Kaka95

Nov 6, 2017
Hi everyone,
My Aor is 12th October CEC Inland
Medical passed November 8,2019
No update on profile after that
** We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements
**You passed the medical exam.
**We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
** Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
How long it will take ?

mitiriki

May 26, 2019
Hi everyone,
**We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
** Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
How long it will take ?
My time line and status are the same as yours
MED passes on Nov 1st and I am FSW-pnp inland. No update after Feb 13th that the background check change to we are processing from in progress!
Hope we hear something soon

Reactions: Kaka95

Eshwarkp79

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
Hi everyone,
How long it will take ?
No ghost updates? Call IRCC and check with them, specifically ask what is the status of Eligibility, criminality and security?

Kaka95

Nov 6, 2017
No ghost updates? Call IRCC and check with them, specifically ask what is the status of Eligibility, criminality and security?
Actually my consultant is handling the case. So i dont know about the GU's i can only see the current profile status which i stated above.

thomas3456

Star Member
Mar 6, 2020
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-10-2019
AOR Received.
02-10-2019
For anyone whose AOR is from October 2019 or even before that, if there has been no GU on your app and it is stuck in "reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements", please read below:

Since 10-Feb-2020 since my app was stuck in this status, I have gone through so many forums on this website. What I have observed from all the discussions is that how CIC work is that most of the apps are approved within 4-4.5 months.

If your application is progressing even after 5 months, like they ask for ADR or some security check is progressing, then you should not worry too much, just wait.

However, those poor souls with no progress at all even after 5 months, no GU, then you are in bad luck. Your case has gone into a cold storage forever. The blame is on you! You probably missed something in your application or added something that triggered additional checks.
Therefore, a senior officer must review the case of yours. This can take more time anywhere between 3-8 months (or more in worst cases).

To get out of this deadlock there is a very simple solution. Apply for free GCMS notes only once at 5+ months period. Read those notes and find what point(s) triggered additional review. Then send additional docs/LOE for those points.
Hopefully, next time when your file is picked by senior officer he would see your new docs/LOE and approve your case. Your file will be picked after you send the new details in about 90-120 further days (if you are lucky, trust me I have read cases where it was picked after 200+ days even).

Then Even after 4-5 more months you see no progress, then call CIC check status and also ask location of your VO.
If you are desperate by then then: write a physical letter (better option)/email to that VO and plead them to process your file.
Read cases where this worked instantly.

NO MATTER WHAT PLEASE TRY TO AVOID MULTIPLE GCMS NOTES. Unless both requests are like 4-6 months apart. Don't show them you are an impatient donkey. Similarly don't call every 2 weeks.

After more than 12 months of AOR, local MP is an option.

These points are not my own but I have learnt after spending several hours a day, checking each old frustrated soul's postings on this website. What they tried and their last few postings..

Please feel free to correct me at any point that you feel I am wrong.

The following youtube video also explains the same pretty well. I am not the owner of this youtube video:
Review Required

Thanks,
Thomas

Last edited:

thomas3456

Star Member
Mar 6, 2020
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-10-2019
AOR Received.
02-10-2019
Can anyone please comment on how long secirity takes?
Security is done in less than a week. Unless someone by your name has a history in Canada. In those cases they ask for RCMP doc and then another week or so. You are not too far, so take it easy..

joy857

Star Member
Dec 24, 2019
Hey guys, been a silent reader, but got golden email today. Problem though it asks for the following:

5. The height and eye colour (for both eyes) for the Principal Applicant and all of his accompanying dependants

All required documents must be submitted in one single package.

I read everywhere about an Appendix B but didnt get it. Notice a - between point 5 and ending statement. Is something missing?

If you received in gmail - there's a link at the bottom of the mail that says "clipped message/see full message" click that and you will see the full thing.

neerajnaik123

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
IRCC has canceled all in person appointments for PR landing after COPR until April 13th. Not sure flagpoling is still on at border crossing. Not sure when i will get my passport back.

pemyrie

May 15, 2009
IRCC has canceled all in person appointments for PR landing after COPR until April 13th. Not sure flagpoling is still on at border crossing. Not sure when i will get my passport back.
@neerajnaik123
I think flagpoling is out since ppl would be seeking entry as a temporary resident. The PR would only be issued after getting entry at the border.

pemyrie

May 15, 2009