+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****October 2018**** INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP

AMBriers

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
OWP is so slow now.
I heard it used to be a lot faster. Now there's the chance that they are taking away the ability to have one while waiting for PR all together. I think it's ridiculous that they're expecting people to basically sponge off of their partners for what could be a year long process. It's kind of degrading in a way.

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
My husband is about to lose an 85K job offer because OWP is taking so long. They have to realize how many lives they are affecting.

tiffphany23

Star Member
Nov 4, 2014
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-10-2018
AOR Received.
26-10-2018
Med's Request
14-12-2018
Med's Done....
20-12-2018
I'm October 4th applicant and still heard nothing. My job will only be held open for a couple more days so stressed is an understatement.
Im on the same boat... It’s stupid when there’s a high demand for worker everywhere and yet CIC takes forever to issue work permits.

tiffphany23

Star Member
Nov 4, 2014
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-10-2018
AOR Received.
26-10-2018
Med's Request
14-12-2018
Med's Done....
20-12-2018
I heard it used to be a lot faster. Now there's the chance that they are taking away the ability to have one while waiting for PR all together. I think it's ridiculous that they're expecting people to basically sponge off of their partners for what could be a year long process. It's kind of degrading in a way.
I think the end of the pilot causes this delay. People are procrastinating to apply last minute and CIC is short staffed. But I blame CIC for not preparing for this period.

tiffphany23

Star Member
Nov 4, 2014
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-10-2018
AOR Received.
26-10-2018
Med's Request
14-12-2018
Med's Done....
20-12-2018
My husband is about to lose an 85K job offer because OWP is taking so long. They have to realize how many lives they are affecting.
I agree! But I do hope that the owp arrives on time for him!!! Thats a great job!

Reactions: Qwertypod

AMBriers

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
Mine is admittedly not as well paying as that, but I really don't know what to do if I have to hand in my resignation as I'd been promoted to a good position that I stand to lose, and I was able to help my partner out more than I would have. It has been looking so hopeful as it seems people who applied at the same time (and even after) have already received their permits in the mail, but I'm starting to lose hope now. :(

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
I agree! But I do hope that the owp arrives on time for him!!! Thats a great job!
Thank you! I really hope that everyone gets theirs in time, too. So sad how many people are ready and willing, with job offers, unable to contribute to Canada's economy and finance their stay while they wait for PR. Our immigration attorney told us OWP would take 2 months tops, now I just laugh at that!

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
Mine is admittedly not as well paying as that, but I really don't know what to do if I have to hand in my resignation as I'd been promoted to a good position that I stand to lose, and I was able to help my partner out more than I would have. It has been looking so hopeful as it seems people who applied at the same time (and even after) have already received their permits in the mail, but I'm starting to lose hope now. :(
Try speaking with HR. Maybe they can suspend your position at the company while you wait for your OWP? It doesn't hurt to ask, especially if they promoted you - they have shown that they have confidence in your abilities and contributions to the company.

AMBriers

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
Try speaking with HR. Maybe they can suspend your position at the company while you wait for your OWP? It doesn't hurt to ask, especially if they promoted you - they have shown that they have confidence in your abilities and contributions to the company.
I already tried unfortunately and they said they cannot allow an extension to my leave of absence. The company has already been without a trained manager for almost 4 months and I think they were generous enough to allow it to go that long, especially through the xmas period. The leave technically ends on the 9th Feb, but they said they'd check on the first, likely to see if I have an answer and have time to prepare for a replacement. Plus, if the physical permit takes a week to arrive by mail, I also need to have my OWP approved (or at least eligibility review started) by the 1st, to make sure I can get my SIN reactivated by the 9th. :\

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
I already tried unfortunately and they said they cannot allow an extension to my leave of absence. The company has already been without a trained manager for almost 4 months and I think they were generous enough to allow it to go that long, especially through the xmas period. The leave technically ends on the 9th Feb, but they said they'd check on the first, likely to see if I have an answer and have time to prepare for a replacement. Plus, if the physical permit takes a week to arrive by mail, I also need to have my OWP approved (or at least eligibility review started) by the 1st, to make sure I can get my SIN reactivated by the 9th. :\
I'm sorry to hear that. Best of luck, I hope you get yours on time!!

jack_is_jack

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
18-12-2014
Woohoo,

My lawyer just received an OWP

App received - 1st October
AOR - never received
Medical Request - Jan 15
OWP Approved - 22nd January
OWP Received - 30th January
Medical Passed- pending
lol why other get tons of likes on their timeline shares and me none. No one happy for me here, I should stop posting, lol

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
lol why other get tons of likes on their timeline shares and me none. No one happy for me here, I should stop posting, lol
Yay! Congrats. I hope nobody is just here for the likes lol I think people in this thread are just getting impatient over not receiving their OWP yet, me included.

Reactions: tiffphany23

tiffphany23

Star Member
Nov 4, 2014
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-10-2018
AOR Received.
26-10-2018
Med's Request
14-12-2018
Med's Done....
20-12-2018
Not that no one likes it. Its only because people are so very frustrated. But you should know that we are all happy for one another when there’s good news. So congrats!!!

jack_is_jack

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
18-12-2014
Yay! Congrats. I hope nobody is just here for the likes lol I think people in this thread are just getting impatient over not receiving their OWP yet, me included.
And thats exactly why we all share timelines, so everyone get patient, seeing that others in the same boat, nothing crazy. I am Oct 1 applicant and just got it, so it's al good!

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
And thats exactly why we all share timelines, so everyone get patient, seeing that others in the same boat, nothing crazy. I am Oct 1 applicant and just got it, so it's al good!
I think for a good number of us, we have job offers that will expire if we don't get an answer soon. The system seems to be extremely clogged and slow, so people are still going to be stressed out because their livelihood depends on this. In a perfect world, CBSA would issue OWPs in an expedited fashion if you can show them a job offer letter, but sadly that is not the case.

If I wasn't in this circumstance, I would wait happily and patiently, though!

Reactions: tiffphany23