+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***OCTOBER 2018 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
We’ve been together almost 6 years, are married and also have a child together.

Is suspicion of a sham relationship the main reason for an interview request?

We didn’t have any intent to move to Canada so soon, but we had to.

I don’t want to withdraw and start all over, especially now that we’re finally seeing progress.

I guess I’ll just hope they don’t request an interview. If so, figure out a way to get there for it.
Really wouldn't worry about it unless you have to.

anne720

Oct 21, 2018
Category........
FAM
Congratulations!! My App got delivered on Nov 7th, hopefully I hear something soon.
Thank you!!!! They are working fast on all this year apps. So you’ll get yours hopefully by the end of the year!!!! Good luck !!!

Reactions: rissy1

nn0609

Dec 14, 2018
AOR Received.
06-12-2018
Med's Request
13-12-2018
PA application received October 11, 2018
AOR received Dec. 6, 2018
Medical request received Dec.13, 2018

Reactions: mkaur096

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
Arghhh.....so hard seeing people that submitted before us getting their AORs and medical requests! Keeping fingers crossed that ours is soon. Ours was received October 12th!

Reactions: Remiel

BKind29

Dec 14, 2018
Hi All,

I’m hoping someone could help me. I submitted my application for spousal sponsorship (not in Canada) in October 22, 2018. According to DHL, it was received and signed for on Oct 25. However, I haven’t heard anything yet. No notifications at all. Anyone have any idea what’s taking so long? I know the entire process takes up to 12months but I heard some people got notifications in as little as 2weeks.

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
Hi All,

I’m hoping someone could help me. I submitted my application for spousal sponsorship (not in Canada) in October 22, 2018. According to DHL, it was received and signed for on Oct 25. However, I haven’t heard anything yet. No notifications at all. Anyone have any idea what’s taking so long? I know the entire process takes up to 12months but I heard some people got notifications in as little as 2weeks.
To be honest the process generally takes quite a bit longer than 12 months. I am hearing up to 18 months these days. But in terms of the first AOR, it can take a few months. People that submitted in August where getting AORs in November. It really depends on the volume they get at any given time, and how complicated your application is. I know ours may take longer as there is the Principal Applicant and dependent child ( = more paperwork to review). And different applications require different paperwork. Hang in there. It is a black hole of information to be sure, but there isn't much that can be done.

maria1994

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
PA application received October 11, 2018
AOR received Dec. 6, 2018
Medical request received Dec.13, 2018
Hello, we have similar timeline as you and PA is from the Philippines.
We got the AOR on December 7, App received Oct 12.

Did you receive a Sponsor Approval email before medical request? :)

Farah1305

May 29, 2018
Hello all

Canadian here with a dual British/Spanish husband.
Currently living in the UK - and desperate to get back home.

Our application was received in Sydney on October 1st - and they asked for biometric payment, which we paid and sent off.
It's been radio silence since then ...

ugh - where are others at with their applications?

is there a WhatsApp group I could join to commiserate ?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
To be honest the process generally takes quite a bit longer than 12 months. I am hearing up to 18 months these days. But in terms of the first AOR, it can take a few months. People that submitted in August where getting AORs in November. It really depends on the volume they get at any given time, and how complicated your application is. I know ours may take longer as there is the Principal Applicant and dependent child ( = more paperwork to review). And different applications require different paperwork. Hang in there. It is a black hole of information to be sure, but there isn't much that can be done.
This is not true whatsoever, the target is still 12months assuming there are no extenuating factors/complications.

Just because AOR is taking longer to receive does not mean it will extend the process by 6 months.

Farah1305

May 29, 2018
Hello, we have similar timeline as you and PA is from the Philippines.
We got the AOR on December 7, App received Oct 12.

Did you receive a Sponsor Approval email before medical request? :)
wow - what office is filing your paperwork???

congrats!

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
This is not true whatsoever, the target is still 12months assuming there are no extenuating factors/complications.

Just because AOR is taking longer to receive does not mean it will extend the process by 6 months.
Sorry - I didn't mean to infer that the process was taking longer and that the indication was not getting an AOR right away. I have been hearing from friends' experiences that they are waiting 12-18 months - but closer to 18.