FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-10-2019
Doc's Request.
30-01-2020
Hi Everyone, I wanted to post my recent experience with web form responses and check if anyone else has also faced a similar situation or not. Here's my details for ref:

AOR: 27 Oct 2019
FSW - Outland

On March 2 for my very first web form inquiry, I got the following response:
Eligibility verification in progress
Security not initiated
Criminal background verification valid

On March 27:
Eligibility verification in progress
Background verifications valid:
Security background verification valid
Criminal background verification valid

On Apr 27:
We verified the information you provided and can confirm that a decision has been made on the application. Rest assured that the responsible office will contact you by mail or email to provide you with that decision.

So far things seemed to be moving, and as per the last response, it looked like they had made a decision, but just paused operations due to Covid. I then sent another one a few days ago, and received the following response:

June 30:
  • The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
    • you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
  • The eligibility review has not been initiated.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification has not been initiated.

They have completely made a U-turn here as if my application has not even been touched so far! Has anyone else experienced something similar recently, or is aware of any possible reason for such a strange response? Appreciate your input!
That's weird. Go for gcms notes . And may be its finalization process to review all the steps or what?

andrei92

Star Member
Jul 18, 2019
AOR October 23, Still waiting for my PPR. Last Time i receive request for additional documents in March. That's it. Inland CEC Application. Anyone who went thru CEC recieve PPR?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi, @legalfalcon, Hi all
should I first inform IRCC that I will renew my child's passport; or I can renew it and then inform them by sending a copy?
thank you
First renew it and then send the scan of bio pages to IRCC via webform. Passport is just an identity document and before IRCC can issue you a visa, it has to be valid for at least 6 months or more for all individuals in the application.

When the PR visa is issued it is issued until your meds expire or your passport expires. So make sure all passports are valid and renewed so that you can get PR visas for a longer duration instead of being limited by meds or passport. While you can't do much about the meds, you can sure renew your passport.

Reactions: KoKo_

Panki

Nov 29, 2016
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Alberta
NOC Code......
Hello All, I submitted my application on 4th Oct, submitted bio-metrics on 8th September and have not heard from CIC since then except generic email on 2nd June.
Had anyone of you experiencing the similar delays?

Thanks for your help in advance.

daiju

Mar 3, 2016
Hello All, I submitted my application on 4th Oct, submitted bio-metrics on 8th September and have not heard from CIC since then except generic email on 2nd June.

Submitted my documents on October 16, 2019. No emails yet from Immigration.

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020

Mine is Oct 3. Yes, such a huge delay and frustration.

Ndera

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Hi guys,

I recently send a webform to IRCC asking for the progress of my application and got the following response:

• The background verifications are currently valid.
  • The security background verification is currently valid.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid
I realised they didn't mention about eligibility like I had asked and sent another webform and got the following response:

The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied.

What does this mean? and just wondering what stage is my application based on the following responses. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
Hi all, I renewed my passport while my PR is still in process. Should I inform CIC about this? I worry if this renewed passport delays the process or CIC asks me to re-send other documents such as medical and Language with the new passport. Those are with my previous passport. What should I do?