+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***OCTOBER 2018 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

cantthinkofaname

Star Member
May 18, 2018
I did so many combos I can’t remember which one actually worked, but I did eventually link it to my wife’s gckey.

As far as I know you can only link to one account.

I can check either on ECAS though.

Sarahannclarke5

Sep 19, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
Oh thank you for the info.. But only my husband which is the sponsor got gckey account.. I'm curious if the info they asking on gckey when u linking the account is the sponsors info like his last name or is it applicants info ?
applicants info. also, sometimes after sponsor approval, it wont always show progress on the sponsors gckey, just in applicants gckey.

sibnadian

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's not necessary. it's a useful tool to look and see at the progress, or see if there are any updates etc. Sometimes an email is missed or not recieved and ecas/gckey is just somewhere you can see how the application is processing.
When you have gckey, you don't get emails with info requests anymore. All goes into the gckey.
You just get an email that there is new info on gckey.

Arisha Azib

Nov 6, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I just received the file number for my husband we applied on 7th Nov 2018, application recieved on 11th Nov 2018 and 16 Jan 2019 is the date we received our file Number.

I have couple of questions:
1) What is the next step after getting the file number? Do they ask for finger prints or medical request and how long do they take to send you the next request??

2) My husband is currently in Dubai and he will be staying their for 3 months if we receive a request for finger prints or his medical would he able to perform it by staying in Dubai or he has to go back to pakistan to get it done??

Thanks,

Missionquebec

Nov 18, 2014
Application was returned today for forgetting to include a handwritten signature of the principal applicant on the background declaration form. A bit furious at myself for missing it. I will now need to resubmit and go at the end of the queue. I probably need to join the January 2019 outland thread too. I wish everyone on here the best of luck.
Mine returned too as I did not submit PCC. I thought I would submit during processing but they said it is mandatory to submit all PCCs. Currently, I am in Jan 2019 thread. Thread has been created. Welcome and join.

Missionquebec

Nov 18, 2014
Thanks for pointing that out. I have to essentially redo the entire application. Do you know if I will need to get new police certificates for my spouse? The certificates I submitted with the original application last October were issued in September and October 2018. I am seeing some posts saying they're valid for 3 months from date of issue, others say they're valid for 6 months/1 year - not sure which one is true.

This is for Express entry applicants but I am not sure of Spousal applicaiton
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html
Date the certificate was issued

For the country where you currently live
The police certificate for the country where you currently live:

• must be issued no more than 6 months before the date you submit your application
  • must not be expired
For any other country
For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

Some countries put expiry dates on their police certificates. If you have a police certificate that expired, include it. We’ll accept it if:

• it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row
  • it is not for the country where you currently live
An officer may ask for a new one later on.

Reactions: mahek286

hoppypuppy

Oct 10, 2018
Very well organized work done. We appreciate sharing with all members here. Sounds like no one can do such a hard work for 5 years. Keep checking your emails both of you, may hear a good news soon.
As per I phoned they are still working on LATE JULY cases. But U never know you may be picked up as OBO special case for Mississauga, in which case Final Decision will be made right here, only final docs will be sent to V.O. Cheers! :)
We did get picked up by Mississauga after.

adcy

Jan 12, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Its an Operational Bulletin saying about work sharing plan. Here they pick up best / easy files which do not require special reviews by V.O.s
Hello, thanks for thé answer so it is good news!!! I just hope this will speed up the process

Reactions: lucky1990