+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***OCTOBER 2018 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
No they did not, they just want some additional documents.

My wife got a local police clearance, not one from the NBI, so we are getting that. $35 from the embassy and another $75 to mail it to the Philippines.

I’m a little curious as to why they requested her birth certificate when it was provided, and had the PSA stamp they want so badly, so I will send it again along with some supplemental documents to prove identity.

Medicals are done, we are just waiting for them to be received.

I have OHIP letters for me and my son which I would think would prove intent to reside here. I’ll send bank statements and insurance receipts as well.

Only problem left is a misunderstanding on the schedule A form. They requested that we re-submit it because they believe there are gaps in my wife’s address history but there aren’t. I’m hoping a letter explaining the situation will be enough to satisfy that requirement.

Will find out.
It's good they didn't send it back!

Just curious,
Do you know if your application is being processed in Sydney or was transferred to Mississauga ?

maria1994

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Just FYI, the letter from IRCC said:

“To establish marital status, the pricipal applicant must submit either a Certificate of no record of marriage (CENOMAR) to establish that there is no record of marriage, or a Philippines Statistics Authority (PSA) Advisory on Marriages providing details about any marriages registered in the Philippines.”

We have a marriage certificate, but there is no PSA stamp on it. Is that what we need to get?
Hi, yes, that is what it exactly says on the country specific requirements too.

"Philippines – Instruction(s) for documents

• Marriage certificate issued in the Philippines: Provide the original marriage certificate issued by the Philippines Statistics Authority (PSA) and printed on PSA paper.
  • If you hold a Philippine passport, you and your family members included in the application must follow these instructions:
    • Principal applicant: To establish marital status, the principal applicant must submit either a Certificate of no record of marriage (CENOMAR) to establish that there is no record of marriage, OR a Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) Advisory on Marriages providing details about any marriages registered in the Philippines."

I submitted BOTH - PSA Marriage Certificate and PSA Advisory on Marriages. These are two separate documents. I suggest send both to be sure. Hope this helps!

cantthinkofaname

Star Member
May 18, 2018
It does help, thanks.

We were just married in August, and as I’m sure you’re aware, it takes 3 months for the PSA stamped version of your marriage certificate to be processed, and I left in September. My wife left in November and came to Canada early due to a family emergency here.

Hopefully we can get someone in Manila to retrieve the PSA stamped version of the marriage certificate for us.

I’m surprised that this is even necessary considering that you don’t HAVE to be married to sponsor someone, unless I am misunderstanding what conjugal or common law means as well.

Dealing with the red tape / bureaucracy on both sides of the world is taking its toll on me. I can’t wait for this to be over.

maria1994

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
It does help, thanks.

We were just married in August, and as I’m sure you’re aware, it takes 3 months for the PSA stamped version of your marriage certificate to be processed, and I left in September. My wife left in November and came to Canada early due to a family emergency here.

Hopefully we can get someone in Manila to retrieve the PSA stamped version of the marriage certificate for us.

I’m surprised that this is even necessary considering that you don’t HAVE to be married to sponsor someone, unless I am misunderstanding what conjugal or common law means as well.

Dealing with the red tape / bureaucracy on both sides of the world is taking its toll on me. I can’t wait for this to be over.
We actually got married in August too! Yes I know PSA copies take at least three months, and it is ridiculous! But there are some ways around it. We were advised by relatives that went through this process on how to expedite the marriage certificate. Basically, we did all the work (instead of waiting for them) - from submitting our marriage contract from the City Hall to the PSA. So we were able to get PSA copies after three weeks.

Anyway, pretty sure your spouse's parents can easily get those for her. Or, she can even request them online!
https://www.psaserbilis.com.ph/Default.aspx

I've actually requested my birth certificate online and it only took 3 days!
Goodluck :)

Last edited:

OC1234

Dec 17, 2018
App. Filed.......
05-10-2018
AOR Received.
10-01-2019
I called IRCC and the agent told me Sydney Office has started processing up to Oct 9th 2018.
What was the number you called? When I called I was never given an option to speak to someone. I've been meaning to clear up a mixup in my AOR but I haven't had any luck sending online enquiries so I figure calling will be better.

dmn1363

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
What was the number you called? When I called I was never given an option to speak to someone. I've been meaning to clear up a mixup in my AOR but I haven't had any luck sending online enquiries so I figure calling will be better.
I called 1 (888) 242-2100.
I called 12:30 pm pacific time.

Reactions: OC1234

Eighty six

Star Member
Nov 22, 2018
Guys is it really necessarily to have GCkey and ecas account?? Won't they send emails to your personal email address that u put on application after sending AOR1?

Sarahannclarke5

Sep 19, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
Guys is it really necessarily to have GCkey and ecas account?? Won't they send emails to your personal email address that u put on application after sending AOR1?

It's not necessary. it's a useful tool to look and see at the progress, or see if there are any updates etc. Sometimes an email is missed or not recieved and ecas/gckey is just somewhere you can see how the application is processing.

Eighty six

Star Member
Nov 22, 2018
It's not necessary. it's a useful tool to look and see at the progress, or see if there are any updates etc. Sometimes an email is missed or not recieved and ecas/gckey is just somewhere you can see how the application is processing.
Oh thank you for the info.. But only my husband which is the sponsor got gckey account.. I'm curious if the info they asking on gckey when u linking the account is the sponsors info like his last name or is it applicants info ?