+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****October 2018**** INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
I still haven't received my OWP. I submited on Oct 25 in Edmonton. No e-mail, no link (try million times), no return. What should I do, my friends?
Do an inquiry on their webform about it because yours have exceeded the normal processing time
Were you in status when you applied for OWP?

Ngongocminhduc

Dec 31, 2018
Do an inquiry on their webform about it because yours have exceeded the normal processing time
Were you in status when you applied for OWP?
Yes I was. I was in status from June 17 to December 17. I also have the visitor record about 2 years , 2020 Oct.
what should I do? How can I contact to CiC for my OWP?

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Yes I was. I was in status from June 17 to December 17. I also have the visitor record about 2 years , 2020 Oct.
Here is the link for IRCC webform
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
You fill out your information and you write in the box your enquiry : you tell them that you haven't heard anything about your OWP and it has exceeded the normal processing time
Or you can call them on their number: 1 888-242-2100 and speak to an agent: they can tell you your OWP application number and they might be able to help you know what's going on and you can submit an enquiry with an agent
Good luck!

Reactions: KBsandhu

KBsandhu

Jun 7, 2018
Try linking your work permit application to GCkey, in that way you can see what it says there? If you are unable to do that, call CIC and talk to representative, they can help you better.

Reactions: Geno.uss

haru22

Sep 30, 2018
Yes, this is standard. All OWPs granted are for 2 years (or less if the applicant's passport expires sooner).
Hi there, my CL partner just received her OW permit as well (we applied for PR in october), Do you know if them granting her this OW permit means our application is strong and are likely to be accepted? I am just wondering as on eCas I have still not been approved to be a sponsor.

Calm2019

Jan 31, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
November 2, 2018
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
November 22, 2018
Med's Request
January 21, 2019
Med's Done....
January 29, 2019
That means your application has been accepted by cic but it doesn’t guarantee the approval of your pr application. But good to stay positive good luck!

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
Hi there, my CL partner just received her OW permit as well (we applied for PR in october), Do you know if them granting her this OW permit means our application is strong and are likely to be accepted? I am just wondering as on eCas I have still not been approved to be a sponsor.
What Calm2019 said above. Means your PR application was completed appropriately, but doesn't guarantee anything in terms of PR. Congrats on the OWP!

KBsandhu

Jun 7, 2018
Work permit & spousal application are processed separately. If everything is alright, then you will get spousal application approval soon too, its just matter of weeks .All the best.

Ngongocminhduc

Dec 31, 2018
Today the officer just give me the email for number application of my OWP on March 18, 2019.
But I can't link the GCkey account. I submited my OWP on Oct 25, 2018. And now I just received the number application. So I need wait more 3 or 4 months for my OWP, it is right?
What should I do now?

Last edited:

rstuckert

Star Member
Mar 18, 2019
Hello! I’m new here :)
I just got a ghost update on gckey. Before open the app, there was written “Application/profile updated” instead of “Submitted”, but nothing changed inside. Does anybody know what it could be?
I didn’t get any email and Ecas is still the same.
Here it’s my timeline:

App received: October 3rd
AOR: October 25th
CSQ request: October 31st
CSQ app sent: October 6
CSQ approved: November 28
Restoration + OWP sent: December 8
Medical request: December 12
Medical done: December 27
Medical passed: January 7
Background check started: January 16
Restoration + OWP approved: March 13

taj1234

Star Member
Dec 1, 2018
Hello! I’m new here :)
I just got a ghost update on gckey. Before open the app, there was written “Application/profile updated” instead of “Submitted”, but nothing changed inside. Does anybody know what it could be?
I didn’t get any email and Ecas is still the same.
Here it’s my timeline:

App received: October 3rd
AOR: October 25th
CSQ request: October 31st
CSQ app sent: October 6
CSQ approved: November 28
Restoration + OWP sent: December 8
Medical request: December 12
Medical done: December 27
Medical passed: January 7
Background check started: January 16
Restoration + OWP approved: March 13
Wow!! It's a good sign , Good luck, happy for you

Zxcv098

Jan 31, 2019
Today the officer just give me the email for number application of my OWP on March 18, 2019.
But I can't link the GCkey account. I submited my OWP on Oct 10, 2018. And now I just received the number application. So I need wait more 3 or 4 months for my OWP, it is right?
What should I do now?
We are on the same boat.
Application received at IRCC- Mississauga October 19,2018
AOR November 07,2018
MR: Jan 03, 2019
Med Approved Jan 12, 2019
BGC started Feb 11, 2019
No information about status of OWP application, phoned hotline 3x, agent confirmed OWP application received October 19, 2018. Have to wait 30 days from last Request inquiry regarding OWP, as per agent IRCC will get back to us with in 30 days, first request placed Feb 26, we can make another request after 30 day if if we don’t hear back from IRCC. Other, than that it’s beyond their control (agent), there is nothing they can and there is nothing we can do but wait! This is truly frustrating!
If anybody in this group who could shed us some hope or share idea, much appreciated.

Keep you all guys posted with updates. Thank you all and best luck to all of us.

Ivylebrun

Jan 9, 2019
Has anyone here had the OPW application returned ?

If yes , did you send it to Edmonton ?

I would like to now the timeline ...

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
But I can't link the GCkey account. I submited my OWP on Oct 25, 2018. And now I just received the number application. So I need wait more 3 or 4 months for my OWP, it is right?
What should I do now?
No not necessarily, you don't need to wait 3 or 4 months more, you can get an update anytime, but no one knows when exactly, keep checking for updates