Decision Made - please check your email for SA or additional info. They usually tell you on ECAS when they sent the email. Make sure to check your spam. This was on my ECAS and my sponsor received SA in her email inbox on September 8.

We sent you correspondence on September 8, 2020 about the decision on your application.

It's actually normal for the applicant's application to start at a later phase. My sponsor's application started processing on December 12, 2019 and mine started September 8, 2020 on ECAS. We both received SA and AIP on September 08, 2020.

Thank you very much. But my account still says in progress...

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Ok so I went through that link, put the info in and in the boxes it says applicant and my name, permanent resident application status "decision made". I click on that and it just says
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on October 24, 2019.
  2. We started processing your application on September 6, 2020.
  3. We sent you medical instructions on March 15, 2020. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. Medical results have been received
Whats that mean? Sorry I'm a bit lost on this stuff I only started following the online progress recently.
No apologies needed--we all start out new to this stuff at some point! This is what I meant about ECAS being a bit more vague than your GC Key notifications. It is not updated as often and not with as much detail. When your physician has submitted your medicals, this is what ECAS will tell you. But I'm guessing that your GC Key has something more along the lines of "You passed the medical exam on XX date, 2020."

Does that make sense?

Reactions: mosiahfine

Zalerinae0517

Sep 15, 2020
No apologies needed--we all start out new to this stuff at some point! This is what I meant about ECAS being a bit more vague than your GC Key notifications. It is not updated as often and not with as much detail. When your physician has submitted your medicals, this is what ECAS will tell you. But I'm guessing that your GC Key has something more along the lines of "You passed the medical exam on XX date, 2020."

Does that make sense?
Yea that makes more sense. I'm guessing based on replies above from others that "decision made" refers to the SA stuff. I guess that means I just need to wait for my gckey to give me more updates.

Reactions: PrincessButtercup