+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***OCTOBER 2018 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Did your wife get a TRV? Does it ask in the application how much time you want to spend in Canada or is it an automatic 6 month visitors visa? I am sure her being an OFW helped in her application.

I saw some youtube videos today of other Canadians who applied with the OUTLAND PR application and by the time they got their AOR1 they applied for a TRV (good for 6 months with the possibility of applying to get an extension on that visa if the PR application hasn't been approved yet) so their wife can live with them in Canada during the whole PR application processing time until they get approved. I think this is the route we are going to go as I don't want to arrive in northern Canada just before winter (website says currently a 12 month process for applicants) but around spring of next year.

My wife has a passport but has never been outside of the Philippines. I have heard it is all on the applicant where they need a house or money in the bank. If that is the case I am sure I can help with the latter but I think if we have a PR application in process and we should have our Sponsorship Approval before we apply for a TRV next March and just explain our situation then that should help getting a TRV approval but I am still checking into it.
Hi Kevster,

Yes, I wouldn't want to arrive in northern Canada with new wife in the winter time!
Hope she likes mukluks and polar bears?....Hahaha
At least the grizzly bears will be hibernating now.

I think it would be very difficult to acquire TRV once your outland PR application has been submitted.
Your explanation letter for the TRV sounds reasonable but not sure it would help much? Especially for the Philippines.
Also be careful with the youtube videos....Advertising for referral services? ( They just tell you what you want to hear ).

My close friend ( Canadian citizen ) is married to Philippine girl with child together for the past 6 years. He has good job in
Northern Canada and they have a nice home in the Philippines. She previously applied for TRV and was refused with the typical
reasons like " no travel history, family ties " etc. ( She just wanted to visit Canada )
After some time they decided to apply for PR and paid lots of money for immigration consultant that " messed up " their application and it
was returned. They went to another consultant paid lots more money and reapplied. This time It was approved and their entire process took
2 years. She was here recently for passport stamp, meet family, and see what it is like then back to the Philippines.
The weather is much nicer there! Good thing is he loves his family and there are more options now. ( lots of airplane time for him $$$$$ )

Do your research and be prepared for a rough ride.
Good luck my friend!

kevster

Nov 13, 2018
Bacoor City, Philippines
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
01-10-2018
AOR Received.
07-12-2018
Med's Request
24-12-2018
Med's Done....
02-01-2019
Passport Req..
14-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2019
LANDED..........
31-03-2019
Hi Kevster,

Yes, I wouldn't want to arrive in northern Canada with new wife in the winter time!
Hope she likes mukluks and polar bears?....Hahaha
At least the grizzly bears will be hibernating now.

I think it would be very difficult to acquire TRV once your outland PR application has been submitted.
Your explanation letter for the TRV sounds reasonable but not sure it would help much? Especially for the Philippines.
Also be careful with the youtube videos....Advertising for referral services? ( They just tell you what you want to hear ).

My close friend ( Canadian citizen ) is married to Philippine girl with child together for the past 6 years. He has good job in
Northern Canada and they have a nice home in the Philippines. She previously applied for TRV and was refused with the typical
reasons like " no travel history, family ties " etc. ( She just wanted to visit Canada )
After some time they decided to apply for PR and paid lots of money for immigration consultant that " messed up " their application and it
was returned. They went to another consultant paid lots more money and reapplied. This time It was approved and their entire process took
2 years. She was here recently for passport stamp, meet family, and see what it is like then back to the Philippines.
The weather is much nicer there! Good thing is he loves his family and there are more options now. ( lots of airplane time for him $$$$$ )

Do your research and be prepared for a rough ride.
Good luck my friend!

Hi Western Mountain Man

The only thing my wife is excited about going to northern Canada is......... the SNOW!! She thinks it is so exciting. I told her it will probably take 2 cold winters and the excitement will quickly die off. I told her she won't be complaining about the heat like she does here in the Philippines. I asked her if she can imagine -40C as she thought it was cold in Bagiou when I took her there last month since it is up high in the mountains so cooler temperature of 15C.

The Youtube Videos I was referencing were not immigration referral services (Those sites are just looking for new clients) but just regular Canadian men who had been through the process of getting married, applying for PR applications and then getting a TRV for their filipina wives and some saying they got refused the first 2 times but then they gained more knowledge about what the Immigration Officer is looking for and was successful the 3rd time in their TRV application and were automatically given 6 months even though they only asked for 3 weeks visit on their application. I never had any intention to ever use an immigration consultant to something I can very easily do myself like everyone else here. Even before my wife and I got married I started reading the CIC site and getting familar with everything long before applying and keeping receipts of everything and filling out the forms online and other needed information. I see a lot of people complaining about the PR application process but those are people who are already separated by their significant other and my wife and I are together so not in a rush but I am just thinking WEATHER and TIMING as mid December and we have nothing to lose to put in a TRV or even a 2nd or 3rd one as we will still be waiting in the Philippines until it is approved or our PR application is approved.

I have read a lot of people say it is hard to get a TRV when your PR application is currently being processed but there are others who are successful and sometimes after they were unsuccessful the first & second time but did something right the 3rd time. I have been in the Philippines since February 1st 2018 and was originally just going to stay here for the whole duration of this PR application but when I read that other guys comment the other day it made me think that instead of just waiting here in the Philippines for another 7-12 months that we would try to get a TRV and then reapply if not successful and just keep reapplying with a better application + supporting documents but we just started researching it now, how to put the best application together and what immigration officers are looking for. I might even take her on some short trips to other countries near by to get some stamps in her passport and put some more money into her bank account to beef up her chances of getting approved along with a LETTER OF INVITATION explaining our situation and our current PR application in process where hopefully the sponsorship approval will be granted by the time we apply and the reasons we want to visit Canada as I have family back there that I haven't seen in almost a year etc.. I might even get my mother to issue a LETTER OF INVITATION saying she wants to meet her new daughter inlaw but is on a limited pension (CPP and OAP) and doesn't have the fund to go to the Philippines so we are going to visit her in Canada or something like that. Sometimes it comes down to the Immigration officer you get as it comes down to their opinion and what they feel about your particular application.

Like I said though, we have nothing to lose in putting in a TRV application since I will be staying in the Philippines until my wife can go to Canada with me TOGETHER. I don't get discouraged easily and if an application gets rejected you learn by it and do some more research and submit another one until you are successful.

Cheers

is801

Star Member
Jul 19, 2012
i forgot to send the nikahnama translation, I havnt got the AOR yet, can I send it now to prevent getting my application back.
Has anybody send any document before AOR?

icewalker

Star Member
Dec 10, 2018
Hello guys, long time guest lurker here.
I got the first email on Dec 8. I'm assuming that's the AOR.
They received the application on Oct 18.

I tried to link it with an online account but I'm getting an error that no applications were found. I was using details(UCI, application number) from the email. Is that normal? I also tried using my bank account to log in. Is creating a GCkey login better?

Tnh

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016

I tried to link it with an online account but I'm getting an error that no applications were found. I was using details(UCI, application number) from the email. Is that normal? I also tried using my bank account to log in. Is creating a GCkey login better?
Congrats. Wait a few days and try again. It's normal.

You can also check your application status on ecas:
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do

Tnh

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
i forgot to send the nikahnama translation, I havnt got the AOR yet, can I send it now to prevent getting my application back.
Has anybody send any document before AOR?
I think u may have to wait as you need the application number in order to send additional documents. But call IRCC and find out

maria1994

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018

Hello, I also just got an AOR on December 7, after many attempts, I was finally able to link our application.

Try using the Application number/Family name combination. I was also using Application Number/UCI but it never worked because I just found out that the Sponsor and Applicant actually have different UCIs (Since I'm the sponsor and I got the AOR, the UCI in the email is actually my UCI and not the applicant's). I am assuming here that you are the Sponsor.
Hope this helps! Goodluck!

Carleton

Sep 18, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
October 19
AOR Received.
January 23
File Transfer...
February 23
Hello, I also just got an AOR on December 7, after many attempts, I was finally able to link our application.

Try using the Application number/Family name combination. I was also using Application Number/UCI but it never worked because I just found out that the Sponsor and Applicant actually have different UCIs (Since I'm the sponsor and I got the AOR, the UCI in the email is actually my UCI and not the applicant's). I am assuming here that you are the Sponsor.
Hello, when was your application received? Mine was received oct 19 and still no aor :-/

icewalker

Star Member
Dec 10, 2018

You're a genius. Tried with Application name and Family name and I was able to link it.
It's at Review of Eligibility step right now.

Yes, I'm the sponsor. PA is from India.

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
Hi There - application received in Sydney, NS on October 12, 2018. No AOR yet, and judging by the threads I am not holding my breath that it will be any time soon.

Also currently have a visitor visa in progress (5 business days so far) for my husband to visit. That application was done online.

maria1994

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Hello, when was your application received? Mine was received oct 19 and still no aor :-/
Hi, our application was received Oct 12 in CPC Sydney but we got the AOR from CPC Mississauga.
I don't know how their system works, but from what I read from September threads, there are still people there that haven't received their AOR yet. Hang in there :)

Sana Rabbani

Dec 10, 2018

So I guess it's normal and I shouldn't panic. My application was on Oct 31 and haven't heard anything yet

Janeth7789

Jul 30, 2017
Nicaragua
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
3/7/2019
AOR Received.
4/5/2019
I have a question about supporting documents. On the proof of relationship the are requesting two pieces of supporting documents (lease or property ownership, utilities or phone bills, and important documents ID's driver's license)

The concern I have is the following, we have two lease documents to provide since we have lived together for 2 years in two different places. We also have several receipts of rent paid with both our names. However as far a papers go that's about it. Utilities are included in the price of rent, we don't have phone bills as here in Nicaragua where we live it's much more common just to have prepaid. Neither one of us has credit cards and we pay for everything in cash just because in most shops credit and debit cards are not used. As far as ID goes we are renting a small room in a house that is shared with other tenants due to insecurities it is not recommended to have anything sent here so we have kept the address of our families homes to be on the safe side.

The only thing I can think of is opening an account for savings while we wait for our application to be processed but not sure if it will look bad since we are looking to send our app in by the end of January, another possibility would be to change my ID to his grandmother's address to match his. Again using our address is not an option we really don't want anything documents or anything important sent here.

There isn't much pressure here in Nicaragua to have these kinds of things updated it's not really regulated in any kind of way but I am concerned that changing these things so close to our application may make it look shady.

We have plenty of pictures and chats to send in as well as some random receipts (he paid for my passport, I have paid on his car occasionally) and several letters from friends and family.

Any recommendations?

Tnh

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
I have a question about supporting documents. On the proof of relationship the are requesting two pieces of supporting documents (lease or property ownership, utilities or phone bills, and important documents ID's driver's license)

The concern I have is the following, we have two lease documents to provide since we have lived together for 2 years in two different places. We also have several receipts of rent paid with both our names. However as far a papers go that's about it. Utilities are included in the price of rent, we don't have phone bills as here in Nicaragua where we live it's much more common just to have prepaid. Neither one of us has credit cards and we pay for everything in cash just because in most shops credit and debit cards are not used. As far as ID goes we are renting a small room in a house that is shared with other tenants due to insecurities it is not recommended to have anything sent here so we have kept the address of our families homes to be on the safe side.

The only thing I can think of is opening an account for savings while we wait for our application to be processed but not sure if it will look bad since we are looking to send our app in by the end of January, another possibility would be to change my ID to his grandmother's address to match his. Again using our address is not an option we really don't want anything documents or anything important sent here.

There isn't much pressure here in Nicaragua to have these kinds of things updated it's not really regulated in any kind of way but I am concerned that changing these things so close to our application may make it look shady.

We have plenty of pictures and chats to send in as well as some random receipts (he paid for my passport, I have paid on his car occasionally) and several letters from friends and family.

Any recommendations?
Are any of you working? Does your work benefits include your spouse or any other life/health insurance? I used something like that.

Maybe you can get the joint savings account still or if you already have an account you could add your spouse's name to it. You can also write a letter of explanation why you dont have more documents

Tnh

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
Are any of you working? Does your work benefits include your spouse or any other life/health insurance? I used something like that.

Maybe you can get the joint savings account still or if you already have an account you could add your spouse's name to it. You can also write a letter of explanation why you dont have more documents
You both could also change your driver's licenses to the address you put on the immigration forms. Afterwards you can switch it.