13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
Hello! I’m new here :)
I just got a ghost update on gckey. Before open the app, there was written “Application/profile updated” instead of “Submitted”, but nothing changed inside. Does anybody know what it could be?
I didn’t get any email and Ecas is still the same.
Here it’s my timeline:

App received: October 3rd
AOR: October 25th
CSQ request: October 31st
CSQ app sent: October 6
CSQ approved: November 28
Restoration + OWP sent: December 8
Medical request: December 12
Medical done: December 27
Medical passed: January 7
Background check started: January 16
Restoration + OWP approved: March 13

Sorry I stumbled across your post. I had status restored while my PR +OWP app were already submitted. I hope I have a similar timeline as you.

Do you remember what your estimated processing time for OWP would have been, 4 months?

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
I copied this from sep group taught people might be interested:

At the interview, you are going to get a CoPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residence - a piece of paper with a bunch of bar codes). After getting it, you are looking at about another 45 days + delivery time until you receive your physical PR card in the mail. While you are waiting, you can use it to get your permanent SIN (Social Insurance Number) at your nearest Service Canada Centre.

Also DM means Decision Made; however, there are 3 different types of DMs:
  • 1st one will show up on the status of your Sponsor's eCAS (change from "In Process" to "Decision Made"), which transitions into SA (Sponsor Approval), and when your Sponsor gets an approval, he or she will be receiving an email confirming his or her eligibility to sponsor you to become a PR.
  • 2nd DM will be for yourself (the Principal Applicant). It is a status update from "In Process" to "Decision Made" on the PA's side on eCAS, which will transition into AIP (Approved in Principle), and when you get Approved in Principle, you will be receiving an email confirming that you have been determined to be eligible for a permanent residency in Canada.
  • 3rd DM will be an email confirming that your application for your Permanent Residency has been successfully completed and tells you to wait for a further instruction from your nearest CIC/IRCC office for your Landing Interview, which you already have.
Since I explained about the different types of DMs already, I might as well cover the other transitional updates LOL:
  • "Ghost" update: The very first update that applicants notice when they randomly (but frequently) check their MyCIC/GCKey account after weeks/months of silence from CIC/IRCC. It will say "Application/profile updated" but when you check, there won't be anything new and it changes back to "Submitted" when you go back to the main status page. It basically means that someone accessed your application and reviewing it, and you will be getting progressive updates very soon. Some applicants had further updates on the same day of getting a "ghost" update but some had to wait 3 weeks.
  • Status change on MyCIC/GCKey from "Your application in progress" to "We are reviewing your eligibility". Most applicants get it right after getting a "ghost" update. It means exactly what it is - someone is reviewing your eligibility and soon you will get a DM.
  • A 2nd new line added on eCAS on the PA's side informing that CIC/IRCC started processing the PA's application. It will say "We started processing PA's application on date". This will transition later into a DM on eCAS on the PA's side.
Glad to see one of my posts are getting shared around and being helpful! :)

canadian.forever

Mar 29, 2019
ECAS - decision made on both sides today, Oct 10 applicant. GCkey - no updates. Does anybody know what are the next steps?

Last edited:

Fopogi26

Star Member
Nov 5, 2018
Dear ********
This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law
Partner in Canada Class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as
a member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class. Please note that a final decision
will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met.
These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of
your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada
at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have
met these requirements.

just recieved this....
just today,,,,,
can i apply for OHIP now?
how much time i should get any news from them?

Reactions: baimmeb

baimmeb

Nov 21, 2016
Calgary, AB
Dear ********
This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law
Partner in Canada Class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as
a member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class. Please note that a final decision
will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met.
These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of
your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada
at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have
met these requirements.

just recieved this....
just today,,,,,
no not yet.... what is your timeline?

mightymoe

Mar 30, 2019
Update...

Today we got a request letter.

They wanted a proof of cohabitation, even though we already sent them the rent contract and joint bank account statements with the application. What else should we send them this time? ... i know people would say send them pics but believe me after 10 years of marriage you dont take pics as much as before :)

They also asked for travel history of the sponsor “husband” and and tax returns for 2017 and 2018 even though we were living overseas in 2017 and arrived to canada late 2018, august to be exact.

They also asked for employment history of husband, wonder if they want his history overseas or just since arriving to canada, he is still looking for a job but has many emails proving that he applied for jobs, what should we do in this case?

Calm2019

Jan 31, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
November 2, 2018
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
November 22, 2018
Med's Request
January 21, 2019
Med's Done....
January 29, 2019

Calm2019

Jan 31, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
November 2, 2018
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
November 22, 2018
Med's Request
January 21, 2019
Med's Done....
January 29, 2019
Dear ********
Partner in Canada Class.
met these requirements.

just recieved this....
just today,,,,,
Congrats

taj1234

Star Member
Dec 1, 2018
Update...

Today we got a request letter.

They wanted a proof of cohabitation, even though we already sent them the rent contract and joint bank account statements with the application. What else should we send them this time? ... i know people would say send them pics but believe me after 10 years of marriage you dont take pics as much as before :)

They also asked for travel history of the sponsor “husband” and and tax returns for 2017 and 2018 even though we were living overseas in 2017 and arrived to canada late 2018, august to be exact.

They also asked for employment history of husband, wonder if they want his history overseas or just since arriving to canada, he is still looking for a job but has many emails proving that he applied for jobs, what should we do in this case?
What is your timeline

mightymoe

Mar 30, 2019
What is your timeline
Oct 13, 2018 - PR app sent
Oct 15, 2018 - APP received by CIC
Nov 02, 2018 - Received AOR
Nov 15, 2018 - App Linked
Dec 21, 2018 - Medical Request
Dec 27, 2018 - Finished Medical
Dec 30, 2018 - Medical Passed
Jan 25, 2019 - Background check and requested police certificate
Jan 26, 2019 - police certificate uploaded

They are asking if our relationship is genuine even though i already sent them my marriage certificate from 10 years and the birth certificates of our children, wonder on what basis they review the application and supporting documents

baimmeb

Nov 21, 2016
Calgary, AB
dont undertsand why they even asked for more proof of your relationship.... i only sent copy of my marriage certificate and apartment leasing agreement . and when i sent my application i was only married for 1.5 months....

Reactions: mightymoe