+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****October 2018**** INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP

baimmeb

Nov 21, 2016
Calgary, AB
Ok so I submitted the application and work permit application form included but I didn’t know how to pay work permit fee as I only paid PR application fee which was $1040. Will they return my application due to missing work permit payment proof ???

tarun23890

Sep 9, 2018
Ok so I submitted the application and work permit application form included but I didn’t know how to pay work permit fee as I only paid PR application fee which was $1040. Will they return my application due to missing work permit payment proof ???
Yes 90 % of the time they do. You will have to pay the remaining 255$ OWP Fees

dstpcansgirlfriend

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
AOR Received.
30-10-2018
We sent our application over Thanksgiving and it was received on October 11. Our package included the PR and OWP applications. Fingers crossed it's not returned, and we get our AOR.

Reactions: baimmeb

baimmeb

Nov 21, 2016
Calgary, AB
Yes 90 % of the time they do. You will have to pay the remaining 255$ OWP Fees
So that means 90% of the chance my application will be returned because of missing work permit payment proof. Will they just ask for it when the application is linked to online account ? Like work permit is not my main purpose tho...

baimmeb

Nov 21, 2016
Calgary, AB
We sent our application over Thanksgiving and it was received on October 11. Our package included the PR and OWP applications. Fingers crossed it's not returned, and we get our AOR.
Did you also include the work permit payment proof? Like I didn’t even find where to pay for work permit. I just attached PR application fee which is $1040.

dstpcansgirlfriend

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
AOR Received.
30-10-2018
Hi Baimmeb - yes, we included the receipt for the OWP. You can pay for it following the link and instructions here : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/openworkpermit.asp. Select "Temporary residence" as the drop down selection, and then it should give you the option to select OWP.

When you do pay for the OWP, don't forget that you have to select two things to put in your "cart." The total should be $255.

Other more experienced members will have to comment on what might be returned to you.

baimmeb

Nov 21, 2016
Calgary, AB
Hi Baimmeb - yes, we included the receipt for the OWP. You can pay for it following the link and instructions here : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/openworkpermit.asp. Select "Temporary residence" as the drop down selection, and then it should give you the option to select OWP.

When you do pay for the OWP, don't forget that you have to select two things to put in your "cart." The total should be $255.

Other more experienced members will have to comment on what might be returned to you.
Thanks, you're really helpful. But i didnt include it when i submitted. so i guess my OWP will be returned due to the fee. but hopefully my PR wont be returned as i paid for it..

dstpcansgirlfriend

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
AOR Received.
30-10-2018
Do you mean that you paid for the PR? Even if the whole package is returned, that's okay. When you send it back, just send a copy of the same receipt you used for PR. You don't have to pay again :)

baimmeb

Nov 21, 2016
Calgary, AB
Do you mean that you paid for the PR? Even if the whole package is returned, that's okay. When you send it back, just send a copy of the same receipt you used for PR. You don't have to pay again :)
oh i mean i did include the receipt of the PR payment ... but didnt pay OWP so i guess probably my OWP will be returned .. but PR will be processed?

BR_ESL

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
oh i mean i did include the receipt of the PR payment ... but didnt pay OWP so i guess probably my OWP will be returned .. but PR will be processed?
From what I've seen, if there is a simple mistake or something missing, they will return the whole application package. I am not sure for OWP.
Why don't you try to pay for the OWP fee and phone them see if you can forward it separately? This could avoid delays on your application if returned for this only reason... I am not sure if this is possible though... Just an idea! Good luck!