***OCTOBER 2018 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Thank you. Good to be here. As in, it was mailed out on October the 7th, and the application was received in Sydney, Nova Scotia on October the 16th. By the way, do not use Canada Post as I did, for they are at risk of strike right now.

An enormous amount of work went into our application. By the time it was finished, it almost looked easy to make. It is quite eloquent. But in reality, we've been working on it for 5 years. Simple things like backing up Facebook 5 years ago ended up being crucial. There were several incidents of data loss, some of it the fault of the wife, others the fault of mine, related to the terrible design flaws of some of Facebook's apps. But I was very good at making sure to save and create multiple backups of all this data.

Really a lot of the work got done in a filthy coffee shop, face to face, surrounded by cockroaches, on the other side of the world where my wife lives. We spent many days fighting and bickering over details, and that is a process that lasted for months. But eventually we were able to get to a point where we had enough content, that I could put it into a project manager "Trello". I utilized "ShareX", a desktop screenshot program, to take cropped screenshots from Adobe Reader (full page view), and we'd have lists for each relevant set of forms, each card in the list would have the screenshot from each page of the forms, up to date with everything we'd filled out. I mean up to date as in, if one small thing was changed, I would update the card with an up to date image to reflect the state of progress we were at. I paid a good bit of money (over 200 bucks for 8 months) for me and my wife to be able to use this Trello, even if she used less than I, I felt it important for us to be on the same page and fully informed. All this paperwork is so ambiguous to deal with over a large distance, visual learner type people would have trouble without some sort of system. Not to mention the tensions are so high, with so much work to do, negativity can set in easily and make it hard to get anything done. So it was a lifesaver for us and gave us much hope.

And we'd have a "to do, doing, and done" section (3 sections), every time we read over the complete guide or check list and found some small error or something that needed adjusting, we'd put it into that to do list. There were also sections for social media, photos, tickets and passport stamps. These too would have images. We also utilized Microsoft Publisher and even Microsoft Paint, to just efficiently display our information. Every item would be printed on a piece of paper, so it would also have a screenshot to represent that piece of paper, in the project manager. We could go through all the forms faster, in that program, with them being more up to date, than you could shift around physical papers, which are cumbersome to keep up to date and looking clean.

This is how we got through the huge undertaking and made an application that was so eloquent that it looked easy to make. I hope our efforts paid off and everything is processed expediently and without much nuisance. But I guess you never know. I had gone onto Youtube and saw an application that a man made back in 2016, and I mean I guess the rules might have been different then, but he was sending in 100's of pages of bank records, social media, etc etc. We operated within the stipulations of the check list, which meant we needed to be a little more concise. But at the end, along with the exhaustive detail we went into via the forms, the work we did displaying the tickets and passport stamps seems to me to be very nice, and I think that they'll have a pleasure going through an application that has been so well tailored to their expectations.

But again we're only human so we'll see. I figure it would be useful to others to give them an idea of the type of efforts we've gone to, and how that will translate as far as processing times go. I've yet to list this stuff in the tracker yet but I'll get around to it shortly. Either way, we've wanted to live together for over 5 years and much of that time has been time we spent married, so we certainly are at least glad to have this "passed in" and have the ball on their side of the basketball court for a change, it's been a miserable time trying to seal the deal and mail it in for us.
Thank you. Good to be here. As in, it was mailed out on October the 7th, and the application was received in Sydney, Nova Scotia on October the 16th. By the way, do not use Canada Post as I did, for they are at risk of strike right now.

An enormous amount of work went into our application. By the time it was finished, it almost looked easy to make. It is quite eloquent. But in reality, we've been working on it for 5 years. Simple things like backing up Facebook 5 years ago ended up being crucial. There were several incidents of data loss, some of it the fault of the wife, others the fault of mine, related to the terrible design flaws of some of Facebook's apps. But I was very good at making sure to save and create multiple backups of all this data.

Really a lot of the work got done in a filthy coffee shop, face to face, surrounded by cockroaches, on the other side of the world where my wife lives. We spent many days fighting and bickering over details, and that is a process that lasted for months. But eventually we were able to get to a point where we had enough content, that I could put it into a project manager "Trello". I utilized "ShareX", a desktop screenshot program, to take cropped screenshots from Adobe Reader (full page view), and we'd have lists for each relevant set of forms, each card in the list would have the screenshot from each page of the forms, up to date with everything we'd filled out. I mean up to date as in, if one small thing was changed, I would update the card with an up to date image to reflect the state of progress we were at. I paid a good bit of money (over 200 bucks for 8 months) for me and my wife to be able to use this Trello, even if she used less than I, I felt it important for us to be on the same page and fully informed. All this paperwork is so ambiguous to deal with over a large distance, visual learner type people would have trouble without some sort of system. Not to mention the tensions are so high, with so much work to do, negativity can set in easily and make it hard to get anything done. So it was a lifesaver for us and gave us much hope.

And we'd have a "to do, doing, and done" section (3 sections), every time we read over the complete guide or check list and found some small error or something that needed adjusting, we'd put it into that to do list. There were also sections for social media, photos, tickets and passport stamps. These too would have images. We also utilized Microsoft Publisher and even Microsoft Paint, to just efficiently display our information. Every item would be printed on a piece of paper, so it would also have a screenshot to represent that piece of paper, in the project manager. We could go through all the forms faster, in that program, with them being more up to date, than you could shift around physical papers, which are cumbersome to keep up to date and looking clean.

This is how we got through the huge undertaking and made an application that was so eloquent that it looked easy to make. I hope our efforts paid off and everything is processed expediently and without much nuisance. But I guess you never know. I had gone onto Youtube and saw an application that a man made back in 2016, and I mean I guess the rules might have been different then, but he was sending in 100's of pages of bank records, social media, etc etc. We operated within the stipulations of the check list, which meant we needed to be a little more concise. But at the end, along with the exhaustive detail we went into via the forms, the work we did displaying the tickets and passport stamps seems to me to be very nice, and I think that they'll have a pleasure going through an application that has been so well tailored to their expectations.

But again we're only human so we'll see. I figure it would be useful to others to give them an idea of the type of efforts we've gone to, and how that will translate as far as processing times go. I've yet to list this stuff in the tracker yet but I'll get around to it shortly. Either way, we've wanted to live together for over 5 years and much of that time has been time we spent married, so we certainly are at least glad to have this "passed in" and have the ball on their side of the basketball court for a change, it's been a miserable time trying to seal the deal and mail it in for us.
Very well organized work done. We appreciate sharing with all members here. Sounds like no one can do such a hard work for 5 years. Keep checking your emails both of you, may hear a good news soon.
As per I phoned they are still working on LATE JULY cases. But U never know you may be picked up as OBO special case for Mississauga, in which case Final Decision will be made right here, only final docs will be sent to V.O. Cheers! :)

Reactions: hoppypuppy

Shrey_19

Star Member
Oct 14, 2018
Hi
I am sponsoring my wife. She is outside of Canada.Do I have as the sponsor to fill the travels for spouse at section b) in imm 5662?

Your help highly appreciated.

Thanks

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hi
I am sponsoring my wife. She is outside of Canada.Do I have as the sponsor to fill the travels for spouse at section b) in imm 5662?

Your help highly appreciated.

Thanks
I did not filled it at all . But 5562 which comes up under country Specific + asks about APPLICANT's history NOT SPONSOR's. This 5562 was made for families coming here say husband + wife. But they should have clarified that Sponsor Do not need to fill this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shrey_19

Shrey_19

Star Member
Oct 14, 2018
I did not filled it at all . But 5562 which comes up under country Specific + asks about APPLICANT's history NOT SPONSOR's. This 5562 was made for families coming here say husband + wife. But they should have clarified that Sponsor Do not need to fill this.
Thnx

Reactions: singleman

cantthinkofaname

Star Member
May 18, 2018
Hey all,

I have also sent in my sponsorship application for my wife. I had it sent from in Canada if that makes any difference since I needed a few things from people at home to complete it.

I sent it via courier just before I left Canada again. I don't know the exact date it got there but was supposed to be Oct. 3.

I don't currently live in Canada so I'm a little anxious about getting rejected as a sponsor, but will just have to wait and see. I was born in Canada, I just don't live or work there at the moment.

I also did the application myself, so anxiety there as well lol.

Last edited:

mkaur096

Oct 15, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I am the sponsor and I submitted the application on October 12th by Canada Post. It was received in Sydney, Nova Scotia on October 17th. I am born and raised in Canada, but have been traveling and living with my husband for the past 1.5 years in UK and then in India. Both of us have never been married before, have no dependents, and 6 month age gap between us (husband is older). Our education is the same (both accountants). We did the application ourselves. Not sure how this process will go. Really anxious to receive AOR1 because it'll let us know we're on the right track instead of getting it rejected and sending it back.

Anyways best of luck to everyone!

Khaider

Jul 30, 2012
Hello Everyone,
This thread for all applying for outland spousal sponsorship in october 2018.
Thanks
i know this might sound wierd.. but i am not able to post individually .. i can only reply to peoples post.. can someone help. Thanks

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hey all,

I have also sent in my sponsorship application for my wife. I had it sent from in Canada if that makes any difference since I needed a few things from people at home to complete it.

I sent it via courier just before I left Canada again. I don't know the exact date it got there but was supposed to be Oct. 3.

I don't currently live in Canada so I'm a little anxious about getting rejected as a sponsor, but will just have to wait and see. I was born in Canada, I just don't live or work there at the moment.

I also did the application myself, so anxiety there as well lol.
If you're a Canadian citizen it doesn't matter if you don't live in Canada to sponsor.

mahek286

Apr 10, 2010
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
18-01-2019
Application received in Sydney, NS on October 18, 2018. Fingers crossed.

Lmac4

Star Member
Jan 23, 2018
Hi All:)

Application sent 10.4.2018
Application received 10.10.2018

Updated October Spreadsheet, and joined Whatsapp!
Hopefully we can all get through this process together- reading August/September forums/ timelines have been super helpful too!:)
Wishing everyone luck!