+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***OCTOBER 2018 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

cantthinkofaname

Star Member
May 18, 2018
We actually got the visitor visa application in first as it was much easier and the processing time was only 12 days or so.

It’s multi entry and good for until the passport expires.

One thing I do wonder though is now that we are already in Canada, what happens when the Manila visa office wants to start interviews or whatever they do.

I’m not flying back .

I thought being here would make things go quicker but apparently that is not the case.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
We actually got the visitor visa application in first as it was much easier and the processing time was only 12 days or so.

It’s multi entry and good for until the passport expires.

One thing I do wonder though is now that we are already in Canada, what happens when the Manila visa office wants to start interviews or whatever they do.

I’m not flying back .

I thought being here would make things go quicker but apparently that is not the case.
Absolutely not, we were outland here on visitor and it was 11 months processing.

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
Hello guys, long time guest lurker here.
I got the first email on Dec 8. I'm assuming that's the AOR.
They received the application on Oct 18.

I tried to link it with an online account but I'm getting an error that no applications were found. I was using details(UCI, application number) from the email. Is that normal? I also tried using my bank account to log in. Is creating a GCkey login better?
I'm jealous! I sent ours in on October 12th and I am still waiting for the AOR. Good for you!

icewalker

Star Member
Dec 10, 2018
I'm jealous! I sent ours in on October 12th and I am still waiting for the AOR. Good for you!
It sure did surprise me. I had been going through all the threads and the average wait for AOR1 seems to be 2 months plus a few days. So, hopefully you get yours by next week :)

Reactions: laleona

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
You saying that the interview can’t be done in Canada?
My understanding is that when you do an outland visa, the interview will take place in the country from where you are applying. You have to be available to fly back for any activities related to the outland application. I could be wrong, but that is how I interpreted it.

Reactions: suga

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are correct

My understanding is that when you do an outland visa, the interview will take place in the country from where you are applying. You have to be available to fly back for any activities related to the outland application. I could be wrong, but that is how I interpreted it.

cantthinkofaname

Star Member
May 18, 2018
Well that is not good news.

Is it possible to change your application from Outland to Inland once it’s submitted?

I guess interviews are a “maybe” anyway.

I just can’t imagine that we’d have to fly all the way back to the Philippines for an interview. Seems really dumb to me.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Well that is not good news.

Is it possible to change your application from Outland to Inland once it’s submitted?

I guess interviews are a “maybe” anyway.

I just can’t imagine that we’d have to fly all the way back to the Philippines for an interview. Seems really dumb to me.
Nope, not unless you withdraw and start over. I don't know much about your application but considering you and your partner are living together in Canada I would doubt they would have many doubts about genuineness of relationship. Not to say it won't happen but less likely in a case like yours, unless there are other factors I don't know about.

cantthinkofaname

Star Member
May 18, 2018
We’ve been together almost 6 years, are married and also have a child together.

Is suspicion of a sham relationship the main reason for an interview request?

We didn’t have any intent to move to Canada so soon, but we had to.

I don’t want to withdraw and start all over, especially now that we’re finally seeing progress.

I guess I’ll just hope they don’t request an interview. If so, figure out a way to get there for it.